+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
From GCMS notes, the last update was done on June 4 when criminality check passed and security screen started. It is very unlikely our cases would be complete within a year.
Pray Pray Pray .... DM please before this month end!!!

Last edited:

nicolajoshscott

Apr 26, 2019
Congratulations! Will you mind to share your timeline with us?

Thank you
Of course!

Application arrived in NS Case Processing Center: 23 April 2019
AOR 1: 6 June 2019
Biometric request: 6 June 2019
Sponsor approved: 8 June 2019
Medical request: 7 June 2019
Police certificate request: 12 June 2019
Medical done: 15 June 2019
File forwarded: 19 June 2019
Medical pass: 20 June 2019
AOR 2 and document requests (updated forms) from HKVO: 4 July 2019
Bulletin 1: 28 August 2019
Additional documents request (prove of resettlement): 2 September 2019
Additional documents sent: 17 September 2019
Invitation to pre-arrival service: 1 October 2019
Bulletin 2: 31 October 2019
Approved on GCKEY: 8 November 2019
DM on ECAS: 11 November 2019
COPR received in the mail: 12 November 2019

Sydawei

Jan 3, 2018
nope, We have our milling address in Canada and my spouse is in Canada with me on Visitor Visa still we first got transferred to Mississauga then HKVO.

their response was they dont have enough privilege to conduct background check so they send it to HKVO for further processing.

I called IRCC and the call center agent was able to read the their internal notes to me entered by one of the VO in Mississauga office.
And the agent informed me, once the file transferred to HKVO they wont be able to see any updates so it is better I contact them directly via web form.

I call their response about privilege of conducting background check is bullshit. First, in my case, the applicant is minor, no need to do background check. But the case got sent to Hong Kong anyway. Second, if they cannot do background check for almost all applicants from China, how come they can do background for applicants from India? Maybe the department think that Indian applicants are more "creditable" than Chinese applicants. Anyway I really think Chinese applicants did not get fair treatment.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I call their response about privilege of conducting background check is bullshit. First, in my case, the applicant is minor, no need to do background check. But the case got sent to Hong Kong anyway. Second, if they cannot do background check for almost all applicants from China, how come they can do background for applicants from India? Maybe the department think that Indian applicants are more "creditable" than Chinese applicants. Anyway I really think Chinese applicants did not get fair treatment.
I wouldn't get too worked up over anything a call centre agent says!
It is a little strange to forward your application to HK for a minor but probably has something to do with policy. Not " privilege ".
Don't think anyone is more " creditable " though obviously some countries have an easier path for whatever reasons?
Just watch the local Canadian news network and see whats happening here.....Then decide who's getting the " fair treatment ".

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
anyone had success contacting hongkong office immigration service regarding their case? and by what method?
is webform the only way?

anyone has contacted local MP to send an inquiry to Hongkong VO?

Thank you

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
anyone had success contacting hongkong office immigration service regarding their case? and by what method?
is webform the only way?

Thank you
Not yet, I am planning to contact my local MP office in December after one year mark passes. But I am not sure they can provide more information other than security screen is undergoing which is stated in GCMS notes.

Alexis04855

Jul 7, 2019
Not yet, I am planning to contact my local MP office in December after one year mark passes. But I am not sure they can provide more information other than security screen is undergoing which is stated in GCMS notes.
My local MP office just called me that said my application has been in security check it will take a while.
So sad.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
is webform the only way?

Thank you
We contacted the HK office through webform. Though they never acknowledged or reply, so not sure if
they received or even looked at the information. Just silence.

I'm familial with our local MP here and know that contacting them regarding spousal sponsorship before one year is a waste of time.
They can't make things go any faster.

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
What's your timeline?
6-9 File Sent
6-12 Receive
7-31 AOR1
7-30 ECAS
8-23 Medical and Bio Request
8-26 SA
8-27 Medical Done
9-6 MP
9-10 Transfer to Mississauga
9-13 Bio Metric Done and approved
9-23 Transfer to HKVO and background check in progress
10-4 AOR2 HKVO

now, impatient waiting..

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
How did you find out you/your spouse under security check? did you get CBSA notes?
Was there any history of visa rejection/denial in the past?
sensitive line of work?