+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi guys, I received a document request email asking for a bunch of documents from HKVO, is this the bulletin 1?
I think that's AOR2, which said your application has been transferred to Consulate General in Hong Kong.

I'm not sure what documents the officers have, so I submitted all the documents in Part One - Document Request to Hong Kong office again.

I am waiting for the pre-arrival letter...feel very nervous.

nicolajoshscott

Apr 26, 2019
Thank you and this is very helpful.
so with information redacted does not always mean security screening in GCMS, right? it is the page head note S15/S16 confirm security screening?

Also, Can you confirm if the AOR2 letter from HKVO is the combination of Bulletin 1 and Pre- Arrival?

the wording is below:

"Dear XXX,

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."
You will find Bulletin 1 or Bulletin 2 in the subject line. And pre-arrival will be sent to you through GcKey, entitled "Invitation to pre-arrival services".

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Ryester, have you paid the RFRP? I overlooked my Bulletin 1 and forgot to pay the RPRF and that’s why my process delayed so much. If you haven’t paid, do it now.
I paid everything upfront. It is definitely not the money issue.:D

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Submit into Federal - Apr 1016
Bulletin 1 - Nov 2018
no crime cert request - Dec 2018
Medical Check - Jan 2019
Pre arrival invitation - Apr 2019
Security check completed - Apr 2019

then I found out I forgot to pay my RPRF until Nov 2019. Got COPR 2 days after I pay the fee
You submitted your application in 2016?? and all the delay was due to a fee you did not pay and nobody told you about that???

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I am in Canada and I ordered GCMS notes, and after 2 months I got it. That is how I know the application is stuck in security screen process now.

I was referring to CSIS notes, which you have to fax it in or mail it in to request it, and it will take about 8-10 weeks to complete.

if your security screening in conducted in China it might have minimum footprint on CSIS. but most of times CSIS notes will tell you why you are under SS.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I was referring to CSIS notes, which you have to fax it in or mail it in to request it, and it will take about 8-10 weeks to complete.

if your security screening in conducted in China it might have minimum footprint on CSIS. but most of times CSIS notes will tell you why you are under SS.
I believe CSIS or CBSA notes can be ordered online as well from ATIP, similar to IRCC GCMS notes but with a little bit more information on security check which would not be much useful to determine how long it will take. CBSA is the coordinator in the whole security check process, it will evaluate the applicant independently again after CSIS completes its evaluation and submitts to CBSA. So if you want most thorough report on your application, order notes from CBSA, it will include everything in GCMS plus security check (very minor details)

The following link has a very detailed description on how this is done
http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html#hd4b

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry22880

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
What is your timeline?
Category........:FAM
App. Filed.......:30-07-2019
AOR Received.:09-10-2019
Med's Request:01-11-2019
Med's Done....:05-11-2019
File transfer to HKVO:06-11-2019
AOR. 2..:20-11-2019
Addition documents Sent and RPRF paid.:21-11-2019

Sydawei

Jan 3, 2018
GcKey updated as DM and application approved. But the passport is still in Beijing being processed since Nov. 14.
According GcKey my application got eligibility passed on September 24th. And no need for background and bio check since the applicant is minor.
Anyway the process finally almost over. I am happy and good luck to everyone

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I think the approval of medical result should be done within a week after it received your report.

Someone may have different interpretation on AOR2, but I think it is an "Acknowledgement of Receipt" which was sent by your vo once it received the documents.

For mine,
AUG 27, my application left Sidney
SEP 12, HKVO sent an email mentioned the application was received, asked for updated Schedule A and police certificate. (AOR2)
OCT 31, Bulletin 1 email was received.
NOV 05, HKVO asked for updated Schedule A again and Client Information (someone call this as Proof of Intention) by GCkey internal message.

next, we shall wait for the followings
- completion of background check
- Pre-arrival service invitation
- Bulletin 2
- someone may be asked for an interview
- Decision Made
- someone may be asked for passport (if your passport is not visa waived)
- COPR
Hi, did you receive pre-arrival letter this week?

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Finally, my lawyer received my COPR on Nov 21, exactly one month after DM in ECAS. But because of some reasons, I decided to land in Apr 2020 and my Portuguese passport (passport mentioned in the COPR) will expire in Aug. I have several questions and hope some of you can help me with.

1. My Portuguese passport will have less than 6 months validity when I land. Will that be a problem? Does Canada require that our passport has at least 6 months to expiry when arriving?

2. If I am able to renew the passport before I leave, do I need to replace my COPR? If yes, where? Consulate General of Canada in HK? Or VFS Global where the biometrics was done?

3. I have a Macau passport too and I filed that in my application as the secondary passport. Can I ask IRCC to put the PR stamp in this Macau passport and reissue the COPR, instead of the Portuguese passport? The reason I ask this is because the earliest appointment I can make to renew the Portuguese passport is probably June next year. And in that case, my COPR (or application) will expire already.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Btw, here’s my timeline:

App arrived at IRCC: Mar 22, 2019
AOR 1: Apr 25
Sponsor Approval: May 15
Medical request: May 16 (done on May 27)
Biometrics request: May 28 (done on Jun 5)
Additional docs request: Jun 13
Interview request: Sep 3
Interview: Oct 15
Pre-arrival: Oct 16
DM: Oct 22
COPR: Nov 21

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Finally, my lawyer received my COPR on Nov 21, exactly one month after DM in ECAS. But because of some reasons, I decided to land in Apr 2020 and my Portuguese passport (passport mentioned in the COPR) will expire in Aug. I have several questions and hope some of you can help me with.

1. My Portuguese passport will have less than 6 months validity when I land. Will that be a problem? Does Canada require that our passport has at least 6 months to expiry when arriving?

2. If I am able to renew the passport before I leave, do I need to replace my COPR? If yes, where? Consulate General of Canada in HK? Or VFS Global where the biometrics was done?

3. I have a Macau passport too and I filed that in my application as the secondary passport. Can I ask IRCC to put the PR stamp in this Macau passport and reissue the COPR, instead of the Portuguese passport? The reason I ask this is because the earliest appointment I can make to renew the Portuguese passport is probably June next year. And in that case, my COPR (or application) will expire already.

Thank you for your advice in advance.
Little complicated and you don't want to get caught up in any future problems.
Flights are cheap now. Why not land here soon, look around, passport stamped, go back and prepare ?
Process takes a lot of time so do whats most important first.