+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hey there! Any Indian student with queries, drop in a message.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Oh . Was that joint account or under guardianship account? If joint account, then i will go for SBI and talk to senior manager instead of talking to stupid clerk

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Oh . Was that joint account or under guardianship account? If joint account, then i will go for SBI and talk to senior manager instead of talking to stupid clerk
It was a joint account with my father. Do talk to senior manager, if it still doesn't work out, go to Axis or HDFC, they might charge high fees, but they are quick being private banks.

Parthpatel9072

Aug 13, 2017
My profile is as below
Ssc-80.2%
Diploma in mechanical engineering-6.85 cgpa with 7 backlogs among which one subject is repeated 4 times and another 3 hence total 7 backlogs and it took me 4 years to comete my diploma instead of 3
Ielts 7 bands (L-8 R-7 S-6.5 W-6)
I applied on 7 th of july are there great chances of rejection for me
My course for diplOma in saskatwechan polytechnic is engineering design and drafting technology it is of 2.5 years
Assist me with it

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My profile is as below
Ssc-80.2%
Diploma in mechanical engineering-6.85 cgpa with 7 backlogs among which one subject is repeated 4 times and another 3 hence total 7 backlogs and it took me 4 years to comete my diploma instead of 3
Ielts 7 bands (L-8 R-7 S-6.5 W-6)
I applied on 7 th of july are there great chances of rejection for me
My course for diplOma in saskatwechan polytechnic is engineering design and drafting technology it is of 2.5 years
Assist me with it

With Saskatchewan ,you have good chances. Go for it. All the best.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
A friend of mine did 2 year diploma in IT in India and then applied for computer programmer diploma in Sheridan college . His profile was good but he was denied study permit . He applied for CAIIPS notes (i dont remember exact spelling ) and it was written that -"PROPOSED COURSE REDUNDANT IN COMPARISON OF PREVIOUS QUALIFICATION " .So it means that he downgraded his qualification and he should have opted for degree .So go for degree (preferably mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering )because doing another diploma after diploma is not feasible and not considered a natural progression in studies as per visa officer's view point . Rest depends on you .but i may be wrong .
Good luck

Reactions: Parthpatel9072

pura123

Jul 2, 2017
Hi there,

My case is a bit complicated than the usual.

I have been rejected twice :-
1) Tourist visa - did not have a job around then
2) Spousal PR visa - my ex-spouse withdrew the application and our relationship was not at all worth lasting forever

However, I still would like to go to Canada on a student's visa. My ex-spouse forced me to leave my job. Therefore, I was not doing anything except travelling for a couple of years.

So my million dollar question is, do I still have a bright chance to get a Student Visa?

I would be extremely grateful if you could guide me through and relieve me from the stress.

Thank you!

Last edited:

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi there,

My case is a bit complicated than the usual.

I have been rejected twice :-
1) Tourist visa - did not have a job around then
2) Spousal PR visa - my ex-spouse withdrew the application and our relationship was not at all worth lasting forever

However, I still would like to go to Canada on a student's visa. My ex-spouse forced me to leave my job. Therefore, I was not doing anything except travelling for a couple of years.

So my million dollar question is, do I still have a bright chance to get a Student Visa?

I would be extremely grateful if you could guide me through and relieve me from the stress.

Thank you!

Issuing study visa is a matter of VO discretion.

Also, if you applied as a co- dependent on The PR application (and not the primary applicant), you are good to go. Give it a try.

pura123

Jul 2, 2017
Issuing study visa is a matter of VO discretion.

Also, if you applied as a co- dependent on The PR application (and not the primary applicant), you are good to go. Give it a try.
Am sorry but I don't understand you mean by saying that its VO discretion. I guess you misunderstood. My ex- husband is Canadian white bodied citizen. We got married and he applied on behalf of me saying that he wants to bring me to his country as his spouse. Am not sure whether you call it a spousal visa or PR visa. The letter that I received stated that it was a PR only.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Am sorry but I don't understand you mean by saying that its VO discretion.(this means it depends on Visa officer)
I guess you misunderstood. My ex- husband is Canadian white bodied citizen. We got married and he applied on behalf of me saying that he wants to bring me to his country as his spouse. (He applied for a PR for you? Or a visitor visa?)

Am not sure whether you call it a spousal visa or PR visa. The letter that I received stated that it was a PR only.
If you were the primary applicant of that application, then Visa Officer is definitely going to go through your file, and will consider the fact that you are trying to enter this country by any means (given that your applied for tourist, PR and now Study).

Consult a good immigration lawyer as well.

pura123

Jul 2, 2017
He applied for a PR for me.

Could you please suggest a good immigration lawyer as am having a hard time finding one?