+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
GFLiam said:
The link inside your post has the instructions to obtain a police certificate from HK Police and you can do that without being in Hong Kong. As for the accredited fingerprinting agencies, you can find them under "Canada" in the link in your post.

Since the HK Police takes a month to process your request, most likely you will miss the 30 days deadline. Such that, make sure you submit proof to HKVO that you've send in the request to HK Police (i.e. Courier/Registered mail tracking number, copy of bank note for the HK Police fee).
we have submitted HK police cert upon receving AOR (kinda), since they asked for it. Apparently they also require the RCMP one. Shes in HK now therefore it looks complicated.

HKVO has also asked for updated ScheduleA. It sounds stupid as we just submitted Schedule A last month.

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
carsonTO said:
we have submitted HK police cert upon receving AOR (kinda), since they asked for it. Apparently they also require the RCMP one. Shes in HK now therefore it looks complicated.

HKVO has also asked for updated ScheduleA. It sounds stupid as we just submitted Schedule A last month.
We had nothing to update for Schedule A as we already knew from this forum and also British Expats forum that all of the history had to go back to age 18, so we just sent a covering letter explaining that that the history was already going back to age 18 and that we had no other updates since we only submitted a month ago. Hope that will be okay!

howie2610

Dec 17, 2016
Hi all,

I submitted my wife"a package to CPC-Mississauga PO Box 3000 Station A Ontario via DHL Express on Jan 21 and revived on Jan 24 as per DHL, but until now, I still haven't received any email from cic. By looking at this thread, I see some of you mail it to HK office, but what I saw on the guide for Family Class Sponsorship, it mentioned mail it to Ontario the address above, what is the different? Anything I can do now to check the status?

Thanks
Howie

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
howie2610 said:
Hi all,

I submitted my wife"a package to CPC-Mississauga PO Box 3000 Station A Ontario via DHL Express on Jan 21 and revived on Jan 24 as per DHL, but until now, I still haven't received any email from cic. By looking at this thread, I see some of you mail it to HK office, but what I saw on the guide for Family Class Sponsorship, it mentioned mail it to Ontario the address above, what is the different? Anything I can do now to check the status?

Thanks
Howie
We're only mailing things to the HK office because our cases have been transferred to Hong Kong after sponsor approval. I think we all mailed the applications to Mississauga as you did. I've previously seen on the January outland thread that if you have heard nothing after a certain period of time (can't remember exactly...maybe 28 days?) then you can call CIC. Also there was some mention on the thread of CIC mail going to spam folders, so make sure you double check there.

howie2610

Dec 17, 2016
HKvv said:
We're only mailing things to the HK office because our cases have been transferred to Hong Kong after sponsor approval. I think we all mailed the applications to Mississauga as you did. I've previously seen on the January outland thread that if you have heard nothing after a certain period of time (can't remember exactly...maybe 28 days?) then you can call CIC. Also there was some mention on the thread of CIC mail going to spam folders, so make sure you double check there.
I see, thanks, do you have the contact number for CIC?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
howie2610 said:
I see, thanks, do you have the contact number for CIC?
There is no phone number to reach a "live" person for the HKVO.

If you send things in, what you should do to be safe is:
1) have a scan/copy of the documetn that you will be sending
2) upload the scan via "case specific inquiry" so CIC would get the electronic document
3) send the hardcopy via mail, using registered mail if possible

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
HKvv said:
I think since December of 2016, they expected time for sponsor approval is removed from the estimated processing time page. However, since then it seems the sponsor approvals are all done in less than 30 days. So make sure to check both the sponsor and the applicant's email.

Sheepy

Mar 2, 2017
Hi folks,

I am getting my police certificate in HK and they asked for a specific address of CIC where they will mail my certificate direct. Can anyone advise where I can obtain the mailing address?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Sheepy said:
Hi folks,

I am getting my police certificate in HK and they asked for a specific address of CIC where they will mail my certificate direct. Can anyone advise where I can obtain the mailing address?
You shall wait for the letter from HKVO to request for the police certificate and the address is written on that letter.

Sheepy

Mar 2, 2017
GFLiam said:
You shall wait for the letter from HKVO to request for the police certificate and the address is written on that letter.
Thanks GFLiam for the reply.

The request for police certificate is made directly from CPC Mississauga right after I got my AOR 1 + linkage of application. My letter is not issued from HKVO. I wonder whether it is logical to advise HK Police to send my certificate directly to CPC Mississauga using the same address (P.O. Box 3000, Station A) that I used for submitting the sponsorship application.

dvmama

Feb 3, 2017
carsonTO said:

May I ask how did you apply for police clearance from Hongkong after Aor1. As far as I know ,Hongkong police may ask the letter from the immigration,what did you show them? And also what Address you told the Hongkong police to send to? Thanks !

wtatchan

Apr 15, 2016
Montreal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HongKong
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
HongKong office: 24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Passed!
Interview........
Not needed
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
dvmama said:
May I ask how did you apply for police clearance from Hongkong after Aor1. As far as I know ,Hongkong police may ask the letter from the immigration,what did you show them? And also what Address you told the Hongkong police to send to? Thanks !
You will need to provide this AOR1 paper to the HongKong police. I have some relative in HongKong, so I mail this paper to her (underlining the paragraph: Police certificate request). I also mail the fingerprint that I took in Canada to my relative, so she could bring all this to the Central HongKong police station.

As for the address, just underline that they need to send it to the Consulate General of Canada in HongKong. I did a presentation letter when I mail all this to my relative. So when she went to the police station, they know exactly what to do.

Hope it helps

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
dvmama said:
yes. Right after AOR1 CIC asked for Police Cert from the country where you live the most after 18, i.e. Hong Kong. So my wife brought this letter to WanChai for it. As for the Address we put CIC missisaugau address, as shown on the letter head.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
wtatchan said:
You will need to provide this AOR1 paper to the HongKong police. I have some relative in HongKong, so I mail this paper to her (underlining the paragraph: Police certificate request). I also mail the fingerprint that I took in Canada to my relative, so she could bring all this to the Central HongKong police station.

As for the address, just underline that they need to send it to the Consulate General of Canada in HongKong. I did a presentation letter when I mail all this to my relative. So when she went to the police station, they know exactly what to do.

Hope it helps
1)Did HKVO send you letter or the CIC send you the letter. I assume if the request is from the main office then the Police cert should be sent to the main office in canada. HKVO had havent received your file at the time so they dont know your case.

2) shoud it be WanChai instead of Central?