Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
GFLiam said:
Did CIC or HKVO give you any indication of receiving the documents after doc request? I am asking because the HK police would only send the certificate directly to HKVO and there is no way to tell if HKVO received or not.
Best way to make sure is to get your notes. You will see all kinds of details there.

felixchung

Sep 30, 2016
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
How long does it usually take to received an AOR? I have sent in my wife's PR application via courier and it was received on February 7. But up to now, we still haven't gotten any AOR emails or letter. We don't even know whether the app is being processed or if they have decided to send it back to us.

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
felixchung said:
How long does it usually take to received an AOR? I have sent in my wife's PR application via courier and it was received on February 7. But up to now, we still haven't gotten any AOR emails or letter. We don't even know whether the app is being processed or if they have decided to send it back to us.
In exactly the same situation, my application was delivered on 7th Feb but we haven't received any reply yet. From the what I see around the forums in the last couple of months, AORs seem to be going out about 20-40 days after delivery.

Keep checking back on this thread for the rest of us who sent your applications out in Feb:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/february-2017-outland-spousal-applic-t472521.0.html

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Hello everyone,

We ordered my wife's GCMS notes recently, and the officer in HK assigned to our file had no concerns with our relationship. There was a note saying they entered their decision on eligibility and passed the file on "to Canada-based Officer to proceed with statutory assessment." This note was made on December 21st.

Her background check has been in progress on MyCIC since mid January. From what I gather on the forum, the background check shouldn't take long if you aren't from a high-risk demographic or have a extensive travel history. My wife and I are relatively young and she only ever lived in her home city in China.

Does anyone know what's the typical time for background check for Mainland Chinese?

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
luckysomething said:
Hello everyone,

We ordered my wife's GCMS notes recently, and the officer in HK assigned to our file had no concerns with our relationship. There was a note saying they entered their decision on eligibility and passed the file on "to Canada-based Officer to proceed with statutory assessment." This note was made on December 21st.

Her background check has been in progress on MyCIC since mid January. From what I gather on the forum, the background check shouldn't take long if you aren't from a high-risk demographic or have a extensive travel history. My wife and I are relatively young and she only ever lived in her home city in China.

Does anyone know what's the typical time for background check for Mainland Chinese?
Minus the GCMS notes we've also been BC "in process" since mid January. Wondering the same thing myself.

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Grizzlyman said:
Minus the GCMS notes we've also been BC "in process" since mid January. Wondering the same thing myself.
Hey Grizzlyman, seems like our timelines have been very similar.

My wife is on a Chinese immigration forum and she said a lot of people with similar timelines are getting PPR already. Really frustrating that the background checks are taking so long, but I guess it's out of the CIC's control. Seems like in both our cases they should've been relatively straightforward, but they're already approaching a month and a half now.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
luckysomething said:
Hey Grizzlyman, seems like our timelines have been very similar.

My wife is on a Chinese immigration forum and she said a lot of people with similar timelines are getting PPR already. Really frustrating that the background checks are taking so long, but I guess it's out of the CIC's control. Seems like in both our cases they should've been relatively straightforward, but they're already approaching a month and a half now.
Don't think 1.5 months is too long a wait. Keep ordering notes to check on it.

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
casito said:
Here is our timeline (HKVO, Spousal)

Application submitted on Aug 22, 2016
Received by CIC on Sept 7, 2016
Start processing on Oct 4, 2016
SA on Oct 19, 2016

Transferred to HKVO on Oct 17, 2016
Start processing on Oct 24, 2016
Request Police clearance on Nov 10, 2016
Medical received on Nov 22, 2016
Interview on Jan 17, 2017

DM on ECAS on Feb 15
DM on MYCIC on Feb 27, 2017

Good luck everyone
I must ask though...
"DM on MYCIC on Feb 27, 2017"? Today is only the 24th.
And how long did it take to complete your Background check?

casito

Nov 1, 2016
Here is our timeline (HKVO, Spousal)

Application submitted on Aug 22, 2016
Received by CIC on Sept 7, 2016
Start processing on Oct 4, 2016
SA on Oct 19, 2016

Transferred to HKVO on Oct 17, 2016
Start processing on Oct 24, 2016
Request Police clearance on Nov 10, 2016
Medical received on Nov 22, 2016
Interview on Jan 17, 2017

DM on ECAS on Feb 15
DM on MYCIC on Feb 24, 2017

Good luck everyone

casito

Nov 1, 2016
Grizzlyman said:
I must ask though...
"DM on MYCIC on Feb 27, 2017"? Today is only the 24th.
And how long did it take to complete your Background check?
Should be 24th, I don't know how to change the posted message so I just delete the old msg and re-post it.

the background check took about an month I guess

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
casito said:
Should be 24th, I don't know how to change the posted message so I just delete the old msg and re-post it.

the background check took about an month I guess
Thanks... and well, congrats!
It seemed to go quite smoothly for you. :)

felixchung

Sep 30, 2016
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
We just got our AOR1 today after waiting for 23 days. However, in the request letter, they only said to upload the Schedule A and nothing about the police checks. My wife moved to Hong Kong from China 9 years ago so I did send in the China police check with the app and wrote a post it note to send in the HK one later. Do anyone know if they will issue another request letter for the Hong Kong police check? Or what should I do or who should I ask? Thanks.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
felixchung said:
We just got our AOR1 today after waiting for 23 days. However, in the request letter, they only said to upload the Schedule A and nothing about the police checks. My wife moved to Hong Kong from China 9 years ago so I did send in the China police check with the app and wrote a post it note to send in the HK one later. Do anyone know if they will issue another request letter for the Hong Kong police check? Or what should I do or who should I ask? Thanks.
Just wait for the request to come, CIC/HKVO will notify you when they need it. In addition, you can't get a hk police certificate until you have received their request letter. So, just sit tight and wait.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

My hubby received this message from HKVO. She lived in Canada for 1 yr, I thnk she needs to provide the police cert from RCMP. I just wonder how can I get one from Hong Kong? How can I tell if the agency is accredited finger print company?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
carsonTO said:
For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

My hubby received this message from HKVO. She lived in Canada for 1 yr, I thnk she needs to provide the police cert from RCMP. I just wonder how can I get one from Hong Kong? How can I tell if the agency is accredited finger print company?
The link inside your post has the instructions to obtain a police certificate from HK Police and you can do that without being in Hong Kong. As for the accredited fingerprinting agencies, you can find them under "Canada" in the link in your post.

Since the HK Police takes a month to process your request, most likely you will miss the 30 days deadline. Such that, make sure you submit proof to HKVO that you've send in the request to HK Police (i.e. Courier/Registered mail tracking number, copy of bank note for the HK Police fee).