+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hi everybody,

Will CIC just send the COPR to the mailing address that we indicated in the application? We put sponsor's address as mailing address in the application, so kind of afraid the COPR will be send to Canada instead of to the applicant. Should we write a note asking to send it to the applicant's home address while submitting the passport to CIC?

ppphoebe.zs

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi, I am new to this thread, I am sure the question has been asked before, but i’d ask it again and hope to get your help quicker. I am going to dig back to find answers in this thread as well.

I got procedural fairness yesterday, saying that my mom’s employment history is inconsisten with the one one showing in Hukou, and the VO concerns about we didn’t answer the questions truthfully.

I went back to check the Hukou and realized that the unit served is showing the very first work my mom did instead of the actual company she worked for on the date the Hukou was issued. Our Hukou got renewed twice, but that unit serviced never got updated and be honest, I never pay attention to that field unit I received this PF letter. And to add to this, my dad has the same issue but the PF letter only pointed out my mom’s. Should I bring this up by myself or just leave it but only explain what happen about my mom’s?

Anybody in the same situation and has any experience to share? What is the best way to provide the explaination? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

GCPY

Oct 4, 2017
from what others have been saying in this forum, seems like it will be sent to PA and that you have one year from medical check up for landing.

btw what was your timeline? when did your application get received and when did they start your background check?

Thanks!
Thanks for your reply.
My application recieved on 26/2/18 and they just started my background check on 21/6/18.

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
does anyone know whether the COPR is sent from hk visa office or Ontario?
I assume COPR and Visa are from the same office. If so, then it depends on where the applicant reside. In the PPR they ask you to send the document to different address base on where the applicant reside.eg. If the applicant reside in Hong Kong or Macao, mail info to HK office. If the applicant reside in Canada, Ottawa

harvey70

Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
It is quite weird, HKVO started the February applicant's BGC, but hasn't started the early months' applicants, such as Nov. Dec.and Jan

wg-au

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
It is quite weird, HKVO started the February applicant's BGC, but hasn't started the early months' applicants, such as Nov. Dec.and Jan
yes! exactly... which month's applicant are u? i am Nov applicant and still have received anything on procedural fairness letter nor backfround check....

goldut

Jul 3, 2018
Dear all,

Newbie here so please go easy.

Been a lurker here and thought I add in our case and help give back to the community. So as it seems, if you are indeed processing your case from HKVO, please submit sufficient proof of Subsection 130(2) a.) sever ties to your current place of normal residence b.) re-establish permanent residency in Canada. I'm sponsoring my wife who's a mainland Chinese national but I've been away from Canada for over 7 years. Work and live in mainland China and occasionally Hong Kong. Wife was previously rejected TRV to Canada so we decided to go ahead with PR.

Very Approx. Timeline (updated):
Oct 2017 Submitted spousal application at end of Oct
Nov Confirmed receipt of application by CIC-Miss early Nov
Dec Medical letter received by late Dec
Jan 2018 Medical check submitted by early Jan
Jan BGC request received and submitted in early Jan
March Case Transferred to HKVO
Received and submitted newborn son's Canada Cert of Citizenship proof. (This was quickest as it took 5-6 months vs 12 months. Thank you HK Canadian consulate!!)
May PFL Regarding sponsor not meeting Subsection 130(2), Subsection 12(1) received end of May
June Submitted additional declaration letter and proof regarding Subsection 130(2) mid-June.
July 2018 And have been patiently waiting ever since....

Missed out a lot of info in between but you get the idea, basically freaked out after Procedural Fairness Letter and provided a long declaration plus supporting documents.

Thank you everyone for your time!!

Last edited:
Reactions: harvey70 and Yesu_d

Yesu_d

Apr 28, 2018
Dear all,

Been a lurker here and thought I add in our case and help give back to the community. So as it seems, if you are indeed processing your case from HKVO, please submit sufficient proof of Subsection 130(2) a.) sever ties to your current place of normal residence b.) re-establish permanent residency in Canada. I'm sponsoring my wife who's a mainland Chinese national but I've been away from Canada for over 7 years. Work and live in mainland China and occasionally Hong Kong. Wife was previously rejected TRV to Canada so we decided to go ahead with PR.

Very Approx. Timeline:
Received and submitted newborn son's Canada Cert of Citizenship proof. (This was quickest as it took 3-4 months only vs 12 months. Thank you HK Canadian consulate!!)
May PFL Regarding sponsor not meeting Subsection 130(2), Subsection 12(1) received end of May
June Submitted additional declaration letter and proof regarding Subsection 130(2) mid-June.

Missed out a lot of info in between but you get the idea, basically freaked out after Procedural Fairness Letter and provided a long declaration plus supporting documents.

Pretty similiar to my timeline except im september applicant and submitted pfl in may. And waiting since then. :(

Reactions: goldut

goldut

Jul 3, 2018
Pretty similiar to my timeline except im september applicant and submitted pfl in may. And waiting since then. :(
Good luck and keep us posted! The only thing we can do now is wait. This forum actually helped out a lot in terms of what to submit to HKVO. Our child and I are both Canadian and just waiting on the mother now.

Reactions: Yesu_d

ppphoebe.zs

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
I am sponsoring my parents, and got PFL on Jun 20. VO is concerning about my mom's working history back in 2008. I provided her employment letters and submitted along with an explanation letter on July 1.

Seems like this is a long waiting period for the VO to review the additional documents we submitted. Please keep us posted if you hear anything from them. Since my timeline is a month behind yours, I hope to hear your good news soon.

Reactions: goldut and Yesu_d

wg-au

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Dear all,

Very Approx. Timeline:
Received and submitted newborn son's Canada Cert of Citizenship proof. (This was quickest as it took 3-4 months only vs 12 months. Thank you HK Canadian consulate!!)

my timeline is very similar to yours except.. not sure why but i havent received PFL nor BGC at all... even till now.... not sure if that is good sign or bad sign

goldut

Jul 3, 2018
my timeline is very similar to yours except.. not sure why but i havent received PFL nor BGC at all... even till now.... not sure if that is good sign or bad sign
Hi there wg-au!
That's very odd as we received Medical Check first, in late Dec and as we went for our medical, our Background Check arrived days later. Maybe at most a week apart and we got both done rather quickly as we had already prepared our BGC well in advance. All this happened when the case was still in Mississauga and our case didn't get transfer to HKVO until March.
If anything, I would assume you would get a notice for BGC first.