+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV POSITIVE SPOUSE

billgh

Jan 31, 2019
Hi guys, its again me. Today I asked my doctor about medicals and sputum test results. Her answer was, that I passed medicals because she didn’t receive anything from London office about me and on ecas I have a line, medicals recieved.

I think, POZ people have to give sputum test if;

1) they found out about HIV during medical test.
2) their lungs have scars.
3) they had TB infection in their past.
4) they are in contact with TB infected people. (Work, home).
5) their CD 4 is low and they are not under treatment yet.
6) they are from countries with a high incident of TB.
7) they already have TB.
And more possible things which only doctors could know.

My doctor was not experienced with HIV poz people, that’s why she was not sure what kind of extra tests I need. (in any case she asked me to do sputum, but after few days I asked her to upload my results and as you see I passed).

I did my medicals 2 months ago and still no interview for partner notification. Would be very happy if somebody who passed interview answers, how long I need to wait?
ANY UPDATE TO SHARE WITH US ?

billgh

Jan 31, 2019
Hi! I gave my biometrics on May. Still no interview. ((
How about you?
I have been ask to see the physician again for another medical which was done last week . I check my status from CIC is "Medical received " how long do i need to wait and hear from CIC ?

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
I have been ask to see the physician again for another medical which was done last week . I check my status from CIC is "Medical received " how long do i need to wait and hear from CIC ?
I don’t really have no idea. Next step should be an interview or biometrics, if you still didn’t give it?

gipps

Jun 7, 2019
I a
May 28, 2018 - May 06, 2019

The whole process, and HIV is not a hindrance to pursue your dreams and to build your Family. Thanks for all the people in this forum for giving their insights and experience to build confidence for me and my wife. Thank you Canada Forum..

Visa Granted.
I am so happy to see that the visa has been granted to you.
Please upload your timeline for all the tests/
Sputum, X ray, PPR request etc.

Thanks in advance.

hunterx89

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Hi, guys! I am hiv poz, I have a question. I was at doctors office a week ago for medical tests. My X-ray was clean, but they still asked me to do sputum test. I just wonder, does they ask all hiv poz patients to do sputum tests?
My numbers are good and I am undetectable. It’s sad I have to wait 2 month for sputum results plus 2 month for partner notification...
yes. its part of the additional test. did you so pulmonary test as well?

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
yes. its part of the additional test. did you so pulmonary test as well?
Physician asked me to do test, BUT my X-ray was clear, I never had TB in my history, so she did a mistake. She uploaded my results without waiting for sputum culture and smear results and Doctors from London accepted it.

Reactions: hunterx89

hunterx89

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Physician asked me to do test, BUT my X-ray was clear, I never had TB in my history, so she did a mistake. She uploaded my results without waiting for sputum culture and smear results and Doctors from London accepted it.
wow! your lucky. we did all the extra test and now my we have schedule for interview

Reactions: lloolloo

Faith20

Jan 5, 2020
Yes I am inland Applicant and my medical shows that I passed the test it was updated 5/2/2019 still waiting for my owp
How long did it take cic to pass your medical? I've been waiting over a month now. How long did it take to call you for the interview? I'm terrified.