+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Be a little careful with expectations especially dealing with immigration.
I don't think they will get time off for Spring Festival because it's not a Canadian statutory holiday.
Think about the other side....Do you want to come here in the middle of winter? Rain, snow, ice, cold, expensive.
Hey buddy, I find out their closed date schedule on their website. Just for our reference.

The Consular Section will be closed on the following dates (re-opening on the next work day)

• November 27, 2019
  • December 10, 2019
  • December 25 to 26, 2019
  • January 1, 2020
  • January 27 to 28, 2020

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hey buddy, I find out their closed date schedule on their website. Just for our reference.

The Consular Section will be closed on the following dates (re-opening on the next work day)

• November 27, 2019
  • December 10, 2019
  • December 25 to 26, 2019
  • January 1, 2020
  • January 27 to 28, 2020
Good find!
Remember these are ' closed dates ' it doesn't show staffing levels.
Maybe only 25% employees working around this time?
Makes for a slow process.:(

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Got pre-arrival on the 17th. Hoping my wife being young not having lived outside China helps speed up the BGC. I mean all they have to do is look at the notarized booklet and accept it or not.
I received the bulletin 1 at the same day as yours. But I still didn't receive the pre-arrival letter. Maybe I'm in queue to have an interview.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Got pre-arrival on the 17th. Hoping my wife being young not having lived outside China helps speed up the BGC. I mean all they have to do is look at the notarized booklet and accept it or not.
It took only 1 day for our BGC After PRE in our gckey account. if everything checks out, you should receive PPR request within 2 weeks.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • November 25, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • November 26, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • December 13, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
It took only 1 day for our BGC After PRE in our gckey account. if everything checks out, you should receive PPR request within 2 weeks.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • November 25, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • November 26, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • December 13, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
You're a gem for continuing to post even though your case is finished. I appreciate it.

Yeah, I looked at the past 50 or so pages of this chate for the time between PRE and DM and it seems many were just under 2 weeks and some were a month/2 months. I'm hoping for the best but trying to keep my excitement bridled yah know?

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
You're a gem for continuing to post even though your case is finished. I appreciate it.

Yeah, I looked at the past 50 or so pages of this chate for the time between PRE and DM and it seems many were just under 2 weeks and some were a month/2 months. I'm hoping for the best but trying to keep my excitement bridled yah know?
You betcha. I am grateful for our Christmas gifts. if you are currently in Canada you might find calling IRCC some time could be helpful even though they say once in VO outside of Canada they can not help much. The dedicated line is option 2-1-1-0 for an agent from 7 am to 4 pm local time. the best is to request call back instead of waiting on the phone line.

if you still could not hear back from IRCC after new year. I suggest you to contact your local MP office ask them to request a case inquiry. you just need to call them to make an appointment and there will be some one with the inquiry experience to fill out a consent form to query your case from the local VO and IRCC.

if Feb still no update you might consider ordering GCMS notes under the privacy act (ATIP) . here is the link. you need to order it under personal and pay the $5 fee to get quicker response. the estimate for GCMS notes is currently 35-60 days depends on their workload. please note, GCMS and IRCC are different division. inquiry GCMS notes will not slow down the application process at all.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

you can also order from getgcms.com, once you have the note you can DM legalfalcon on Canada Visa to get some help from with the note to determine if anything alarming for Security Screening.

here is the link for your reference in case you are wondering some overall trend for HK and VO outside of Canada and US.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=410172512

for PPR tracking
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

for PR card tracking
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-pr-card-tracker

also you could write a letter to Santa to see if he can help with your wishes to get PR for your wife faster.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/11/17/canada_post_gearing_&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases

Santa's address is
Santa Claus
North Pole
H0H 0H0
Canada

Merry Christmas! Ho ho ho....

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi all,

I found out the background in GCKey account changed from 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. ' to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'

I'm so confused about that. Because other applicants who shared their process in the forum were changed from 'Your application is in progress.' to 'We are processing your background check.'

Anyone has similar experiences. What do you think?

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi all,

I found out the background in GCKey account changed from 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. ' to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'

I'm so confused about that. Because other applicants who shared their process in the forum were changed from 'Your application is in progress.' to 'We are processing your background check.'

Anyone has similar experiences. What do you think?
From my experience those things are hit and miss. No clear indication of what is going on.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
From my experience those things are hit and miss. No clear indication of what is going on.
I'm worried about that may be an indicator that my background check will take a year. I saw other applicants started processing background check after pre-arrival letter received.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I'm worried about that may be an indicator that my background check will take a year. I saw other applicants started processing background check after pre-arrival letter received.
Hey, I'm in the boat on GCKey. Where did you learn that the BCG will take a year if this indicator is present?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Hey, I'm in the boat on GCKey. Where did you learn that the BCG will take a year if this indicator is present?
No need to worry. Our application had the exact same verbiage, when it first transferred to HKVO, yet our application was approved within 6 month.

The verbiage did not indicate SS. The only way to confirm SS is to order GCMS notes. I would suggest you to order GCMS notes at the end of Jan if the BGC status has not been changed at all.

It might take them longer to complete BGC as Chinese new year is approaching. All China govt agencies might take off work earlier for the "new year transportation/travel rush".
https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/special-report/chinese-new-year/transportation.htm

be patient, you are still within 6-7 month from AR date, right?

Last edited:

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
No need to worry. Our application had the exact same verbiage, when it first transferred to HKVO, yet our application was approved within 6 month.

The verbiage did not indicate SS. The only way to confirm SS is to order GCMS notes. I would suggest you to order GCMS notes at the end of Jan if the BGC status has not been changed at all.

It might take them longer to complete BGC as Chinese new year is approaching. All China govt agencies might take off work earlier for the "new year transportation/travel rush".
https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/special-report/chinese-new-year/transportation.htm

be patient, you are still within 6-7 month from AR date, right?
Wow, that was a quick process. Are you already in Canada? Which province was your destination?

I'm very much at the beginning stage of our spousal sponsorship application. Specifically, my application was received on Dec 10, 2019, and we received AOR on Dec 25, 2019. Since we are moving to Quebec, I wouldn't be surprised if a long wait turns out to be the case.