+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

harvey70

Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
yes! exactly... which month's applicant are u? i am Nov applicant and still have received anything on procedural fairness letter nor backfround check....
my case timeline shows under my post always

Reactions: goldut

harvey70

Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
Hi there wg-au!
That's very odd as we received Medical Check first, in late Dec and as we went for our medical, our Background Check arrived days later. Maybe at most a week apart and we got both done rather quickly as we had already prepared our BGC well in advance. All this happened when the case was still in Mississauga and our case didn't get transfer to HKVO until March.
If anything, I would assume you would get a notice for BGC first.
I guess your case is straight forward and they first kept it processed in Mississauga under new program called OB0527 (I am not sure about the name) which is super fast, but late they found it is not eligible for your case then transfer it to HKVO

goldut

Jul 3, 2018
I guess your case is straight forward and they first kept it processed in Mississauga under new program called OB0527 (I am not sure about the name) which is super fast, but late they found it is not eligible for your case then transfer it to HKVO
Thank you for your insight harvey70!
Didn’t know they had a new program. I had a friend who worked for immigration and said the exact same thing you did. Our case seemed straightforward enough and if medical bgc checks out should be no surprises. That’s why the PFL caught us off guard.

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
nice! and how long did it take for the official PR letter to be mailed to you? it was mailed by the HK visa office, right?
We submitted AP's passport to Beijing because AP resides in Mainland China not HongKong. According to my friend's case, they got the passport and COPR back after about a month. And for us, they received the package on June 29, but AP got a call on Jul 3 saying there was a problem on the fee transfer so had to pay the fee again on Jul 4. didn't hear anything this 2 days. I am wondering if they will email a tracking number for us to check the process too.

wg-au

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
did everyone receive the pre arrival services message at the same time when the status changed to "we are processing your background check"?

my status changed, but i didnt receive the pre arrival services email......

Yesu_d

Apr 28, 2018
did everyone receive the pre arrival services message at the same time when the status changed to "we are processing your background check"?

my status changed, but i didnt receive the pre arrival services email......
I got service email before bcheck. Exactly 3 months ago.

dickdickmui

Apr 17, 2018
Hi all,
I am new here. ;)
I submitted my application on 14Jun from HK and received on 20Jun, yet to receive AOR, hope to get some update by end of this month. Planning to go back next summer for kid to start Grade 4.

Last edited: