+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV POSITIVE SPOUSE

Faith20

Jan 5, 2020
I did the medicals yesterday . Am waiting to hear the results even though ., know very well am HIV positive Hopefully ,I will hear something from the physician by Monday . has your partner stated her hiv status ?
How long did it take to hear from cic once you signed the post test counseling form? How does the partner notification come? I'm very confused. My partner already knows.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long did it take to hear from cic once you signed the post test counseling form? How does the partner notification come? I'm very confused. My partner already knows.
Unfortunately some spouses have not informed their partner so for public health reasons Canada requires this. Wouldn’t worry about it if your partner already knows and would just focus on your overall application.

Faith20

Jan 5, 2020
Unfortunately some spouses have not informed their partner so for public health reasons Canada requires this. Wouldn’t worry about it if your partner already knows and would just focus on your overall application.
My spouse informed me early on. We are possibly nearing the end of the application so I am unsure what to expect and how to prepare my spouse as they are scared.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My spouse informed me early on. We are possibly nearing the end of the application so I am unsure what to expect and how to prepare my spouse as they are scared.
Scared of what? They already know about your HIV status. Whether you get approved or not is purely based on your qualifications and whether you meet the excessive medical demand test. You can find the cost of medication and aporoximate costs of appointments, tests, etc. online.

Faith20

Jan 5, 2020
Scared of what? They already know about your HIV status. Whether you get approved or not is purely based on your qualifications and whether you meet the excessive medical demand test. You can find the cost of medication and aporoximate costs of appointments, tests, etc. online.
We are under common law so we shouldn't have excessive demand. It was more the interview and the possible 60 day delay we were unsure of.

Faith20

Jan 5, 2020
4 months.. he did his medical march 14, 2019 then July 8 medical passed
Thank you so much. The other parts of my file will probably be finished before that. Does everyone get called for the interview and how do we distinguish this interview from like a relationship interview?

Jul 20, 2014
Hello, I am seeing only about applicants, what about the sponsor who is HIV positive and resides in Canada. Do they go through the same process? Meaning telling their applicant about their condition?

Faith20

Jan 5, 2020
Hello, I am seeing only about applicants, what about the sponsor who is HIV positive and resides in Canada. Do they go through the same process? Meaning telling their applicant about their condition?
No, sponsor is not required to do medical but their doctor would inform them regarding Canadian law for disclosure. So they would have to tell the applicant.

Jul 20, 2014
Your partner should know regardless.
Yes I know but I asked the question because all I am seeing is about the applicant. I thought immigration would've also told the sponsor( if HIV positive) to tell their applicant of their conditions just the same before approving the applications.

dvkh

Jun 2, 2019
Hello all, do all HIV+ PR applicants need to go through an interview with the visa office? What happens if my application is processed in a country different from where I live? Would I have to travel there? I'm very confused about the whole process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all, do all HIV+ PR applicants need to go through an interview with the visa office? What happens if my application is processed in a country different from where I live? Would I have to travel there? I'm very confused about the whole process.
HIV status isn’t what determines whether an interview is needed. If an interview is required you may be able to do the interview in your home country or you could be asked to go to a neighbouring country.

gipps

Jun 7, 2019
I am not sure about the PR application because I applied for a study permit. But I think the same rule applies to both.
and as @canuck78 mentioned, the interview will be conducted if they feel the need for it and they will communicate with you for the same. Follow their instructions. They will provide all the instructions, so please don't overthink it as long as you are providing them with whatever they need. and you can always write them a Letter of Explanation to explain why you are not able to travel/ provide a certain thing.

And if you haven't applied for the PR application yet, and you are really worried, it would be safer to apply in the country where you live. how can it be processed in a different country if you applied in the country of your residence? unless you apply in a different country, then you are taking some risk for sure.
Don't overthink it and follow the process. :)
GOOD LUCK WITH THE APPLICATION.