+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
I think it will be better for all of us if all of the employer would call ircc and tell the immigration the cost of waiting. Maybe because they are thinking that employer would think of alternative for their kids.
my sister’s employer was in fact calling the ircc (before pandemic) to do follow up. And she went to the extent of “drama/crying” for them to convince them that she needs a caregiver SOON. If all employer would do that, they will realize that they need to prioritize these applicants from 2019.
*sigh*. I really hope that you will all get updates soon, because it means, it will be my turn too.
I honestly I did that too, cried while I was talking to an IRCC agent a month before I went back to work and I sent email to IRRC Marco M. And Nothing happened.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I honestly I did that too, cried while I was talking to an IRCC agent a month before I went back to work and I sent email to IRRC Marco M. And Nothing happened.
Hahaha! I also did that before. I pretended that I was crying, and the agent was extra careful on how to speak with me.
thanks for doing that. I wish all of the employers will do the same until ircc realized that they are not doing their job well.

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
They are open new programs every day but old one on same place. If they can’t handle the situgation, they don’t need to start new programs and don’t need to make a fool. They are taking money, money from the applicants..not fair
Yup imagine how much money IRCC are getting from all those new programs applicants and just creating more more back logs.

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hahaha! I also did that before. I pretended that I was crying, and the agent was extra careful on how to speak with me.
thanks for doing that. I wish all of the employers will do the same until ircc realized that they are not doing their job well.
If still no progress this coming end of June I will call IRCC again.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Hmm. It makes sense. So it means, she’s part of the 1500 first stage applicant??? Does it mean, that my chance of being included in the 1500 is getting thinner?
i guess, they won’t process yet her PR, she will let her wait until December 31 (which they promised). That’s why, as a consolation, ircc gave her an owp instead. That’s the reason why I don’t believe that they will give someone without experience a PR right away, coz they cannot even give it to people who deserves it.
She just clarified now. She said she applied for her OWP separately from HCCP because her WP was expiring. So that she won't be out of status while her HCCP application is still in process. Makes sense. I think she will get final PR approval pending submissions of some additional requirements like updated police clearance for her husband. She is 2019 applicant.

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
Someone I know got her open work permit today. HCCP december 2019 inside Canada applicant with 24 months experience. So I’m not sure if it’s a good news for most of us who don’t have experience yet. But at least, ircc is back to work.
I will keep on waiting for my turn, so while waiting, let me scrub my employer’s toilet bowl. Hahaha! I’m a professional nanny and cleaner, and I am proud of it. I’m looking forward to work as a nurse again.
Is it possible to share her timeline here? Thank you so much!

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
She applied
She applied Dec 20, 2019 inside canada applicant, got her AOR May 22, 2020, and received her eligibility letter May 19, 2021.
Thank you so much!
I guess she is one of the 6000 PR according to the public policy announced on May 6, 2021.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Is it possible to share her timeline here? Thank you so much!
This is her timeline. Got this from her FB account:
Dec 20, 2019 ircc received my pr appl
May 22, 2020 aor
May 19, 2021 received eligibility letter, Request biometrics, update husband nbi clearance, update forms sch a and addtl family info, pay right to pr fee( did not pay on pr appl), submit renewed passport ( to be released on july 14)
Approved OWP

Reactions: waiting2021

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
She just clarified now. She said she applied for her OWP separately from HCCP because her WP was expiring. So that she won't be out of status while her HCCP application is still in process. Makes sense. I think she will get final PR approval pending submissions of some additional requirements like updated police clearance for her husband. She is 2019 applicant.
I don’t get it. She had 24 months experience SINCE 2019 and no PR approval for 2 years? That’s looooong overdue for her. So she’s working the same employer for 4 years now?
I thought you cannot send 2 separate applications under the PILOT program. I guess, she’s not under pilot. She’s still under the old caregiver program.

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
This is her timeline. Got this from her FB account:
Dec 20, 2019 ircc received my pr appl
May 22, 2020 aor
May 19, 2021 received eligibility letter, Request biometrics, update husband nbi clearance, update forms sch a and addtl family info, pay right to pr fee( did not pay on pr appl), submit renewed passport ( to be released on july 14)
Approved OWP
Thank you so much!
It's so good to know IRCC is processing cases now, as it's so frustrating that a loooong waiting without any news.
I sent the application in January 2021, and then sent 24 months of work experience in March. Hope we all could get some updates this year.

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
I don’t get it. She had 24 months experience SINCE 2019 and no PR approval for 2 years? That’s looooong overdue for her. So she’s working the same employer for 4 years now?
I thought you cannot send 2 separate applications under the PILOT program. I guess, she’s not under pilot. She’s still under the old caregiver program.
She doesn't need to work for the same employer for 4 years. She could change employer with a new LMIA and renew her work permit to keep working as a caregiver, or apply for a study permit after 24 months experience.

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
She doesn't need to work for the same employer for 4 years. She could change employer with a new LMIA and renew her work permit to keep working as a caregiver, or apply for a study permit after 24 months experience.
But when applying for an open work permit after 24 months experience, as she said her work permit was expiring, she might need to work for the same employer under the same condition until the open work permit approved. But she still has choices after 24 months experience, a new work permit under another employer's LMIA, or study permit.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Thank you so much!
It's so good to know IRCC is processing cases now, as it's so frustrating that a loooong waiting without any news.
I sent the application in January 2021, and then sent 24 months of work experience in March. Hope we all could get some updates this year.
IRCC should provide us more updates starting next month (June). But people are still wondering what IRCC meant by AOR. Coz most 2020 and 2021 applicants have just received temporary application number. AOR could also mean the date they received your application or a letter saying your app is in processed.