9-23 Transfer to HKVO and background check in progress
10-4 AOR2 HKVO
11-26 PRE
12-02 DM
12-04 B1 & B2
12-04 PPR

May good news soon come to everyone.
Thanks for everyone's blessing.
Congratulations......You were not on Santa's naughty list !
Just curious, where are they requesting you send the passport ?

Reactions: tuitui509

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Good morning,

PPR today!

Our time line.

6-9 File Sent
6-12 AR
7-31 AOR1
7-30 ECAS
8-23 MR, BR
8-26 SA
9-6 MP
9-10 Transfer to Mississauga
9-13 Bio Metric Done and approved
9-23 Transfer to HKVO and background check in progress
10-4 AOR2 HKVO
11-26 PRE
12-02 DM
12-04 B1 & B2
12-04 PPR

May good news soon come to everyone.
Thanks for everyone's blessing.
Congratulations on the good news, i am waiting our decision from HKVO as well. File transferred on 27.11.19 just waiting for AOR2. Hope it will follow smooth process like yours in HKVO

Angel1111

Jan 8, 2019
We got the Passport Request today, however my husband works in US now so where he resides is not in the list of the VO in the PPR email(Beijing,HK,Taipei etc). Which VO should we mail his passport to for getting the visa? So confused with the holiday planning, without a passport, he has to stay in US for the time period while processing. wonder how long it will take for the visa to be processed. Any idea?
Thanks!

Reactions: Alexis04855

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Congratulations......You were not on Santa's naughty list !
Just curious, where are they requesting you send the passport ?
The email is generic.

in the PPR letter, they specified several locations to send passport: Beijing for China residents, Hongkong for Hongkong and Macao residents, Taipei for Taiwan residents and Ulaanbaatar for Mongolia.

For visa exempt countries citizens, send passport copy to HK office for COPR, no counterfoil needed.

verbiage for submitting to Ottawa,
"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are
currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your package to the Case
Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following
address with the additional following document:
A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or
Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
"

We have already mailed our documents package to Ottawa,

the address is below
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

BTW, 2 new most recent PR photos are required. I would recommend anyone get DM to get the photos first.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
We got the Passport Request today, however my husband works in US now so where he resides is not in the list of the VO in the PPR email(Beijing,HK,Taipei etc). Which VO should we mail his passport to for getting the visa? So confused with the holiday planning, without a passport, he has to stay in US for the time period while processing. wonder how long it will take for the visa to be processed. Any idea?
Thanks!
You need to contact them ASAP via webform or call IRCC. but I would guess they will request you send it to Local VO, if the PA is in US they probably will ask to send to NY or LA VFS location for counterfoil and COPR.

BTW, IRCC call center wont take call today. I have tried few times today no success.

Edit: IRCC Voice mail just changed, no one will be able to get on a call with the call center agent today. they recommend to try tomorrow and submit webform for inquiries.

Last edited:

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Congratulations on the good news, i am waiting our decision from HKVO as well. File transferred on 27.11.19 just waiting for AOR2. Hope it will follow smooth process like yours in HKVO
AOR2 will take about 2-3 weeks from file transfer, in general is 14 Calendar Days. I noticed they will response faster if transfer from Mississauga. Transferring from Sydney directly will be a slower pace.

I am sure you will get DM before Valentine's day. Every year they process a lot of spousal applications around that time period.

Reactions: Mglhunter

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks!
I would recommend he make a trip to Canada and submit it in Canad other than waiting for HKVO 's Webform response, which might take at least 1 week.

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Thank you so much and Good luck!
30 days in general they would give you, but you could always ask for extension due to your circumstances.
for local VO you should call them to find out their processing time for counterfoil. but would suggest to drop off and pick up in person, if dealing with local VO.

Ottawa only option is XpressPost mailing and return.

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
We received a notice that our application has been forwarded to VO in Mississauga. SA + biometrics and medical exam completed. Is this the period where there is a long wait before we hear any updates? What steps should I be expecting will follow after our application has been forwarded to a VO?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
We received a notice that our application has been forwarded to VO in Mississauga. SA + biometrics and medical exam completed. Is this the period where there is a long wait before we hear any updates? What steps should I be expecting will follow after our application has been forwarded to a VO?
Forward from Sydney or HK?

Now it is the time they will determine whether your application stay in Mississauga or be sending to HK for BGC. 99% of us got application send to HK. if you are lucky enough to get stay in Mississauga, PA should receive DM within a month or 2.

Normally within 1 week of ECAS status change to "2. We started processing your application on XXXX."

When our application receive this ECAS change 2 days later our application transferred to HK, there is no indicator on ECAS or GCkey, We found out by calling IRCC, the agent informed us the primary office changed from Mississauga to hongkong and Mississauga become secondary.

then after that 2 weeks, we received AOR2 email from HKVO.

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
What do you guys think of applications sent to HKVO, is it due to complex nature of the application or some countries must be processed there regardless of application nature. I was kinda hoping mine stays in Mississuaga thinking it is straight forward application. But they still sent to HK. BTW i am from Mongolia.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
What do you guys think of applications sent to HKVO, is it due to complex nature of the application or some countries must be processed there regardless of application nature. I was kinda hoping mine stays in Mississuaga thinking it is straight forward application. But they still sent to HK. BTW i am from Mongolia.
Not necessarily complex, but it means it will take more time due to BGC that cannot be conducted in MVO.

Reactions: Mglhunter