+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

Decaor2019

May 22, 2020
Hi I just want to know how did you guys get the police certificate request letter from IRCC? They sent to your email or through inbox message? My AOR is Dec 2019, but I haven't heard anything from them in the past 5 months.

Decaor2019

May 22, 2020
They will send you the request letter after your medicals have passed, together with the biometric request letter. Have you passed your medicals?
oh strange! Coz my medical is passed and I submitted my biometrics in Jan. Ordered my GCMS notes and it showed my eligibility is met and criminality is in progress. Not sure what’s is in progress without the police certificate. Anyway I raised a Webforum, let’s wait and see!

Decaor2019

May 22, 2020
Ask via the web form. You won't pass criminality without the PCC. What did you upload together with your application in place of the PCC? The system should have asked you for the PCC based on your address history and you were supposed to upload a LOE explaining that HK only issues them with an official request letter.
opps I remember there was no place for me to upload PCC when I uploaded my information...I thought they would send me automatically after AOR. No wonder my application is stuck now. I raised a web form yesterday, hope to get their reply soon! Thanks a lot

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Received the HK CNCC request letter today without mailing address. Should I just use the address as listed in this post or should I raise a webform to IRCC asking for a new letter?

The address listed in this post is - which one to use?

Regular mail:
ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

Courier:
Case Processing Agent
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Received the HK CNCC request letter today without mailing address. Should I just use the address as listed in this post or should I raise a webform to IRCC asking for a new letter?

The address listed in this post is - which one to use?

Regular mail:
Case Processing Agent
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

Courier:
Case Processing Agent
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Yes these addresses are correct.
I received a letter from IRCC with address after I requested them via a web form. They sent it to me after 20 days.
You should call IRCC and explain this and ask them to issue you another request letter with address.
Otherwise, if you dont want to wait 20 days, you can send the letter without IRCC address to HK and later when you get the letter from IRCC with address just send it via email to HK police.
Call HK police after 3 weeks and explain your situation, they will consider it and send it to the corresponding address.

This is what I did. Hope it helps :)

If you are not sure about steps of applying for HK PCC then follow this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/step-by-step-process-of-obtaining-hong-kong-police-clearance.662304/

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Do you guys think I can request for the letter via Webform if I have not submit my application yet but received ITA?

I dont think so.
Once you apply, they will ask you to submit the PCC and will send you a request letter.
You will not be asked to upload the PCC while applying for PR.

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Yes these addresses are correct.
I received a letter from IRCC with address after I requested them via a web form. They sent it to me after 20 days.
You should call IRCC and explain this and ask them to issue you another request letter with address.
Otherwise, if you dont want to wait 20 days, you can send the letter without IRCC address to HK and later when you get the letter from IRCC with address just send it via email to HK police.
Call HK police after 3 weeks and explain your situation, they will consider it and send it to the corresponding address.

This is what I did. Hope it helps :)

If you are not sure about steps of applying for HK PCC then follow this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/step-by-step-process-of-obtaining-hong-kong-police-clearance.662304/
Hi Shashi, I have had a webform request raised. Hopefully they will reply to it soon.

Out of the 2 addresses, which one did you use? I am asking in case IRCC send the letter that has both addresses on it...I want to make sure it goes to the right address..

Thank you

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Hi Shashi, I have had a webform request raised. Hopefully they will reply to it soon.

Out of the 2 addresses, which one did you use? I am asking in case IRCC send the letter that has both addresses on it...I want to make sure it goes to the right address..

Thank you

Send them both the addresses. What I did was that I drafted an explanation letter to the HK police and mentioned both the addresses.
The important thing to note here is that HK police will only send it via regular mail so that must be correct.

Regular mail:
Case Processing Agent
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

The above mentioned address was stated in my letter issued by IRCC for regular mail hence please double check by calling IRCC once. They are very helpful over call. I was constantly in touch with IRCC during this process because this process is very opaque.

Stepwise:
1. Draft a letter mentioning the address to HK police and send it via post to HK (Wan Chai address) along with filled forms, fingerprints and demand draft. Attach the request letter without address from IRCC with this application.
2. Apply for a request letter with address from IRCC (You have already done this)
3. Call IRCC to check on the new request letter and also verify the above regular mail address
4. Wait for 2-3 weeks to receive the new letter from IRCC. If you get it then send email it to HK police asap explaining the situation
5. Call HK police and verify if they have received your application package (Maybe they dont even start processing before 2 weeks so wait for 3 weeks). Track the courier and count the weeks from the day it was delivered to HK police. My courier took 2 weeks to reach and I used FedEx
6. While waiting for PCC from HK, keep calling IRCC once a week to check if they have received the PCC.
7. While waiting for PCC, raise a webform query and inform IRCC that you have applied for HK PCC and they should expect this to arrive at their address within 2-3 weeks.
8. Keep calling HK police about the status of your request.
9. In my case, HK police sent me an email about the address, actually I called IRCC for the case processing center address and they gave me a different address which i mentioned in my explanation letter to HK police. HK police came back and asked if it is the right address because the normal address on which they send the PCC to canada was different in their records (they process so many such applications). That was my moment when I sent the same email that I sent earlier again. Normally they will ignore your email thats why you should keep calling them. Their support on call was also very cold but you should keep calling :)
10. Once HK send your pcc to Canada, they will not inform you. You have to keep calling them. However HK police will send an acknowledgement receipt via regular mail to your registered address in Canada (so make sure you can receive mails).
11. This receipt will have the reference number of the application. You can also obtain the ref num by calling HK police.
12. Scan this receipt and upload in IRCC portal (In you PR application document upload section).
13. Keep calling IRCC and confirm the receipt of PCC. Also raise a webform to confirm the status of your application in writing.

Let me know if you need any help in any step mentioned above. The above steps were followed by me and I finally got it done. The HK PCC process is very complex and requires a lot of follow ups. I am happy to connect and answer any question you might have.
Good Luck :)

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Send them both the addresses. What I did was that I drafted an explanation letter to the HK police and mentioned both the addresses.
The important thing to note here is that HK police will only send it via regular mail so that must be correct.

Regular mail:
Case Processing Agent
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

The above mentioned address was stated in my letter issued by IRCC for regular mail hence please double check by calling IRCC once. They are very helpful over call. I was constantly in touch with IRCC during this process because this process is very opaque.

Stepwise:
1. Draft a letter mentioning the address to HK police and send it via post to HK (Wan Chai address) along with filled forms, fingerprints and demand draft. Attach the request letter without address from IRCC with this application.
2. Apply for a request letter with address from IRCC (You have already done this)
3. Call IRCC to check on the new request letter and also verify the above regular mail address
4. Wait for 2-3 weeks to receive the new letter from IRCC. If you get it then send email it to HK police asap explaining the situation
5. Call HK police and verify if they have received your application package (Maybe they dont even start processing before 2 weeks so wait for 3 weeks). Track the courier and count the weeks from the day it was delivered to HK police. My courier took 2 weeks to reach and I used FedEx
6. While waiting for PCC from HK, keep calling IRCC once a week to check if they have received the PCC.
7. While waiting for PCC, raise a webform query and inform IRCC that you have applied for HK PCC and they should expect this to arrive at their address within 2-3 weeks.
9. In my case, HK police sent me an email about the address, actually I called IRCC for the case processing center address and they gave me a different address which i mentioned in my explanation letter to HK police. HK police came back and asked if it is the right address because the normal address on which they send the PCC to canada was different in their records (they process so many such applications). That was my moment when I sent the same email that I sent earlier again. Normally they will ignore your email thats why you should keep calling them. Their support on call was also very cold but you should keep calling :)
10. Once HK send your pcc to Canada, they will not inform you. You have to keep calling them. However HK police will send an acknowledgement receipt via regular mail to your registered address in Canada (so make sure you can receive mails).
11. This receipt will have the reference number of the application. You can also obtain the ref num by calling HK police.
12. Scan this receipt and upload in IRCC portal (In you PR application document upload section).
13. Keep calling IRCC and confirm the receipt of PCC. Also raise a webform to confirm the status of your application in writing.

Let me know if you need any help in any step mentioned above. The above steps were followed by me and I finally got it done. The HK PCC process is very complex and requires a lot of follow ups. I am happy to connect and answer any question you might have.
Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a detailed message - it is truly appreciated!

My father is currently in Hong Kong and will be applying on my behalf for the HK CNCC. I have taken the following steps so far:

Current:
1. Mailed my father all the required documents, application forms and ink fingerprints
2. Received Letter from IRCC without mailing address - raised a webform for IRCC to provide a new letter with mailing address
3. As HK Police is no longer taking walk in applications, earliest available appointment was booked for 6 July 2020. The intention is to apply for the CNCC if possible without the mailing address first and then at a later date to provide a IRCC letter with updated mailing address to HK Police via email

Future:
4. My father will receive a receipt or confirmation of application hopefully and upload that to MyCIC account.
5. Follow up with HK police after 3-4 weeks to confirm whether the CNCC has been produced and mailed to IRCC
6. Track the document ( I am guessing HK Police will provide a tracking number ) and raise a webform to IRCC to confirm if document is received

--------

After reading another member had to arrange for a private courier to collect the HK CNCC due to suspension of Air Mail services in Hong Kong because of coronavirus, I reached out to HK Police as well to see if I am able to arrange a private courier for my CNCC collection. They said if Air Mail is still suspended, alternatives such as a private courier will be required. So, let's see what happens.

Thank you once again Shashi!

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi all,

I have received my invitation of Application for PR (Express Entry FSW) recently. I have gone through the document checklist but there is no HK police certificate, only UK needed (I studied there before).

Does this happen to you guys too?
Or the IRCC will request the HK Police cert later in the process?

Last edited:

seraphzhou

Apr 8, 2020

Regular mail:
Case Processing Agent
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

Stepwise:

Hi there, thanks for your detailed tips. Which courier were you using to send CNCC, DHL or Fedex? How did you manage the courier service about pick up from Hong Kong police? Thanks.

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Hello, does anyone have any timeline for the HK PCC after submission to Sydney , Nova Scotia visa office?

I had mine delivered to IRCC Nova Scotia in mid August and there are no updates etc. How long do they normally take for uploading the PCC to the system for an officer to review?

Thanks in advance!