+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Grizzlyman said:
Hello,

I am assisting a friend of mine who has recently (December) applied and following sponsorship approval, the primary applicant was given a letter from Hong Kong that plainly states that within 30 days the CIC wants "substantial" proof of both the applicant and the sponsor's intent to not only leave mainland China, but in fact "sever ties" with the PRC by way of selling and moving property, disposing of assets or transferring of financials...

In response he has written a letter speaking of property currently owned in Canada, intent to sell one Chinese property and lease another, while including a job offer, and a one way plane ticket for June attaching to it documented proof of these things. His 'Agent', however, tells him that this isn't enough.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone else received this letter from the HK office?

2. If so, what did you provide, and how successful was it?

I guess that makes 3 questions.

Thank you!
If you read about others' experiences, it varies from VO to VO, most likely due to each officer's own judgement. You see in this forum that some posters do get this request from the VO.

In our case, this is exactly what we showed (already have new home in Canada plus some finances in Canada), minus the job offer actually. Honestly, what kind of employer would give you an open job offer with unclear timing to come on board. We did not get any further questions.

As for your friend, the best way to understand rationale is to order GCMS notes, which would likely have some comments entered by the officers. However, he would not know it until this plan is submitted, and how the VO will react. There may not be an indication in the notes at this time why the officer feels this is necessary. But it doesn't hurt to order it anyway.

As I said, this likely varies from officer to officer. Honestly, it could be this officer's thinking that a lot of immigrants do not really leave or only the sponsored spouse ends up staying and the husband does not go back. Once the officer asks for substantial proof, it means the applicant must do a lot more. The clearest proof would be cancellation of the Hukou. It cannot get more substantial than that.

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
hi Everyone,

I just got the letter from cic saying that I met the sponsorship (parents and sister) requirement and the file will transfer to Hong Kong visa office. My parents is currently in Vietnam
but my sister is in Canada as an international student. I wonder how long the processing time would be in Hong Kong office? My application was sent in Sep 2011.
thank you for your help!

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
carsonTO said:
How soon should my wife move to canada once the PR visa is granted? Just asking, as my wife needs to plan ahead of time.
From what I've read on here, the letter granting the PR visa will have an expiry date before which she will have to land. Often that expiry date is one year from when the medical was completed. That is my understanding from what I've read, but I hope someone else with more experience can confirm!

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
HKvv said:
From what I've read on here, the letter granting the PR visa will have an expiry date before which she will have to land. Often that expiry date is one year from when the medical was completed. That is my understanding from what I've read, but I hope someone else with more experience can confirm!
That's right, 1 year from medical date. Best is to get notes so you know the dates exactly for medical.

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
HKvv said:
And forgot to mention that moving and landing are two different things. Your wife needs to land but not to move to Canada before that expiry date. Some people just take a quick trip over to Canada for a day or two to land and then return to Hong Kong to make preparations to move later.

casito

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks everyone for the info. I was going to wait for the Wil-Can's quotation as well but still haven't received it, so here it goes:

Price:
1. Linksmoving (very detail quotation, price is the best among all)
2. Sevenseas (online quotation, price ok but not as detail)
3. Crown (very expensive, no price breakdown at all)

Service: (quotation only)
1. Linksmoving - (very efficient and polite)
2. Crown (Very efficient and polite)
3. Sevenseas (Online quotation only, didn't call/email)

Hope the info helps. We can't wait to move back especially after this so-called "election", good luck everyone.

casito

Nov 1, 2016
We got quotation back from Wil-can too. Their price is the best and the consultant is very knowledgeable, we will give them a try.

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
casito said:
We got quotation back from Wil-can too. Their price is the best and the consultant is very knowledgeable, we will give them a try.
I am looking at my quotes too. Just be careful to read the fine print. My cheaper quote does not provide a full unpacking service - only the furniture is unpacked and put in position while the boxes of personal effects are only placed in the correct room for you to unpack. My more expensive quote includes unpackng service - all clothes and other items will be unpacked from boxes and placed onto a flat level surface, eg counter, bed, table etc. For me, the lack of unpacking service is not really a problem as it takes me a while to decide where to put stuff and I'm not sure I want all of it put out. But one good thing about the unpacking service is that they will take away all the packing debris on the same day. But if you unpack yourself then you will need to get rid of the boxes and packing materials by yourself later and it may require taking them to a recycling centre.

And if you are not sending your stuff right away, you may want to check on the warehousing fee. One of the companies was offering free storage for a month, but handling charges are an additional $4.5 per cubic foot.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
hello All,

This is such a great thread, so much info in here - thank you to all contributors !
My application is being processes yet. It's a bit unique I think since I needed 5 Police Clearances (the number of countries I have lived in so far).

here is my status so far:
received application on November 17, 2016.
started processing application on December 12, 2016.
Medical results have been received (did this in advance).

On Mar 30th my final police clearance was done (HK, asked for by the consulate). Looking at all the threads here I hope to get a call in the coming 8-12 weeks.
Anyone else in this situation? Does my assumption seem fair? Provided of course, that all paper work is in order..

Cheers!

Jchow0214

Apr 4, 2017
Hi Everyone! I would like to know the current processing time of approval of sponsorship outside Canada(sent from HK)?

My timeline:
Application sent to CPC: Oct 5, 2016
AOR: Oct 16, 2016
Start processing: Nov 03, 2016

There is no further update since then and my current CIC status is still "in process", may I ask if anyone submitted their application in Oct 2016 under the same situation?

Thanks alot!
Chow

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Jchow0214 said:
Hi Everyone! I would like to know the current processing time of approval of sponsorship outside Canada(sent from HK)?

My timeline:
Application sent to CPC: Oct 5, 2016
AOR: Oct 16, 2016
Start processing: Nov 03, 2016

There is no further update since then and my current CIC status is still "in process", may I ask if anyone submitted their application in Oct 2016 under the same situation?

Thanks alot!
Chow
Did you get SA? Did you receive any email from HK VISA office?

Jchow0214

Apr 4, 2017
Thank you for your reply! The application is still under process in CPC I guess, since I didn't received any further notice from CPC. I have setup a GCKey to link up my application and it said the medical exam is approved and there are no further additional documents is needed. Some of my friend got their sponsorship approval around two months before, I wonder what happen to my case?!?

Hope anyone can share your their status if their application was also submitted in oct 2016?

Jchow0214

Apr 4, 2017
Jchow0214 said:
Thank you for your reply! The application is still under process in CPC I guess, since I didn't received any further notice from CPC. I have setup a GCKey to link up my application and it said the medical exam is approved and there are no further additional documents is needed. Some of my friend got their sponsorship approval around two months before, I wonder what happen to my case?!?

Hope anyone can share their status if their application was also submitted in oct 2016?

Lucky2018

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Questions how to prepare document. Who can help!

Form IMM5533 - Part B - Supporting Document Required - 5. Employment / source of support

If both of us are in Hong Kong. What documents will be provided? Kindly share your experience. thanks!

Sheepy

Mar 2, 2017
Lucky2018 said:
Questions how to prepare document. Who can help!

Form IMM5533 - Part B - Supporting Document Required - 5. Employment / source of support

If both of us are in Hong Kong. What documents will be provided? Kindly share your experience. thanks!
To clear things up, this part only requires the Sponsor to provide documentary evidence.

For my case, as the sponsor, I told them that I did not pay income tax to Canada after returning to HK and unable to provide a Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year.

As for documentary evidences, I furnished:
1. A letter from my employer stating (a) period of employment, (b) salary and (c) working hours per week;
2. A letter issued by Canada Revenue Agency about my residency status [The letter simply stated that I am considered a non-resident of Canada as of (date)]; and
3. My latest income tax statement from inland revenue department.

I am not sure whether they are sufficient but so far, CPC Mississauga and HKVO did not ask for any additional documents. I am currently at the stage where HKVO asked for a medical report and updated 5669 and 5406. Hope this helps.