+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Hi all,

I have received my invitation of Application for PR (Express Entry FSW) recently. I have gone through the document checklist but there is no HK police certificate, only UK needed (I studied there before).

Does this happen to you guys too?
Or the IRCC will request the HK Police cert later in the process?
Hey, I am experiencing the exact same problem (studied in the UK), do you have any updates on this?
I am wondering if I messed up my travel/address history, that's why I was not asked to upload a Hong Kong PCC.
I also don't have a hk passport, not sure if that makes a difference..

I think what i will do is, if I don't get a field to upload a hk police cert, I will add an LOE and ask the officer to generate a hk pcc placeholder for me to upload it...

Last edited:

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
You will receive a letter from IRCC requesting the HK PCC after AOR. HK will only issue the PCC if you have the letter.
Hi there, just realized you’ve also replied to my other thread. I didn’t get a placeholder to upload the HK PCC LOE; you think it’s alright just to proceed with other document first? I see two other users in this thread (one on this page; one on the previous) also had this problem. I’m hoping they can shed some light on how they have worked around this problem

Oct 5, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
IRCC will request the HK PCC together with your biometrics after medical has passed
Hi~ We received ITA in Sept and are preparing all materials. I have a question here. Will the request letter for CNCC only be issued after receiving AOR and the medical report? Thank you!

Oct 5, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
You must upload the receipt for your medical check together with all the other documents when you submit your application. Before AOR. You can't do it later.
Thank you! You are so nice:)

seraphzhou

Apr 8, 2020
Hello, does anyone have any timeline for the HK PCC after submission to Sydney , Nova Scotia visa office?

I had mine delivered to IRCC Nova Scotia in mid August and there are no updates etc. How long do they normally take for uploading the PCC to the system for an officer to review?

Thanks in advance!
Hello, is there any updates in your CIC account after your CNCC was delivered? I just had mine delivered today, and preparing to write a webform to CIC for confirmation. Thanks.

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Hello, is there any updates in your CIC account after your CNCC was delivered? I just had mine delivered today, and preparing to write a webform to CIC for confirmation. Thanks.
Nope, still nothing as of yet..I also sent them a webform but they did not answer my question whatsoever.

I wish there was some way to get in touch with Nova Scotia office directly to confirm they received it and when it will be uploaded etc.

For your proof of delivery, what is the person signing it called?

Mine says "Mike" and under signature it shows they signed as "CRSS"

olliegarchy

Oct 21, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'm currently applying for PR and had a few questions regarding the HK PCC. I'm getting pretty anxious as it's been 4 business weeks and I haven't heard anything back. If anyone could let me know what their experience is with the HK CNCC office, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

1) Last week, I reached out via e-mail to the CNCC office and still haven't received a reply as of today. I've called the HK CNCC outland hotline a bunch of times, with no one ever answering the phone. Does the CNCC office answer better to e-mail inquiries and if so, how long does it take for them to reply to an inquiry?

2) Has anyone had any success calling the HK CNCC office at all? If so, what's a good time to call? I've tried calling first thing local time, right before and after lunch breaks, and before they close shop - no dice. My relative also called the inland line with no luck.

Take care everyone!

olliegarchy

Oct 21, 2020
The email address is eo-cncc-ib@police.gov.hk and they answer within two or three days. If you call the hotline make sure it's not between 12:00-14:00 HKT as they might be out to lunch. It takes a few tries but they usually answer the phone.
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I sent the e-mail last Friday and I haven't received a reply. I'll try calling them at 9am HKT but I don't have much hope given the number of previous attempts I've had at contacting them. I just sent a follow-up e-mail and I'll get my relative to do the same.

Feeling a bit defeated right now and thinking the worst... it's literally the only document I have left to give to IRCC barring any ADRs I may receive in the future... at this point any reply would be a relief.

sktung702

May 10, 2020
Hello, does anyone have any timeline for the HK PCC after submission to Sydney , Nova Scotia visa office?

I had mine delivered to IRCC Nova Scotia in mid August and there are no updates etc. How long do they normally take for uploading the PCC to the system for an officer to review?

Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem too. I hired DHL to deliver my CNCC to Sydney Nova Scotia, however, the latest update is my CNCC arrived Ontario, then no more further update. any advice?

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm currently applying for PR and had a few questions regarding the HK PCC. I'm getting pretty anxious as it's been 4 business weeks and I haven't heard anything back. If anyone could let me know what their experience is with the HK CNCC office, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

1) Last week, I reached out via e-mail to the CNCC office and still haven't received a reply as of today. I've called the HK CNCC outland hotline a bunch of times, with no one ever answering the phone. Does the CNCC office answer better to e-mail inquiries and if so, how long does it take for them to reply to an inquiry?

2) Has anyone had any success calling the HK CNCC office at all? If so, what's a good time to call? I've tried calling first thing local time, right before and after lunch breaks, and before they close shop - no dice. My relative also called the inland line with no luck.

Take care everyone!
My CNCC just got delivered to Sydney office recently via FedEx. It took 6 weeks for HKPF to inform me to arrange courier pick up.
Did you tell them that you will arrange courier to pick it up? The officer told me that it will take 2-3 months to arrive Canada if they mail it out due to air mail service to Canada stopped.

olliegarchy

Oct 21, 2020
My CNCC just got delivered to Sydney office recently via FedEx. It took 6 weeks for HKPF to inform me to arrange courier pick up.
Did you tell them that you will arrange courier to pick it up? The officer told me that it will take 2-3 months to arrive Canada if they mail it out due to air mail service to Canada stopped.
Your reply gives me a lot of hope!! Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since I first handed in the application.

My relative got through to the office after many tries. Officer was very to the point so no, they didn't get a chance to mention pickup preference.

I'm hoping I'll get some response in 2 weeks. I know lots of people are applying for a PCC so that may be causing delays. Either way I'm going to stay hopeful and try not to worry too much.

sktung702

May 10, 2020
Yes it took me around 6 weeks after I submit my application. Then, they inform me that I can choose whether HKPF will send it out through regular mail or I pay for the courier service. Of course I chose to pay for the courier service (DHL). The next week (after I paid for the service and then I sent them my waybill), HKPF said I can arrange pick up, DHL is pretty fast, almost the next day the tracking shows my CNCC is in the USA then arrived Toronto ON. The last update is deliver arranged. However, no more further update after that... so my concern is I am not sure whether my CNCC has delivered or not... headache

Loskin

Oct 27, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m so glad that I’ve found you guys here! Finally catch up to the last comment.

Now it’s my turn to share my concern....... My sister in hong kong helped me to apply the police certificate on the 27th Oct, and they said it’ll take 4 weeks to process the application and mail the certificate to IRCC. So then the earliest date that they can send that out is 27th Nov. The deadline set out by ircc is Dec 16th. There’s only 2 weeks in between, I don’t think IRCC can receive the certificate in time. At this point, what should I need to prepare?

Thank you for reading my question and any input is appreciated!