+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV POSITIVE SPOUSE

kyowa69

Feb 20, 2017
Decision Made- the latest status of my application. I am hoping for a positive decision for this. I am still waiting for the email

Reactions: hunterx89

billgh

Jan 31, 2019
I will keep you in my prayers and i hope it will come out positive . how long will it take for decision made after loading the medicals

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
Hi, guys! I am hiv poz, I have a question. I was at doctors office a week ago for medical tests. My X-ray was clean, but they still asked me to do sputum test. I just wonder, does they ask all hiv poz patients to do sputum tests?
My numbers are good and I am undetectable. It’s sad I have to wait 2 month for sputum results plus 2 month for partner notification...

billgh

Jan 31, 2019
Hi, guys! I am hiv poz, I have a question. I was at doctors office a week ago for medical tests. My X-ray was clean, but they still asked me to do sputum test. I just wonder, does they ask all hiv poz patients to do sputum tests?
My numbers are good and I am undetectable. It’s sad I have to wait 2 month for sputum results plus 2 month for partner notification...
I think All HIV patients have to do sputum test . I did the test and am waiting to the result( 2 months) as while .

Reactions: lloolloo

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
I think All HIV patients have to do sputum test . I did the test and am waiting to the result( 2 months) as while .
Thank u very much for your answer. I asked my doctor if she can submit my ready medical results (blood tests, X-ray, TB smear and additional doctor reports) except TB culture, for which I have to wait 8 weeks and she agreed. Will see what happens now.. I asked her for this, because I had no idea how else to inform cic, that I have done my tests in 30 days.

kyowa69

Feb 20, 2017
May 28, 2018 - May 06, 2019

The whole process, and HIV is not a hindrance to pursue your dreams and to build your Family. Thanks for all the people in this forum for giving their insights and experience to build confidence for me and my wife. Thank you Canada Forum..

Visa Granted.

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
May 28, 2018 - May 06, 2019

The whole process, and HIV is not a hindrance to pursue your dreams and to build your Family. Thanks for all the people in this forum for giving their insights and experience to build confidence for me and my wife. Thank you Canada Forum..

Visa Granted.
Congrats!

Reactions: Qwerty1234@

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
Hello everyone!

It’s been two months since on my ecas it is written medicals recieved, does that mean I passed medical test?
If yes, when they will invite me for interview about partner notification?

Thank you all for sharing information.

billgh

Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone!

It’s been two months since on my ecas it is written medicals recieved, does that mean I passed medical test?
If yes, when they will invite me for interview about partner notification?

Thank you all for sharing information.
IS THAT YOUR 1ST MEDICAL? FROM MY UNDERSTANDING YOU WILL BE ASK TO GO FOR ANOTHER MEDICAL (X -RAY )

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
IS THAT YOUR 1ST MEDICAL? FROM MY UNDERSTANDING YOU WILL BE ASK TO GO FOR ANOTHER MEDICAL (X -RAY )
Hi, thank you so much for your answer. Yes, this is my first medical. My doctor told me, because my lungs are clean, I don’t need second X-Ray.
She said I only need a sputum test and I did it. (she was not sure about sputum, because usually people do sputum test when they find out they are positive during medical check up.) That’s why I had many questions, while reading this forum.

What do you think, about medicals recieved line on my ecas? (No emails from London doctors asking me for second X-ray or additional medical tests.)

Plus, I didn’t find this information on forum, can you please share if you know, after medicals how long does it usually takes to attend interview for partner notification?

Last edited:

lloolloo

Apr 12, 2019
Hi guys, its again me. Today I asked my doctor about medicals and sputum test results. Her answer was, that I passed medicals because she didn’t receive anything from London office about me and on ecas I have a line, medicals recieved.

I think, POZ people have to give sputum test if;

1) they found out about HIV during medical test.
2) their lungs have scars.
3) they had TB infection in their past.
4) they are in contact with TB infected people. (Work, home).
5) their CD 4 is low and they are not under treatment yet.
6) they are from countries with a high incident of TB.
7) they already have TB.
And more possible things which only doctors could know.

My doctor was not experienced with HIV poz people, that’s why she was not sure what kind of extra tests I need. (in any case she asked me to do sputum, but after few days I asked her to upload my results and as you see I passed).

I did my medicals 2 months ago and still no interview for partner notification. Would be very happy if somebody who passed interview answers, how long I need to wait?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, its again me. Today I asked my doctor about medicals and sputum test results. Her answer was, that I passed medicals because she didn’t receive anything from London office about me and on ecas I have a line, medicals recieved.

I think, POZ people have to give sputum test if;

1) they found out about HIV during medical test.
2) their lungs have scars.
3) they had TB infection in their past.
4) they are in contact with TB infected people. (Work, home).
5) their CD 4 is low and they are not under treatment yet.
6) they are from countries with a high incident of TB.
7) they already have TB.
And more possible things which only doctors could know.

My doctor was not experienced with HIV poz people, that’s why she was not sure what kind of extra tests I need. (in any case she asked me to do sputum, but after few days I asked her to upload my results and as you see I passed).

I did my medicals 2 months ago and still no interview for partner notification. Would be very happy if somebody who passed interview answers, how long I need to wait?
TB testing is not related to HIV status. If your X-rays are clear then you likely don't have TB so there is no need for sputum culture plus repeat x-ray.