+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Sheepy said:
Thanks GFLiam for the reply.

The request for police certificate is made directly from CPC Mississauga right after I got my AOR 1 + linkage of application. My letter is not issued from HKVO. I wonder whether it is logical to advise HK Police to send my certificate directly to CPC Mississauga using the same address (P.O. Box 3000, Station A) that I used for submitting the sponsorship application.
Same here. Maybe they have changed the procedure after the new package.

dvmama

Feb 3, 2017
Just found this on cic website :Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

Maybe we don't need to provide it right now and just wait for go to send us another letter but we have to tell them" I am applying from a country that requires an official letter from cic to get a police certificate? Correct me if I am wrong.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
dvmama said:
Just found this on cic website :Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

Maybe we don't need to provide it right now and just wait for go to send us another letter but we have to tell them" I am applying from a country that requires an official letter from cic to get a police certificate? Correct me if I am wrong.
the letter asking for police certificate is the one that you need to show to the police.

Sheepy

Mar 2, 2017
Well, for my case, I advised the HK Police to courier my cert to CPC Mississauga as previously mentioned. I scanned and submitted the receipt with a note saying that the cert will be sent directly to their office by HK Police. Within one week, I got another letter saying that my application has now forwarded to the HKVO. I hope this information is useful to other current HK applicants. You may also want to check out the February 2017 discussion group as a lot of us are already progressed to the stage of local VO.

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Jan 20 we got request for police certificate from UK. Ordered and scanned and uploaded

Mar 7th we got DM and the passport is in HKVO for COPR and counterfoil. Late Friday night we got an email from donotreply and MyCIC updated background check complete and file approved. We're hoping to land this week!

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
casito said:
We are landing in aug and having trouble picking a moving companies. Any recommendations? Thanks
We're trying to choose between Links and Santa Fe. We asked Crown to come give a quote but they (their admin people) were hopeless, taking over a week to call back and then trying to arrange an appointment 3 weeks in the future. Both Links and Santa Fe sent people over very quickly to provide the quote. We'll be packing up in June, so we're just a bit ahead of you. I checked out various moving threads on Hong Kong Moms on Facebook and I must say that I just ended up choosing from the companies who had the least bad comments!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HKvv said:
We're trying to choose between Links and Santa Fe. We asked Crown to come give a quote but they (their admin people) were hopeless, taking over a week to call back and then trying to arrange an appointment 3 weeks in the future. Both Links and Santa Fe sent people over very quickly to provide the quote. We'll be packing up in June, so we're just a bit ahead of you. I checked out various moving threads on Hong Kong Moms on Facebook and I must say that I just ended up choosing from the companies who had the least bad comments!
You can also try Wil-can!

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
How soon should my wife move to canada once the PR visa is granted? Just asking, as my wife needs to plan ahead of time.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I used Regal World Transport System last April. I shipped out my items about 2+ weeks prior to my flight and they arrived just days after my flight landed. Pretty expertly done and very transparent on their prices. The agent also went through the packing list with me, just so I won't trigger any alarms when the customs agent review the packing list.

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Hello,

I am assisting a friend of mine who has recently (December) applied and following sponsorship approval, the primary applicant was given a letter from Hong Kong that plainly states that within 30 days the CIC wants "substantial" proof of both the applicant and the sponsor's intent to not only leave mainland China, but in fact "sever ties" with the PRC by way of selling and moving property, disposing of assets or transferring of financials...

In response he has written a letter speaking of property currently owned in Canada, intent to sell one Chinese property and lease another, while including a job offer, and a one way plane ticket for June attaching to it documented proof of these things. His 'Agent', however, tells him that this isn't enough.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone else received this letter from the HK office?

2. If so, what did you provide, and how successful was it?

I guess that makes 3 questions.

Thank you!