+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

EricBord

Jul 25, 2020
yes thank's !
I was looking for a specific information and I found after that.
somehow I don't know if my spouse flight will be canceled or not since governement extended the closure of the frontier till 31 of august then maybe the air line company will cancel plane again ... or not to be follow !!

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Off topic : YVR to HK (6hrs layover) to Shanghai . Are there any travel restrictions on this? Will i have to quarantine in Hong kong?

ps* i have hk id and china permit card

thank you!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Off topic : YVR to HK (6hrs layover) to Shanghai . Are there any travel restrictions on this? Will i have to quarantine in Hong kong?

ps* i have hk id and china permit card

thank you!
Not sure whether there is any restriction in Hong Kong. The existing quarantine policy in Shanghai is that you need to quarantine at the designated hotel for 7 days, and quarantine in your home for another 7 days.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi all, I received a request letter in GCkey account today. It says I need to submit 'Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background (IMM 5669)' and address from the age of 18. Before that, I only submitted the most recent 10 years personal history.
Does anyone have the same experience? My husband and I both think that they are going to have 6 months security check to my background.
On the flip side, I have used three ways to submitted to them, including GCkey request information submit function, webform, and mailed by SF express. I think I am too nervous.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi all, I received a request letter in GCkey account today. It says I need to submit 'Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background (IMM 5669)' and address from the age of 18. Before that, I only submitted the most recent 10 years personal history.
Does anyone have the same experience? My husband and I both think that they are going to have 6 months security check to my background.
On the flip side, I have used three ways to submitted to them, including GCkey request information submit function, webform, and mailed by SF express. I think I am too nervous.
That's a good sign.
"Read the instructions carefully", don't think too much, and send the requested information.
We made copy's and sent by courier with a tracking number.

Reactions: jerry22880

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
My wife landed last Tuesday (7.28), everything was smooth except the flight was delayed for 2 hours. CBSA, IRCC and customs at the airport are very friendly. For those who are still concerned about travel restriction, I call tell you that those are only problems created in your head and not real ;)

Another 7 days, we will be free birds...

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
That is normal from HKVO, we got the same request. You have to fill up everything since you were 18, not just past 10 years and courier it back to HKVO.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
My wife landed last Tuesday (7.28), everything was smooth except the flight was delayed for 2 hours. CBSA, IRCC and customs at the airport are very friendly. For those who are still concerned about travel restriction, I call tell you that those are only problems created in your head and not real ;)

Congratulations! You both finally reunion. Just wait for another 7 days... but when it's compared with the application waiting period, it's just nothing. Cheers!

Reactions: ryester

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
That is normal from HKVO, we got the same request. You have to fill up everything since you were 18, not just past 10 years and courier it back to HKVO.
Thank you for telling me. I was wondering how long they will give us the further update or decision made after received the requested documents.

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019

congrats Ryester . How much was the ticket and from which city did ur wife fly from ? I am trying to go back to pick up my wife and kid but having a hard time looking for tickets.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Congrats !
Free birds after 7 days :cool: More like cooked ducks with the hot summer temperatures, well maybe a little cooler than Beijing?
Don't seem to be any travel restrictions around here especially with all the license plates I've seen recently.
Time for some beer.

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
We’ve done the same back in March, along with the HK security clearance and plan to move back to Canada. All were submitted via GCKey under the additional document feature. Within a few days the status on GCKey under Additional document changed to ‘We have reveived your additional documents’ but not until 2 weeks ago we were DM’ed and PPR followed in a couple of days. Spouse also only provided last 10 years apparently on the form it did ask for everything since 18 years of age....lol.

Hope this helps, all the best.!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
We’ve done the same back in March, along with the HK security clearance and plan to move back to Canada. All were submitted via GCKey under the additional document feature. Within a few days the status on GCKey under Additional document changed to ‘We have reveived your additional documents’ but not until 2 weeks ago we were DM’ed and PPR followed in a couple of days. Spouse also only provided last 10 years apparently on the form it did ask for everything since 18 years of age....lol.

Hope this helps, all the best.!
Thank you very much, floppydisk. The experience you shared do help us. At least, we can estimate how long we may need to wait for the final decision and what are the further steps. It seems the requirement to provide personal history from 18 yrs is normal request. Hopefully the further process will be smooth. Have a good one!

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you for telling me. I was wondering how long they will give us the further update or decision made after received the requested documents.
In our case, HKVO will send you Pre-arrival after they believe your relationship is genuine and then start BGC. BGC can take from a few days to several years and is case by case. In our case, it took a bit over 7 months.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
congrats Ryester . How much was the ticket and from which city did ur wife fly from ? I am trying to go back to pick up my wife and kid but having a hard time looking for tickets.
Thank you. We spent 28k (RMB) with Hainan Airlines, one way ticket, Beijing->Toronto->Ottawa. It seems there are plenty tickets with this price, we just booked tickets 7 days before departure. That is insanely expensive!:mad: