+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
our timeline is similar we are June 12th AOR1 and October 3rd AOR2 to HKVO.

I resubmitted everything from my application package and updated some forms and included another LOE. and I got PRE-Arrival 1 month after they received the re-submitted application package. this was to ensure the file transmission missed anything from original application. it was quite some money to ship it to hongkong but worth the money spent.

We received PRE last Tuesday and yesterday DM in ecas.

Submit the settlement plan anyway. you can mention that you have already moved back. Anytime PA move will have to update IRCC. since you are in Canada, the fastest way to update address is to call IRCC directly and make sure PA is on the phone line with you to consent. Make sure they have PA's traveler record details, because IRCC normally dont have that until request that information from CBSA.

My wife also here on TRV and have been travelling back and forth between here an US. dual intent is allowed. I always kept her accompany when cross border, the CBSA officer saw my PR card they will go easy on her, and I can respond any questions on her behalf.

Best of luck. you probably wont have any update until after Christmas after you re-submit requested documents. they always wait the entire 30 days to pickup file with re-submitted docs.

Thanks for the info. I resubmitted the documents, and updated the address to Canada. Hopefully we'll hear something back soon. I did notice after I submitted the documents the BGC changed back to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.", before it was showing in progress.

Reactions: tuitui509

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
Forward from Sydney or HK?

Now it is the time they will determine whether your application stay in Mississauga or be sending to HK for BGC. 99% of us got application send to HK. if you are lucky enough to get stay in Mississauga, PA should receive DM within a month or 2.

Normally within 1 week of ECAS status change to "2. We started processing your application on XXXX."

When our application receive this ECAS change 2 days later our application transferred to HK, there is no indicator on ECAS or GCkey, We found out by calling IRCC, the agent informed us the primary office changed from Mississauga to hongkong and Mississauga become secondary.

then after that 2 weeks, we received AOR2 email from HKVO.
Forwarded from Sydney.
Thanks for the info

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for the info. I resubmitted the documents, and updated the address to Canada. Hopefully we'll hear something back soon. I did notice after I submitted the documents the BGC changed back to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.", before it was showing in progress.
Best of luck.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Forwarded from Sydney.
Thanks for the info
Now it is only a waiting game until AOR2.

I would recommend to call IRCC right now to get a detailed update if you are in Canada, Once it is transferred to HK you cant get any update from IRCC call center besides from GCkey account until DM in ECAS.

Dont listen to rumors out there on the street, which calling IRCC would slowing down your process or bad for your application. same applies to GCMS notes.

I have called numerous times to gather information on the application. They missed my AOR letter and SA letter I had to call them to find out the application number. I called total of 25 times throughout the process, and yet our application processing time is less than 6 month, so maybe the excessive calls did help expedite the process? I called my local MP and went to the MP office signed a consent form to inquiry our application status. 2 days later we got DM in ECAS, maybe the MP helped? I dont really know at this point. I called MP again today they said they are still working on the status check with our application, so I doubt if they helped in the process.

Some agents are helpful and willing to tell you more about your applications, somes dont and only provide information that you could see from GCkey or ECAS. It is a hit or a miss, you just have to keep trying.

The call option is 2-1-1-0 then they will tell you how long is the wait time and if you would like a call back. I always choose call back.

Best of luck

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

I would recommend to call IRCC right now to get a detailed update if you are in Canada, Once it is transferred to HK you cant get any update from IRCC call center besides from GCkey account until DM in ECAS.

Dont listen to rumors out there on the street, which calling IRCC would slowing down your process or bad for your application. same applies to GCMS notes.

I have called numerous times to gather information on the application. They missed my AOR letter and SA letter I had to call them to find out the application number. I called total of 25 times throughout the process, and yet our application processing time is less than 6 month, so maybe the excessive calls did help expedite the process? I called my local MP and went to the MP office signed a consent form to inquiry our application status. 2 days later we got DM in ECAS, maybe the MP helped? I dont really know at this point. I called MP again today they said they are still working on the status check with our application, so I doubt if they helped in the process.

Some agents are helpful and willing to tell you more about your applications, somes dont and only provide information that you could see from GCkey or ECAS. It is a hit or a miss, you just have to keep trying.

The call option is 2-1-1-0 then they will tell you how long is the wait time and if you would like a call back. I always choose call back.

Best of luck
It's good to stay on top of things but remember each time you call is documented and
listed in the GCMS notes so be reasonable with your inquiries.

Reactions: ryester

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
It's good to stay on top of things but remember each time you call is documented and
listed in the GCMS notes so be reasonable with your inquiries.
Yup, it has to be reasonable but if you never received AOR and SA letter you will be calling them everyday too.
The reason to call is that you can find out the information right away instead of waiting on CSE request time window of 5-10 days.
if you found something wrong with your account the best way is to call and take action right away. for Spousal sponsorship application there is a dedicated queue 2-1-1-0 just like PR card application queue.

Some on here waiting for PPR forever and the only reason is missing RPRF fee but was never communicated by IRCC, if he/she would have called, he/she might get PPR 2-3 month sooner.

cheers.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Best of luck
What you did does not accelerate or slow down your application specifically. But remember, excessive calls and inquiries do suck manpower in IRCC from normal business and it will eventually impact the whole process time for everyone.Now ATIP cannot even keep their service standard to send GCMS notes in 30 calendar days.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
What you did does not accelerate or slow down your application specifically. But remember, excessive calls and inquiries do suck manpower in IRCC from normal business and it will eventually impact the whole process time for everyone.Now ATIP cannot even keep their service standard to send GCMS notes in 30 calendar days.
From my understanding GCMS notes are handled by a different department for ATIP. All web form CSE cases and calls are handled by IRCC call center agents. There is a dedicated queue for spousal sponsorship application.I did not order any GCMS to slow anybody down or drain any manpower from IRCC.

Thanks for pointing it out.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Yes, I did. The bolded highlight text message above the full timeline,
Your application is taking longer than usual for us to process.
Hope they do something about it. since now it is more than normal processing time for your application, maybe it is time to followup with a webform inquiry.

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
The email is generic.

in the PPR letter, they specified several locations to send passport: Beijing for China residents, Hongkong for Hongkong and Macao residents, Taipei for Taiwan residents and Ulaanbaatar for Mongolia.

For visa exempt countries citizens, send passport copy to HK office for COPR, no counterfoil needed.

verbiage for submitting to Ottawa,
"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are
currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your package to the Case
Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following
address with the additional following document:
A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or
Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
"

We have already mailed our documents package to Ottawa,

the address is below
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

BTW, 2 new most recent PR photos are required. I would recommend anyone get DM to get the photos first.
Sent mine in on 1st December and upto now I no response

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Sent mine in on 1st December and upto now I no response
where did you send your Passport? if VFS/Local VO then the best is to contact them to track the progress and get estimated time.

Here is the tracker from what people reported how their timeline for COPR and Passport Counter Foil.
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

if you send it to CPC Ottawa, then you timeline will be similar to mine. I confirmed with Call center agent that CPC Ottawa for Passport 1 time TRV Counter Foil and COPR processing time is 3 weeks. Including Canada Post shipping time it should be within 4 weeks.

I send Passport and other documents along with PPR letter to CPC Ottawa via Canada Post on December 4th and it got delivered to SCI(which is the 3rd party vendor who manage CPC Ottawa's mail sorting and Scanning) on Dec 6th. According to the tracker most people got it processed within 14 days. and return Xpresspost tracker is activated on the 17-20th day from passport delivery. so if you send to CPC Ottawa it really depends on when they received it.

if they received it on the 2nd or 3rd then most likely you wont have it done until end of the year.
the process below:
1. SCI receive the mail and sort it to different department for CPC Ottawa
2. if documents is completed they will scan everything and upload to the system. and Send Passport and photos to printing Facility.
3. an VO in CPC Ottawa will pick up the file and verify completeness or if need anything , if they need anything from you they will try to contact you via email
4. once everything checks out, the VO will mark it as complete and mark the passport ready for counterfoil and you passport will be printed with a 1 time TRV for landing, mean while COPR letter will be produced
5. once passport print is completed and COPR letter produced VO will mark the application is approved.
6. once application approved your GCKey account will show the spousal sponsorship as approved( this is normally taking 10-20 days according to later trend)
7. once approved, they will try to have a different team to package everything in to the Xpresspost envelope(Passport, Cover letter, official COPR with one of the PR photo affix to it and a duplicated copy of COPR letter) and send it back to the sender. this normally happens 3-5 days after GCKey application approval.
8. the rest is depending on Canada Post.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: kalegale

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hope they do something about it. since now it is more than normal processing time for your application, maybe it is time to followup with a webform inquiry.
There is nothing anyone can do at this point. Not me, not MP, not IRCC. In this situation, if I constantly call or inquire about the progress, it is purely adding overhead and getting frustrated without result. The SS time is from 9-18 months, so the only thing I can do is to wait.I probably will ask MP to check again in Feb next year, which would be 9 months after SS started.