+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Lucky2018

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Sheepy said:
To clear things up, this part only requires the Sponsor to provide documentary evidence.

For my case, as the sponsor, I told them that I did not pay income tax to Canada after returning to HK and unable to provide a Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year.

As for documentary evidences, I furnished:
1. A letter from my employer stating (a) period of employment, (b) salary and (c) working hours per week;
2. A letter issued by Canada Revenue Agency about my residency status [The letter simply stated that I am considered a non-resident of Canada as of (date)]; and
3. My latest income tax statement from inland revenue department.

I am not sure whether they are sufficient but so far, CPC Mississauga and HKVO did not ask for any additional documents. I am currently at the stage where HKVO asked for a medical report and updated 5669 and 5406. Hope this helps.
Thanks and will re-submit the document again. hope no more request. thanks!

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
New to this forum and thread

I'm sponsoring my common law spouse who is currently in Canada on a Student Permit and is from China

my timeline is below
OUTLAND - Via Hong Long

AOR - NOV 6th 2016
SA – Dec 4th 2016
Request for Medicals Feb 3rd 2017

Nothing since, is this a good time line?

Thanks for your insights everyone

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
John_Smiths said:
New to this forum and thread

I'm sponsoring my common law spouse who is currently in Canada on a Student Permit and is from China

my timeline is below
OUTLAND - Via Hong Long

AOR - NOV 6th 2016
SA – Dec 4th 2016
Request for Medicals Feb 3rd 2017

Nothing since, is this a good time line?

Thanks for your insights everyone
Was the background check started? check the your cic account.

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
thank you for your reply, i appreciate it!

So as it happens i ordered notes from GCMS.

It says the following

Criminal background - in progress

Medical passed

Eligibility - in-progress

Eligibility assessment

Status - Recommend Interview

What does this mean?

does it mean they are not sure if our relationship is genuine?

We sent in so much proof, do you think its worthwhile sending in more proof ? we recently just bought a house and car together ( before we were renting but the rental agreement was in my name only because i moved in before we were together )

any insights would be greatly appreciated?

Starting to panic now as my spouse is here in Canada on a student visa and it costing ALOT :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
John_Smiths said:
thank you for your reply, i appreciate it!

So as it happens i ordered notes from GCMS.

It says the following

Criminal background - in progress

Medical passed

Eligibility - in-progress

Eligibility assessment

Status - Recommend Interview

What does this mean?

does it mean they are not sure if our relationship is genuine?

We sent in so much proof, do you think its worthwhile sending in more proof ? we recently just bought a house and car together ( before we were renting but the rental agreement was in my name only because i moved in before we were together )

any insights would be greatly appreciated?

Starting to panic now as my spouse is here in Canada on a student visa and it costing ALOT :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Have you received any email from HKVO so far?

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
We received a letter in December asking us to submit Medicals, which we did and they show received

We have not had anything from them in regard to an interview.

We were hoping to have the PR done by September as that is when the next term starts at the university my spouse is going to, it is costs so much money, we were thinking that we might convert her to visitor status as of Sept if we don't get PR by then, do we even need to ? her Student visa and work permit ( connected to it) is valid still September 2018...

starting to panic now :'(

dvmama

Feb 3, 2017
John_Smiths said:
We received a letter in December asking us to submit Medicals, which we did and they show received

We have not had anything from them in regard to an interview.

We were hoping to have the PR done by September as that is when the next term starts at the university my spouse is going to, it is costs so much money, we were thinking that we might convert her to visitor status as of Sept if we don't get PR by then, do we even need to ? her Student visa and work permit ( connected to it) is valid still September 2018...

starting to panic now :'(
May I ask when did you order your notes? Is it good to order the notes a month after hk starts processing my file?

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
GFLiam said:
Anyone got any updates at all? It seemed to be a long while since anyone heard anything from HKVO...
It looks like most of us are still waiting for the background check processing.

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
we got called for an interview on may 15th in HK, don't know why as we sent in so much proof, it may be because my common law spouse is 13 years younger than me, I'm not sure, we got a letter on April 20th, so flight is booked for May 13th, its a shame it cant be held in Toronto but because we outland we have to go to HK now :eek:

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
John_Smiths said:
we got called for an interview on may 15th in HK, don't know why as we sent in so much proof, it may be because my common law spouse is 13 years younger than me, I'm not sure, we got a letter on April 20th, so flight is booked for May 13th, its a shame it cant be held in Toronto but because we outland we have to go to HK now :eek:
Did the visa office ask you to attend the interview as sponsor in HK? just curious.

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
CrazyTheGod said:
Did the visa office ask you to attend the interview as sponsor in HK? just curious.

Your time line is almost exactly the same as mine, no they only require the sponsor to go if they live in China, so I'm not going BUT i am required to be there on the phone, i would have like to go but i cant get the time off work at such short notice