+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Someone I know got her open work permit today. HCCP december 2019 inside Canada applicant with 24 months experience. So I’m not sure if it’s a good news for most of us who don’t have experience yet. But at least, ircc is back to work.
I will keep on waiting for my turn, so while waiting, let me scrub my employer’s toilet bowl. Hahaha! I’m a professional nanny and cleaner, and I am proud of it. I’m looking forward to work as a nurse again.

Kitae

Dec 12, 2019
Someone I know got her open work permit today. HCCP december 2019 inside Canada applicant with 24 months experience. So I’m not sure if it’s a good news for most of us who don’t have experience yet. But at least, ircc is back to work.
I will keep on waiting for my turn, so while waiting, let me scrub my employer’s toilet bowl. Hahaha! I’m a professional nanny and cleaner, and I am proud of it. I’m looking forward to work as a nurse again.
Can I know how many years on Open Work Permit she’ve got it?

Thanks

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Can I know how many years on Open Work Permit she’ve got it?

Thanks
Usually only for 1 year. My cousin got her work permit valid for one year only. Because they won’t need it by next year or once they got their PR. They only give 3 years work permit validity for someone who has no experience yet.

Reactions: Anilec28 and Kitae

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I think, they are giving priority to inside applicant, 1500 cap for those not for us..
Yes, i’ve heard few applicants who are getting updates now (facebook group page), and ALL OF THEM have experience already or inside Canada. But 1500 is ONLY for first-stage applicants, it means for people who don’t have experience yet.

Sifi

Jun 22, 2019
Yes, i’ve heard few applicants who are getting updates now (facebook group page), and ALL OF THEM have experience already or inside Canada. But 1500 is ONLY for first-stage applicants, it means for people who don’t have experience yet.
But I didn’t hear anything from outside applicant, I m also September 2019 outside applicant , no update after AOR in November 2019.. stupid program..not fair

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
But I didn’t hear anything from outside applicant, I m also September 2019 outside applicant , no update after AOR in November 2019.. stupid program..not fair
I agree 100% very unfair! they should process applications according to when they received the applicant's application package inside or outside Canada.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
So I guess, 1500 is ONLY open work permit not PR. But why only 2020 applicants??? So maybe it is ONLY AOR instead of owp.
if public policy is all about giving PR, they don’t have enough time now, because they promised it until June.If they will really give away PR for outside applicants without Canada experience, they should have given some updates by now. But we can only hear updates from inside applicant.
that’s my point why I assumed that the recent public policy is nothing special.

Reactions: Brent Angel

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I agree 100% very unfair! they should process applications according to when they received the applicant's application package inside or outside Canada.
I agree, it should be first come first serve. So regardless if they have experience or not, they should prioritize based on the date.
but I also pity those inland applicants that already paid taxes here for 2 years if they will keep on waiting for more than 2 years and being away from their families for a long time. I think they also deserve it

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
I agree, it should be first come first serve. So regardless if they have experience or not, they should prioritize based on the date.
but I also pity those inland applicants that already paid taxes here for 2 years if they will keep on waiting for more than 2 years and being away from their families for a long time. I think they also deserve it
Yes of course they don't deserve too wait that long too, but it's very unfair for employers too, we paid taxes for so many years and all I need right now is to have a reliable caregiver that we can trust to take care of our kids at home who is doing virtual classes and a 1 yr old baby. So many promisses but I don't see any big progress and it's end of May soon.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Yes of course they don't deserve too wait that long too, but it's very unfair for employers too, we paid taxes for so many years and all I need right now is to have a reliable caregiver that we can trust to take care of our kids at home who is doing virtual classes and a 1 yr old baby. So many promisses but I don't see any big progress and it's end of May soon.
I think it will be better for all of us if all of the employer would call ircc and tell the immigration the cost of waiting. Maybe because they are thinking that employer would think of alternative for their kids.
my sister’s employer was in fact calling the ircc (before pandemic) to do follow up. And she went to the extent of “drama/crying” for them to convince them that she needs a caregiver SOON. If all employer would do that, they will realize that they need to prioritize these applicants from 2019.
*sigh*. I really hope that you will all get updates soon, because it means, it will be my turn too.

Sifi

Jun 22, 2019
They are open new programs every day but old one on same place. If they can’t handle the situation, they don’t need to start new programs and don’t need to make a fool. They are taking money, money from the applicants..not fair

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Additional info. Once you received the letter of eligibility, they will send the owp approval the next day. Based on what this person shared about her owp. They didn’t ask for her medical, since it’s only for owp (and she has 24 months experience). The medical request is needed if they will process her PR application.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Additional info. Once you received the letter of eligibility, they will send the owp approval the next day. Based on what this person shared about her owp. They didn’t ask for her medical, since it’s only for owp (and she has 24 months experience). The medical request is needed if they will process her PR application.
I think I also saw this post. But I was wondering why she was still issued OWP when she submitted proof of 24 months Canadian work experience along with her PR application. It should have been straight PR approval already. Because OWP is supposed to go along with stage 1 PR approval (which means IRCC will not finalize your application yet until they receive your proof of 24 months canadian work experience).

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I think I also saw this post. But I was wondering why she was still issued OWP when she submitted proof of 24 months Canadian work experience along with her PR application. It should have been straight PR approval already. Because OWP is supposed to go along with stage 1 PR approval (which means IRCC will not finalize your application yet until they receive your proof of 24 months canadian work experience).
Hmm. It makes sense. So it means, she’s part of the 1500 first stage applicant??? Does it mean, that my chance of being included in the 1500 is getting thinner?
i guess, they won’t process yet her PR, she will let her wait until December 31 (which they promised). That’s why, as a consolation, ircc gave her an owp instead. That’s the reason why I don’t believe that they will give someone without experience a PR right away, coz they cannot even give it to people who deserves it.