+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV POSITIVE SPOUSE

DD2019

Oct 29, 2019
HIV status isn’t what determines whether an interview is needed. If an interview is required you may be able to do the interview in your home country or you could be asked to go to a neighbouring country.
Hi there,

What if the request for interview comes up but my spouse is already in Canada visiting on a visitor?

Does that mean he could do his interview within Canada?

Thanks in advance for any info.

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
hello. I already had the interview with the immigration officer. we talked about the policy for people with HIV sponsored by their spouse. After discussing the policy, I asked him how to speed up the 60-day process since my partner knows my status and we want to continue with the process. The officer said that my partner should send an email explaining that he wants to continue the application and sent an image of his Canadian passport. furthermore the officer said that he was already at the end of closing my application. hope this helps.

Kumaranj

Mar 17, 2022
hello. I already had the interview with the immigration officer. we talked about the policy for people with HIV sponsored by their spouse. After discussing the policy, I asked him how to speed up the 60-day process since my partner knows my status and we want to continue with the process. The officer said that my partner should send an email explaining that he wants to continue the application and sent an image of his Canadian passport. furthermore the officer said that he was already at the end of closing my application. hope this helps.
How long it took for you to get an interview, it's a in-person interview? Or telephonic , did they send email for interview, I am a spousal sponsorship applicant , i am in same boat , what is the process after post test counselling form sign from panel physician, i am waiting for a interview more than a month , yesterday Got a update in PR tracker says , we received your medical results need more information to complete medical we sent you message for more details, but there is no message, no email regarding with that , nothing in gc key , please clarify me , thanking you .

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
How long it took for you to get an interview, it's a in-person interview? Or telephonic , did they send email for interview, I am a spousal sponsorship applicant , i am in same boat , what is the process after post test counselling form sign from panel physician, i am waiting for a interview more than a month , yesterday Got a update in PR tracker says , we received your medical results need more information to complete medical we sent you message for more details, but there is no message, no email regarding with that , nothing in gc key , please clarify me , thanking you .
hello. The interview was by zoom. I suggest you get tested for hepatitis B and C. and also the test for latent tuberculosis.

Kumaranj

Mar 17, 2022
hello. The interview was by zoom. I suggest you get tested for hepatitis B and C. and also the test for latent tuberculosis.
I did my hepatitis b and c test during medical examination, negative, just now i received mail saying further information needed to make a decision, instruction to meet my panel immigration physician where i did immigration medical.
What will be the test , how long it will take for interview , We received prearrival letter , before medical , eligibility check background check completed, sa approved , please advise .thank you very much for your response.

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
I did my hepatitis b and c test during medical examination, negative, just now i received mail saying further information needed to make a decision, instruction to meet my panel immigration physician where i did immigration medical.
What will be the test , how long it will take for interview , We received prearrival letter , before medical , eligibility check background check completed, sa approved , please advise .thank you very much for your response.
[/CITA]
So this is the latent tuberculosis test. After passing the medical exams, 3 months passed and I had the interview.

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
So this is the latent tuberculosis test. After passing the medical exams, 3 months passed and I had the interview.

Kumaranj

Mar 17, 2022
So latent test how long it takes time to get result ? , so basically you are saying after all medical reports you submitted they passed your medical , from that time it took 3 months for interview? Sorry for asking too many questions, thank you very much

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
So latent test how long it takes time to get result ? , so basically you are saying after all medical reports you submitted they passed your medical , from that time it took 3 months for interview? Sorry for asking too many questions, thank you very much
the latent tuberculosis test takes two weeks to give the result. I suggest you ask the doctor on the panel and check your file online, maybe by that means they will have requested the additional medical tests. and after passing all the medical exams, they will give you eligibility in the permanent reunification application. After you see that on your profile, wait for them to write you for the interview.

Kumaranj

Mar 17, 2022
the latent tuberculosis test takes two weeks to give the result. I suggest you ask the doctor on the panel and check your file online, maybe by that means they will have requested the additional medical tests. and after passing all the medical exams, they will give you eligibility in the permanent reunification application. After you see that on your profile, wait for them to write you for the interview.
So the panel doctor will write for the interview, who will give eligibility in the permanent reunification application?

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
So the panel doctor will write for the interview, who will give eligibility in the permanent reunification application?
the panel doctor only gives the instructions for the medical examinations. and upload the exams to the platform. Immigration officials are the ones who contact you when they have all the related documents.

Kumaranj

Mar 17, 2022
the panel doctor only gives the instructions for the medical examinations. and upload the exams to the platform. Immigration officials are the ones who contact you when they have all the related documents.
Ok thank you very much, god bless you , all the best for your process, pls do update your process

Kumaranj

Mar 17, 2022
I saw my panel doctor , he checked my immigration medical file it says me to do igra test for tb . Rest all done so far .just this only test need to do .i am doing it .it's a blood test.