+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
If the application is processed by Hong Kong VO, and the passport request letter has been received from HK VO, shall the PPR package be mailed to VAC in Hong Kong, or to a VAC in mainland of China, as we currently reside in mainland of China. Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the application is processed by Hong Kong VO, and the passport request letter has been received from HK VO, shall the PPR package be mailed to VAC in Hong Kong, or to a VAC in mainland of China, as we currently reside in mainland of China. Thank you!
Depends which part of China, I guess.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
VAC in China that is closet to where you live

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
As GCMS notes records, background check just started in July 2020. Background check will be taken for six months to two years. That means I will only be able to reunion with my husband next year or maybe after two years. What will happen to a couple after two years not seeing each other in person? Sad... but I can not change the fact.
It depends, for some people, background check takes a few days to complete. If it involves security check, you would expect longer time. For us, it took about 7 months to complete security check. Good luck!

Reactions: jerry22880

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Decision made in ECAS yesterday. I have checked several times, and still can't believe it. What will be further steps? Where will passport request come from, by email or GCkey account?
Congratulations!! Your hard work has been paid off.

My decision made was on August 24 and have not received any PPR ever since. Please keep me posted if there's any update from your end. :)

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Congratulations!! Your hard work has been paid off.

My decision made was on August 24 and have not received any PPR ever since. Please keep me posted if there's any update from your end. :)
Thank you for your wishes! I thought you should have had received PPR. It has been two weeks. Which city do you live in China? I'm in Guangzhou.

I will update here if I have further information. Keep in contact!

Last edited:
Reactions: jackhcd

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Decision made in ECAS yesterday. I have checked several times, and still can't believe it. What will be further steps? Where will passport request come from, by email or GCkey account?
Congrats ! They will send you email.
Are you sure you are ready to come to Canada? Not much happening around here except I've been breathing in smoke for some time now, Covid cases are on the rise and the homeless people are going crazy. Much safer in Guangzhou for the time being.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Congratulations ! Could you share your timeline? thanks.
Thank you! My application journey is tough and still waiting for PPR. Here is my timeline,

- Application received: Aug 19, 2019
- Application AOR: Sept 20, 2019
- Sponsor approval: Sept 24, 2019
- Biometric and medical passed: Sept 29, 2019
- Application forwarded to HK by email: Oct 9, 2019
- PA Status in ECAS started processing: Oct 15, 2019
- Application transferred to Consulate General in HK by email, which subject is 'Document Request': Oct 24, 2019
- Application arrived in Hong Kong by email, which subject is 'Bulletin 1': Dec 4, 2019
- Recommend Interview (GCMS notes issued in Feb 2020): Dec 30, 2019
- Background check in GCkey account changed to 'Your application is in progress': Jan 2, 2020
- Interview Convocation Letter in GCkey account: Jan 14, 2020
- Interview request cancelled and Pre-arrival letter in GCkey account: Jul 17, 2020
- Background check in GCkey account changed to 'We are processing your background check': Jul 23, 2020
- Request Letter in GCkey account to update Schedule A Background from the age of 18: Aug 5, 2020
- 'Bulletin 2: Important Updates About Your Immigration Application' by email: Aug 13, 2020
- Decision made in ECAS: Sept 11, 2020

Hopefully PPR and COPR will come soon because the medical result will be expired after two weeks.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Congrats ! They will send you email.
Are you sure you are ready to come to Canada? Not much happening around here except I've been breathing in smoke for some time now, Covid cases are on the rise and the homeless people are going crazy. Much safer in Guangzhou for the time being.
Thank you for your wish and a great deal of encouragement in my long journey!! You're right, Guangzhou is pretty safe. We don't have local infected cases. But we still need to wear mask outside and be precaution all the time.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Thank you for your wishes! I thought you should have had received PPR. It has been two weeks. Which city do you live in China? I'm in Guangzhou.

I will update here if I have further information. Keep in contact!
Thank you! While I live in Toronto my parents are currently residing in Taiwan. I forgot to mention that IRCC agent gave me a call on August 28 inquiring whether both my parents were currently residing in Canada. They are conducting a pilot for the approved applicants & dependents (they all need to be inland) which essentially let them complete the landing virtually without going through the borders. My parents cannot participate as they are not in Canada at this moment.

It's been over 3 weeks since the approval on August 24, and hence prompted me to submit an webform inquiry to HKVO just now. I don't want them to miss out on the PPR communication had them mistakenly believe our case is being handled by inland IRCC team.

Last edited:

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Thank you! While I live in Toronto my parents are currently residing in Taiwan. I forgot to mention that IRCC agent gave me a call on August 28 inquiring whether both my parents were currently residing in Canada. They are conducting a pilot for the approved applicants & dependents (they all need to be inland) which essentially let them complete the landing virtually without going through the borders. My parents cannot participate as they are not in Canada at this moment.

It's been over 3 weeks since the approval on August 24, and hence prompted me to submit an webform inquiry to HKVO just now. I don't want them to miss out on the PPR communication had them mistakenly believe our case is being handled by inland IRCC team.
I think your parents' suggestion is reasonable. In fact, some applicants in Chinese wechat group have received passport request two days ago, and as I know, their decision made in ECAS was found on Sept 1 and Sept 2. Their applications are also processed by Hong Kong office.