+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
We contacted the lawyer 2 days ago and she didn’t even check the GCKey for us. Got so disappointed about them.

I am from Macao and so I think I will go through the HK visa Centre. As for my passport, it’s visa-exempted and I may not get the PPR at all. And thus, I expect the COPR will be mailed out directly to my lawyer. Is that true?

I saw some timelines of the HK applicants and found that they had no PPR too.
That doesn't surprise me....Lawyers are expensive and busy.
I assumed you were from the mainland and not sure of the process from Macao though It makes sense to go through
the HK visa office. You will need the COPR to land here and your representative should have all the information for you.
Contact them again after the long weekend and find out what's up.

In the meantime don't stress and have some of those yummy Portuguese tarts!
My favorite :)

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
That doesn't surprise me....Lawyers are expensive and busy.
I assumed you were from the mainland and not sure of the process from Macao though It makes sense to go through
the HK visa office. You will need the COPR to land here and your representative should have all the information for you.
Contact them again after the long weekend and find out what's up.

In the meantime don't stress and have some of those yummy Portuguese tarts!
My favorite :)
Thank you, Western Mountain Man.

Quite busy today to get ready for tonight’s 11.11 shopping in Taobao. :p

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I heard if ur mailing address is in canada then application will send to Mississauga...
nope, We have our milling address in Canada and my spouse is in Canada with me on Visitor Visa still we first got transferred to Mississauga then HKVO.

their response was they dont have enough privilege to conduct background check so they send it to HKVO for further processing.

I called IRCC and the call center agent was able to read the their internal notes to me entered by one of the VO in Mississauga office.
And the agent informed me, once the file transferred to HKVO they wont be able to see any updates so it is better I contact them directly via web form.

nicolajoshscott

Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys! So my husband who's the sponsor, is in Hong Kong with me right now and he has provided our Hong Kong address as his mailing address. Does that mean the consulate will send our COPR to our Hong Kong address to him? Also is the COPR from the IRCC or the local consulate?

nicolajoshscott

Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys! I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me with this.
1. So my husband who's the sponsor, is in Hong Kong with me right now and he has provided our Hong Kong address as his mailing address. Does that mean the consulate will send our COPR to our Hong Kong address to him?
2. I hold a Hong Kong passport, does that mean I won't get a PPR and just get a COPR instead?
3. Also is the COPR from the IRCC or the local consulate?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Did you receive your GCMS note yet?
I've heard application from China require extra background check time.
No, I still did not receive the notes other than an email from ATIP saying they are overwhelming with the notes requests. I am not sure applications from China require extra BGC but it is probably true for some cases.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi,

I was wondering whether any applicant whose application received in June has received passport request.

It seems not too much news from Hong Kong visa office.

aldamy

Jul 10, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Hi guys! I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me with this.
1. So my husband who's the sponsor, is in Hong Kong with me right now and he has provided our Hong Kong address as his mailing address. Does that mean the consulate will send our COPR to our Hong Kong address to him?
2. I hold a Hong Kong passport, does that mean I won't get a PPR and just get a COPR instead?
3. Also is the COPR from the IRCC or the local consulate?

Thanks and good luck everyone!
1. yes
2. yes
3. no idea, I guess it will be come from HKVO

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
No, I still did not receive the notes other than an email from ATIP saying they are overwhelming with the notes requests. I am not sure applications from China require extra BGC but it is probably true for some cases.
I am from HK, but my processing time is also long. We share the same timeline and hear nothing so far. 2 weeks left before i hit my 1-year

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I finally got GCMS notes today and need to spend some time deciphering this thing. But from a glance, it is seems criminality check is complete and security check is on going...