+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

nicolajoshscott

Apr 26, 2019
Expecting unexpected is the golden rule here. If the case is simple enough, normally it will be processed in Mississauga VO without being transferred to HKVO. Once it is in HKVO, it normally means there is going to be some sort of security check. I hope it won't be security screen in your case.
Still no news for you?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Since no issues in the past and PR went through previously then you might get lucky.
Expect the unexpected and ' wash rinse repeat ' on delicate.
Thank you and hopefully we are lucky enough to get PPR soon. Just received DM in ECAS this morning and trying to get confirmation from Lawyer. Called IRCC, they could not see any changes and only saw that HKVO has sent file back to Mississauga, but agent could not see the details yet until an officer open the file from Mississauga office. I guess it will be another week or so. but from the the fact it was sent back to Mississauga it signals positive.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I contacted the local MP last Friday, and did not anticipate the change this quickly. only received Pre-arrival service letter last Tuesday.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you and hopefully we are lucky enough to get PPR soon. Just received DM in ECAS this morning and trying to get confirmation from Lawyer. Called IRCC, they could not see any changes and only saw that HKVO has sent file back to Mississauga, but agent could not see the details yet until an officer open the file from Mississauga office. I guess it will be another week or so. but from the the fact it was sent back to Mississauga it signals positive.
Lucky.....Most likely nothing HKVO could look into. DM and send file back to Mississuaga.
Is your spouse with you in Canada ? Inland/outland application?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Lucky.....Most likely nothing HKVO could look into. DM and send file back to Mississuaga.
Thank you for your blessing.

PA is in Canada since May, but we submitted outside Canada application because she need to travel between US and Canada freely for work/personal commitments.

From my understanding only outside Canada applications would be sent back to Local VO for further processing. For inside Canada applications, Bio is waived and OWP is granted and OHIP can get ahead of time and BGC will be conducted inside Canada if no extensive travel history. also PA can get SIN much earlier.

We were debating to submit either inside or outside, she might be able to get OHIP faster with inside Canada application and that would be the only benefit for us.

Last edited:

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Could the local MP helped? I doubted. I called them last Thursday and stopped by their office to fill out a consent form with an immigration consultant in their office.

I was not expecting it so quickly to turn around.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I have no news from Hong Kong visa office since an email said transferred to Hong Kong on Oct 24 (forwarded email on Oct 9, started processing in ECAS line 2 on Oct 15)

As I know some Hong Kong people don't like people from mainland of China and lots of aggressive protesting activities are still going on. Will they bring any issues to the application?

Don't know when I will receive the pre-arrival letter. Sad
Have you re-submitted everything on the AOR2 request list?

We did that within 30 days of AOR2, our AOR2 was dated October 3rd but received on October 4th. Even though our documents are completed from original. We resubmitted everything again just in case they could not find it in our application package, (you know sometimes they lost 1 or 2 pages of the application or forgot to scan them when pages are stuck together went through the scanner). and the mailed packages were received by HKVO October 25th.

After that, we did not get any update until Nov 26th Pre-Arrival Letter from gckey. and DM today in eCAS.

if everything goes well with your application, you might get PRE before Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Ho...

Reactions: jerry22880

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Could the local MP helped? I doubted. I called them last Thursday and stopped by their office to fill out a consent form with an immigration consultant in their office.

I was not expecting it so quickly to turn around.
Your application is unique.
Who knows......Maybe the call and visit to the MP's office helped ?
Like I said before " Lucky " .

I know first hand it's difficult not being together throughout the process and for many it's a struggle.
Be thankful if you receive an early Christmas present.

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Your application is unique.
Who knows......Maybe the call and visit to the MP's office helped ?
Like I said before " Lucky " .

I know first hand it's difficult not being together throughout the process and for many it's a struggle.
Be thankful if you receive an early Christmas present.
First time being the lucky ones. Of course we are grateful. trying to get documents ready for the COPR and flag pole.
May Santa bring many good news here.

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Got a message in ecas today asking for additional documents. I already submitted these with my sponsorship package, is it normal for them to ask for them again?

Here's the message:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, the following information and documents are required:

1xxxxxx - W: >Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) Notarized photocopy of original PRC marriage certificate (with English translation). Note Statement of Marriage is not acceptable. This must be received at this office by:

2xxxxx - J: >Client Information: Receipt of information from client Evidence of the sponsor’s intention to return Credible evidence of your and your spouse’s plans to establish yourself and your family in Canada (e.g. house-hunting trips to Canada, job offers in Canada for each of you and your sponsor, plans to facilitate the establishment of your children {if applicable}, other settlement arrangements, etc.); Credible evidence that you and your spouse have severed, or have begun to severe, your ties to PRC (e.g. letter of resignation from current employer, sale or real estate sale listing of your property in PRC OR termination of lease, evidence of transition of financial interests and assets to Canada, sales or confirmed shipment of furniture, transition of financial interests to Canada, disposal of other assets, etc.); Note that the measures listed above are not exhaustive, and that you may show other forms of evidence that you AND your spouse have both made significant efforts and arrangements to settle yourselves in Canada, for the purpose of establishing and living there permanently. This must be received at this office by

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Got a message in ecas today asking for additional documents. I already submitted these with my sponsorship package, is it normal for them to ask for them again?

Here's the message:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, the following information and documents are required:

1xxxxxx - W: >Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) Notarized photocopy of original PRC marriage certificate (with English translation). Note Statement of Marriage is not acceptable. This must be received at this office by:

2xxxxx - J: >Client Information: Receipt of information from client Evidence of the sponsor’s intention to return Credible evidence of your and your spouse’s plans to establish yourself and your family in Canada (e.g. house-hunting trips to Canada, job offers in Canada for each of you and your sponsor, plans to facilitate the establishment of your children {if applicable}, other settlement arrangements, etc.); Credible evidence that you and your spouse have severed, or have begun to severe, your ties to PRC (e.g. letter of resignation from current employer, sale or real estate sale listing of your property in PRC OR termination of lease, evidence of transition of financial interests and assets to Canada, sales or confirmed shipment of furniture, transition of financial interests to Canada, disposal of other assets, etc.); Note that the measures listed above are not exhaustive, and that you may show other forms of evidence that you AND your spouse have both made significant efforts and arrangements to settle yourselves in Canada, for the purpose of establishing and living there permanently. This must be received at this office by
what is your timeline? did you resubmit all documents responding to your AOR2?
it is possible they have lost some of the pages during file transmission and scanning.
nothing to worry just follow the instruction and provide them the documents asked for, although there will be slight delay.

the 2nd one looks like they are asking for settlement planning. this is normal
the 1st one they probably need a marriage certificate that is notarized by PRC notary, if you get married outside of China you need to obtain a notary from local Chinese embassy.

Last edited:

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
what is your timeline? did you resubmit all documents responding to your AOR2?
it is possible they have lost some of the pages during file transmission and scanning.
nothing to worry just follow the instruction and provide them the documents asked for, although there will be slight delay.

the 2nd one looks like they are asking for settlement planning. this is normal
the 1st one they probably need a marriage certificate that is notarized by PRC notary, if you get married outside of China you need to obtain a notary from local Chinese embassy.

Thanks for the reply. Here's our timeline

AOC1 July 2, 2019
Sponsorship Approved August 28, 2019
Finger print request August 28, 2019
Medical request August 29, 2019
Documents forwarded to HK September 4, 2019
We started processing your application on September 9, 2019.
You passed the medical exam. September 7, 2019
Background check started Sept 13, 2019
AOC2 September 19, 2019
Bulletin 1 October 31, 2019

For the AOC2 we didn't submit any of the "If not yet submitted" documents, because we already submitted them. We did resubmit
Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)
Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

For the settlement plan, I've actually already moved back to Canada since October 24th and my wife is here also on a visitor visa. Should I update the address in ecas to my Canadian address, or would it be risky? Technically she is here under dual intent.