+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
We contacted the HK office through webform. Though they never acknowledged or reply, so not sure if
they received or even looked at the information. Just silence.

I'm familial with our local MP here and know that contacting them regarding spousal sponsorship before one year is a waste of time.
They can't make things go any faster.
My local MP office just called me that said my application has been in security check it will take a while.
So sad.
what is your timeline and when did you contact your local MP?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
How did you find out you/your spouse under security check? did you get CBSA notes?
Was there any history of visa rejection/denial in the past?
sensitive line of work?
It is stated in GCMS notes. And also in your GCKey account, when BGC starts, it will be updated.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
for spouse in China, I am PR living in Canada
It is stated in GCMS notes. And also in your GCKey account, when BGC starts, it will be updated.
How did you find out in GCkey Account that the file is under security check?

about when did you find out under security check? thought GCMS notes will be noted s15/16 if under security check. and some information will be masked or redacted. and only way to find out is to order CISC and CBSA notes to find out why some information were redacted

it has always stated in our account since 09-23 "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

now it has been that way for almost 2 month now, nothing changed.

Last edited:

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
My timeline is 2019 5 1 AR 2019 6 17 FN. 2019 7 3 to HK 2019 8 29 Bullentin 1. 2019 10 9 Pre arrive letter

do you know the reason why it was sent for security screening.? did they mention that at all?

all that security screening will be done by 3rd party contract which is out of IRCC and HKVO 's control.
Did you order CBSA notes or GCMS notes to confirm it?

if you are lucky it might get done within 6 month or so.

Alexis04855

Jul 7, 2019
do you know the reason why it was sent for security screening.? did they mention that at all?

all that security screening will be done by 3rd party contract which is out of IRCC and HKVO 's control.

They didn't say the reason,but I am going to order gcms notes today.

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
My timeline is 2019 5 1 AR 2019 6 17 FN. 2019 7 3 to HK 2019 8 29 Bullentin 1. 2019 10 9 Pre arrive letter
Please let us know what you find out.

What is bulletin 1 and Bulletin 2 looks like? could you please help provide some reference or example?

I could not find any sample of B1 and B2 emails online. nor the pre-arrival.

Thank you

chengtony710

Nov 19, 2019
We contacted the HK office through webform. Though they never acknowledged or reply, so not sure if
they received or even looked at the information. Just silence.

I'm familial with our local MP here and know that contacting them regarding spousal sponsorship before one year is a waste of time.
They can't make things go any faster.
Same situation as me!! I received the Bulletin 1 in Aug 28 and requested update the IMM5669 Schedule A in early September. They never acknowledged or reply for the GC Key since I updated the Schedule A until now! I also send the message to Hong Kong VO though webform and they just keep silence at all!! I have no idea what's going on!! Kind of worry!

Last edited:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Yes the BGC/security check is completed by a third party vendor. They are thorough and will take extra time to complete.
It can be due to previous travel history, employed history in government positions, military or financial company's.
Due to past history they are diligently working on keeping our communities safe.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Yes the BGC/security check is completed by a third party vendor. They are thorough and will take extra time to complete.
It can be due to previous travel history, employed history in government positions, military or financial company's.
Due to past history they are diligently working on keeping our communities safe.
Thank you for confirming.

My question is how does one find out if the application went under security check?? is there a way to confirm that?

My spouse had past B2 visa refusal to USA but that was due to strong immigrant intent and less tie to home country. but that was 7 years ago. would that trigger any security screening? is it a hit or miss?

Thanks

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
How did you find out in GCkey Account that the file is under security check?

about when did you find out under security check? thought GCMS notes will be noted s15/16 if under security check. and some information will be masked or redacted. and only way to find out is to order CISC and CBSA notes to find out why some information were redacted

it has always stated in our account since 09-23 "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

now it has been that way for almost 2 month now, nothing changed.
You cannot find it out from GCKey account except they will mention BGC started. It started at early stage for some people and late for some other. In my case, it started in June.

From GCMS notes, you can see "security" section with number 1 and result is empty (there is also "criminality" section with number 1 and result "passed") so that you know security screen is on going. There is s15/16 but that is the regulation that IRCC uses to exempt from publishing the sensitive information.

If the application is going through security screen, you would need to expect 9-19 months for this process only plus any time that IRCC needs to review the case. But not every case is going through security screen which takes the longest time.

Last edited:

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
You cannot find it out from GCKey account exception they will mention BGC started. It started at early stage for some people and late for some other. In my case, it started in June.

From GCMS notes, you can see "security" section with number 1 and result is empty (there is also "criminality" section with number 1 and result "passed") so that you know security screen is on going. There is s15/16 but that is the regulation that IRCC uses to exempt from publishing the sensitive information.

If the application is going through security screen, you would need to expect 9-19 months for this process only plus any time that IRCC needs to review the case. But not every case is going through security screen which takes the longest time.
Thank you and this is very helpful.
so with information redacted does not always mean security screening in GCMS, right? it is the page head note S15/S16 confirm security screening?

Also, Can you confirm if the AOR2 letter from HKVO is the combination of Bulletin 1 and Pre- Arrival?

the wording is below:

"Dear XXX,

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you and this is very helpful.
so with information redacted does not always mean security screening in GCMS, right? it is the page head note S15/S16 confirm security screening?

Also, Can you confirm if the AOR2 letter from HKVO is the combination of Bulletin 1 and Pre- Arrival?

the wording is below:

"Dear XXX,

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."
I would think if "security" section in GCMS notes has count 1, that means security screen is conducted. If it is 0, then it is not conducted. Another "interesting" (and scary) thing is the assignment date (for IRCC officers to react to the case if nothing happens before that date) is set to Jun 2020 (which is exactly 1 year after security screen starts), this indicates the screen process is normally really LONGGG.

I would not worry too much about AOR2 or Bulletin 1/2, they don't really mean anything, just routines. Pre-Arrival letter means the relationship check is complete and passed.