+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you for confirming.

My question is how does one find out if the application went under security check?? is there a way to confirm that?

My spouse had past B2 visa refusal to USA but that was due to strong immigrant intent and less tie to home country. but that was 7 years ago. would that trigger any security screening? is it a hit or miss?

Thanks
I think ryester had good answer regarding security check and I wouldn't worry too much about the B2 visa
refusal from 7 yrs ago.... ( as long as it only happened once ). Immigration intent and ties to your home
country are common for visitor visa refusal's. Any " hit or miss trigger " will depend on your spouse's history and background.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I wish you will have decision made on your application soon. Otherwise, you will be eligible to write them email via webform after 12 days and the officer has to reply to you how the process goes on.
DM is very unlikely to be seen soon. And it is useless to call MP or IRCC if SS is in progress. Nobody can do anything but wait.

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hi guys, I received a document request email asking for a bunch of documents from HKVO, is this the bulletin 1?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Hi guys, I received a document request email asking for a bunch of documents from HKVO, is this the bulletin 1?
if it is worded like below then it is AOR2 from HKVO. You dont necessary have to provide all the documents, just you think where it is lack of information per their email.

"Dear XXX,

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Congrats!!!!!

What is your timeline, would you mind share it with us?

Thanks
Submit into Federal - Apr 1016
Bulletin 1 - Nov 2018
no crime cert request - Dec 2018
Medical Check - Jan 2019
Pre arrival invitation - Apr 2019
Security check completed - Apr 2019

then I found out I forgot to pay my RPRF until Nov 2019. Got COPR 2 days after I pay the fee