+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I finally got GCMS notes today and need to spend some time deciphering this thing. But from a glance, it is seems criminality check is complete and security check is on going...
I think you already guessed that part correctly. Don't read too much into the notes....Just give you headache !
As you know the security check will take some time but i'm sure you will hear something from them as it approaches 12 months.
Not much you can do, so have some Baijiu and wait it out.

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
I’m really worried about the processing time for this office considering the protests. Reading other people’s timelines does make me feel better but does anyone know for sure (like heard from them) whether or not it’s effecting their productivity?

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Email from HK, maybe this is AOR2??? (I saw here somewhere that “Bulletin 1” means AOR2?) and also "It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful."

any idea what could come next? The online tool says "Medical results received" but nothing about approval/passing

aldamy

Jul 10, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
I’m really worried about the processing time for this office considering the protests. Reading other people’s timelines does make me feel better but does anyone know for sure (like heard from them) whether or not it’s effecting their productivity?

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
Oct 31 Email from HK, maybe this is AOR2??? (I saw here somewhere that “Bulletin 1” means AOR2?) and also "It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful."

any idea what could come next? The online tool says "Medical results received" but nothing about approval/passing

I think the approval of medical result should be done within a week after it received your report.

Someone may have different interpretation on AOR2, but I think it is an "Acknowledgement of Receipt" which was sent by your vo once it received the documents.

For mine,
AUG 27, my application left Sidney
SEP 12, HKVO sent an email mentioned the application was received, asked for updated Schedule A and police certificate. (AOR2)
OCT 31, Bulletin 1 email was received.
NOV 05, HKVO asked for updated Schedule A again and Client Information (someone call this as Proof of Intention) by GCkey internal message.

next, we shall wait for the followings
- completion of background check
- Pre-arrival service invitation
- Bulletin 2
- someone may be asked for an interview
- Decision Made
- someone may be asked for passport (if your passport is not visa waived)
- COPR

Reactions: jerry22880

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14

There has been no information regarding productivity issues at the HK office but I am sure they are very careful
in light of the recent escalations. It shouldn't affect them unless there are concerns for the agents/staff getting to work.
Other timelines show some applicants are moving forward so I wouldn't be too worried unless your application is
complicated or get called in for an interview. Keep an eye out for messages and don't forget to check your junk folder.
If completed before 12 months then consider yourself fortunate.
Buy some snow shoes :eek:

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14

Bulletin 1 usually comes after AOR2. so in your case, the "Started processing on Aug 19" can be considered as AOR2... lol If your case is not very complicated, you should be able to hear back from the VO in 2-4 months... My wife's app was rec'd on March 28th, and she got her COPR and visa at the end of October. I would say as of now, there is no indication of delay due to the ongoing protests. But please do keep an eye on that.

Reactions: jerry22880

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
There has been no information regarding productivity issues at the HK office but I am sure they are very careful
in light of the recent escalations. It shouldn't affect them unless there are concerns for the agents/staff getting to work.
Other timelines show some applicants are moving forward so I wouldn't be too worried unless your application is
complicated or get called in for an interview. Keep an eye out for messages and don't forget to check your junk folder.
If completed before 12 months then consider yourself fortunate.
Buy some snow shoes :eek:
Dang... starting from Monday, everything just went downhill here in Toronto... they said it's gonna hit -20 tonight (Thursday, 14 Nov)... I have to go buy my wife some more equipment before she arrives early next month....

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I am from HK, but my processing time is also long. We share the same timeline and hear nothing so far. 2 weeks left before i hit my 1-year
From GCMS notes, the last update was done on June 4 when criminality check passed and security screen started. It is very unlikely our cases would be complete within a year.

Reactions: peggyc

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I think you already guessed that part correctly. Don't read too much into the notes....Just give you headache !
As you know the security check will take some time but i'm sure you will hear something from them as it approaches 12 months.
Not much you can do, so have some Baijiu and wait it out.
Yes, it is going through security screen, which could take 9-18 months, my worse nightmare!:mad: But it is very entertaining to see the notes from IRCC officers how they determined the relationship is genuine. a lot of information, comments, reviews etc. Obviously, many people are involved for a single case.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Dang... starting from Monday, everything just went downhill here in Toronto... they said it's gonna hit -20 tonight (Thursday, 14 Nov)... I have to go buy my wife some more equipment before she arrives early next month....
Hahaha.......Wow that's chilly....Sounds like you need to buy some real " heavy equipment " ?
Like thick blankets, warm pyjamas, and candles !! :D

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Yes, it is going through security screen, which could take 9-18 months, my worse nightmare!:mad: But it is very entertaining to see the notes from IRCC officers how they determined the relationship is genuine. a lot of information, comments, reviews etc. Obviously, many people are involved for a single case.
Yes entertaining, I concluded the same from our notes as well. There are many hands in the pie and they are not going to let you know everything.
Not sure why you think it will take 9-18 months ? I think they will inform you whats happening around 12 months.
Maybe good news so stay positive......I only have nightmare's when I think about my ex-wife :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: peggyc