tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Here's our timeline

AOC1 July 2, 2019
Sponsorship Approved August 28, 2019
Finger print request August 28, 2019
Medical request August 29, 2019
Documents forwarded to HK September 4, 2019
We started processing your application on September 9, 2019.
You passed the medical exam. September 7, 2019
Background check started Sept 13, 2019
AOC2 September 19, 2019
Bulletin 1 October 31, 2019

For the AOC2 we didn't submit any of the "If not yet submitted" documents, because we already submitted them. We did resubmit
Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)
Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

For the settlement plan, I've actually already moved back to Canada since October 24th and my wife is here also on a visitor visa. Should I update the address in ecas to my Canadian address, or would it be risky? Technically she is here under dual intent.
our timeline is similar we are June 12th AOR1 and October 3rd AOR2 to HKVO.

I resubmitted everything from my application package and updated some forms and included another LOE. and I got PRE-Arrival 1 month after they received the re-submitted application package. this was to ensure the file transmission missed anything from original application. it was quite some money to ship it to hongkong but worth the money spent.

We received PRE last Tuesday and yesterday DM in ecas.

Submit the settlement plan anyway. you can mention that you have already moved back. Anytime PA move will have to update IRCC. since you are in Canada, the fastest way to update address is to call IRCC directly and make sure PA is on the phone line with you to consent. Make sure they have PA's traveler record details, because IRCC normally dont have that until request that information from CBSA.

My wife also here on TRV and have been travelling back and forth between here an US. dual intent is allowed. I always kept her accompany when cross border, the CBSA officer saw my PR card they will go easy on her, and I can respond any questions on her behalf.

Best of luck. you probably wont have any update until after Christmas after you re-submit requested documents. they always wait the entire 30 days to pickup file with re-submitted docs.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi.

I just received Bulletin 1 and am wondering what significance it has. I know it likely doesn't confirm approved PR but is it a really good sign and maybe show that there has been no problems with our file to date?

Appreciate any thoughts

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hi buddy, My case is similar as yours, I am curious about how long time did it take for the VO to issue VISA and return your passport? and when you get PPR, how long can you wait to send the passport? I expect my PPR would be soon but next month I might be traveling between China and Canada so it's hard to plan my travel.

2019 April 26 received
2019 June AOR1
2019 July 23th Medical request
2019 July 30th transfer to Hong kong
2019 Aug 5nd medical pass
2019 Sep. 25th Pre arrival
2019 Oct. 31th B1 AND B2
2019 Nov. 6th PPR

Applicant is minor, so there is no Bio and background check.

The process is pretty smooth. But compare to those people who got transferred to Mississauga visa office. It is a super long process.

I dont understand why almost every single one of Chinese applicant got their case transferred to Hong kong visa office and take super long time to process. And almost half Indian application can stay in Canada and got super fast process time. (base on 2019 tracker in the forum). I dont know what's going inside the department.

Good luck to everyone.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Hi buddy, My case is similar as yours, I am curious about how long time did it take for the VO to issue VISA and return your passport? and when you get PPR, how long can you wait to send the passport? I expect my PPR would be soon but next month I might be traveling between China and Canada so it's hard to plan my travel.
If you send Passport to HKVO then it varies. the processing time for counterfoil and COPR in Ottawa is 2-3 weeks depends on their production cycle. you can simply track it in Gckey and also the return envelope tracking number.

You have 30 days to complete this step but extension could be granted if you already planned your travel. You need to send an email to the designated email address from the PPR letter. but most likely they will request you to communicate to this email address. ircc-agent.agent-ircc@cic.gc.ca. there are many aliases forwarding to the same mailbox.

Why not wait until getting passport back? then you can use your trip to do the soft landing in Canada.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Have you re-submitted everything on the AOR2 request list?

We did that within 30 days of AOR2, our AOR2 was dated October 3rd but received on October 4th. Even though our documents are completed from original. We resubmitted everything again just in case they could not find it in our application package, (you know sometimes they lost 1 or 2 pages of the application or forgot to scan them when pages are stuck together went through the scanner). and the mailed packages were received by HKVO October 25th.

After that, we did not get any update until Nov 26th Pre-Arrival Letter from gckey. and DM today in eCAS.

if everything goes well with your application, you might get PRE before Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Ho...
Congratulations for your good news! It's also a good news for all of us who still waiting for the further steps.

And thank you very much for your kindly remind. I have resubmitted them all the documents according to that email's document request list. They received my package on Nov 4 as FedEx's tracking record.

I just checked my email five minutes ago, there is an email from Hong Kong visa office, which subject is 'Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application'. But there is nothing changed in ECAS and GCkey account, or pre-arrival letter neither.

Hopefully the pre-arrival letter will come soon.

chengtony710

Nov 19, 2019
Congratulations for your good news! It's also a good news for all of us who still waiting for the further steps.

And thank you very much for your kindly remind. I have resubmitted them all the documents according to that email's document request list. They received my package on Nov 4 as FedEx's tracking record.

I just checked my email five minutes ago, there is an email from Hong Kong visa office, which subject is 'Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application'. But there is nothing changed in ECAS and GCkey account, or pre-arrival letter neither.

I received the "Bulletin 1" in September, unfortunately I received the intention request from Hong Kong VO last week and they asked me to supporting evidence including Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department's acknowledgment , acknowledgement of application to collect accrued MPF benefits due to permanent department from Hong Kong, Canadian employers acknowledgment of job application submitted, Hong Kong employer's acknowledgement of resignation, and etc within 30 days...And today I also received the "Bulletin 2" today.

I think I have to re- apply the inland spouse sponsorship when i bank to Canada in 2020 Jun

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I received the "Bulletin 1" in September, unfortunately I received the intention request from Hong Kong VO last week and they asked me to supporting evidence including Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department's acknowledgment , acknowledgement of application to collect accrued MPF benefits due to permanent department from Hong Kong, Canadian employers acknowledgment of job application submitted, Hong Kong employer's acknowledgement of resignation, and etc within 30 days...And today I also received the "Bulletin 2" today.

I think I have to re- apply the inland spouse sponsorship when i bank to Canada in 2020 Jun
you don't have to. All you need to do is to show your intention to go back to Canada with your spouse when your spouse's permanent resident visa is approved.

chengtony710

Nov 19, 2019
you don't have to. All you need to do is to show your intention to go back to Canada with your spouse when your spouse's permanent resident visa is approved.
It difficult for me to resign my current job, because my plan is back to Canada next year Jun .But I already apply to withdraw my MPF due the permanent department Hong Kong and I submitted the Canada's Jobs application to see HKVO will trust my intention for back to Canada. If they not , I will apply inland sponsorship

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Good morning,

PPR today!

Our time line.

6-9 File Sent
6-12 AR
7-31 AOR1
7-30 ECAS
8-23 MR, BR
8-26 SA
9-6 MP
9-10 Transfer to Mississauga
9-13 Bio Metric Done and approved
9-23 Transfer to HKVO and background check in progress
10-4 AOR2 HKVO
11-26 PRE
12-02 DM
12-04 B1 & B2
12-04 PPR

May good news soon come to everyone.
Thanks for everyone's blessing.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018

It difficult for me to resign my current job, because my plan is back to Canada next year Jun .But I already apply to withdraw my MPF due the permanent department Hong Kong and I submitted the Canada's Jobs application to see HKVO will trust my intention for back to Canada. If they not , I will apply inland sponsorship

Dont withdraw, first submit a webform request to ask for extension if you think it will take more than 30 days to figure out all of this. Apply inside Canada will be another lengthy process, minimum 10-11 month.

Are you the Sponsor or the PA?

if you are the Sponsor:

if you are a citizen, I dont know why they are making this a big of deal. If you are a PR working on a Canada Government job, this should not be an issue as well.

if you are a PR working on a none Canadian federal/regional government/business/organization related jobs in HK, then this is alarming. you will have to submit all documents requested as PR has to reside in Canada for sponsorship eligibility.

if you are the PA:

you need to submit the settlement plan ASAP.

reference:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=370&top=5

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018

Thank you!!! we are so excited.

I think the fact you received Bulletin 1 email that means they have received your re-submitted documents and actively working on your application. The first step is PA eligibility. Which only demonstrate the genuine relationship. Once that is complete you shall skip the interview and receive the PRE-arrival letter from your gckey account. that is another milestone and indicating BGC and Criminality check started.

Best of luck.

Reactions: jerry22880

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Congratulations! In how long time are you supposed to send passport to VO per your PPR email?

If you send Passport to HKVO then it varies. the processing time for counterfoil and COPR in Ottawa is 2-3 weeks depends on their production cycle. you can simply track it in Gckey and also the return envelope tracking number.

You have 30 days to complete this step but extension could be granted if you already planned your travel. You need to send an email to the designated email address from the PPR letter. but most likely they will request you to communicate to this email address. ircc-agent.agent-ircc@cic.gc.ca. there are many aliases forwarding to the same mailbox.

Why not wait until getting passport back? then you can use your trip to do the soft landing in Canada.
Thank you so much for the information! My flight leaving Canada was booked half a year ago, so I think only thing I can do is to come back to Canada as early as possible /crying
Good morning,

PPR today!

Our time line.

6-9 File Sent
6-12 AR
7-31 AOR1
7-30 ECAS
8-23 MR, BR
8-26 SA
9-6 MP
9-10 Transfer to Mississauga
9-13 Bio Metric Done and approved
9-23 Transfer to HKVO and background check in progress
10-4 AOR2 HKVO
11-26 PRE
12-02 DM
12-04 B1 & B2
12-04 PPR

May good news soon come to everyone.
Thanks for everyone's blessing.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Congratulations! In how long time are you supposed to send passport to VO per your PPR email?

Thank you so much for the information! My flight leaving Canada was booked half a year ago, so I think only thing I can do is to come back to Canada as early as possible /crying
30 days in general they would give you, but you could always ask for extension due to your circumstances.
for local VO you should call them to find out their processing time for counterfoil. but would suggest to drop off and pick up in person, if dealing with local VO.

Ottawa only option is XpressPost mailing and return.

chengtony710

Nov 19, 2019
Dont withdraw, first submit a webform request to ask for extension if you think it will take more than 30 days to figure out all of this. Apply inside Canada will be another lengthy process, minimum 10-11 month.

Are you the Sponsor or the PA?

if you are the Sponsor:

if you are a citizen, I dont know why they are making this a big of deal. If you are a PR working on a Canada Government job, this should not be an issue as well.

if you are a PR working on a none Canadian federal/regional government/business/organization related jobs in HK, then this is alarming. you will have to submit all documents requested as PR has to reside in Canada for sponsorship eligibility.

if you are the PA:

you need to submit the settlement plan ASAP.

reference:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=370&top=5

Thanks for your help! I try to submit a request to ask for extension if possible. actually i am a citizen and sponsor to my wife. I already submit the settlement plan which include some documents for intention to stay in Canada and the application forms together to the Sydney office.

Reactions: tuitui509