+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hey there! Any Indian student with queries, drop in a message.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
But what is problem with diploma. Many students from punjab who did 12th are going for diplomas.but is this diploma relevant?
Many students of Punjab are getting refused for visa as well.
Also, many students of Punjab, who still managed a visa for diploma, are not doing that great with here, as they can't expect a PR before 4-5 years after their education as well not earning more than 12$/hour on an average.

So make a smart decision.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I want to enrol in M.Ed winter intake.

IELTS 6.5/6.0
B.ed 2014 with 72%
3 year teaching and counselling experience

Please guide which university is suitable for me.
UWaterloo, WLU, York all are good.

Do one thing, get your degrees evaluated, and apply for OCT.
Since ,you are from the field of education, you must be knowing about it.

Once you have an OCT, your chances are very high to get into a univ. And over that a good job.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I totally agree with the guy advising you for a degree. You just passed your 12th.If someone advises you a diploma at this point, just consider my that they have almost no knowledge of Canadian immigration and education system.

P.s. your academic record is superb.
I have just turned 17 and i am quite confused . I like math ,logic and physics . But i am unable to decide about right field . So i have decided to go for computer information systemd diploma ,not bachelor degree in computer information systems as i don't know whether i will like it or not . I think i will eventually figure out that what i like .

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have just turned 17 and i am quite confused . I like math ,logic and physics . But i am unable to decide about right field . So i have decided to go for computer information systemd diploma ,not bachelor degree in computer information systems as i don't know whether i will like it or not . I think i will eventually figure out that what i like .

Since you have already made a decision, go for it.
There is no point of asking it's value over here.

Agents recruit confused students like you, and will try to convince you to with a diploma

I am no agent. I am here just to help people with my experiences. My advises regarding Diploma might sound too direct, but I prefer to maintain transparency.

Good luck

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I will be able to do degree in four years as two years of diploma equal to first two years of degree in my university
As for being confused, i have opted for course myself as university of fraser valley is close to house of my family members living in canada . It is not my fault if i am confused

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I will be able to do degree in four years as two years of diploma equal to first two years of degree in my university
As for being confused, i have opted for course myself as university of fraser valley is close to house of my family members living in canada . It is not my fault if i am confused

See,.you are just 17, and a student with exceptional academic record, I would advise you to make a choice that you won't regret later.

Given your marks in CBSE amd IELTS, you have a high rate of visa approval. (By high, mean like really good.)

If you chose this diploma, just as a mode of entry in this country, then rather go for a course in GTA colleges. They are low in tuition fees , and GTA is the education hub. Here you can connect with academicians and professionals from different areas, and explore further opportunities.

No,.definitely it's not a fault being confused. But as I said, be confident about your choices.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
See,.you are just 17, and a student with exceptional academic record, I would advise you to make a choice that you won't regret later.

Given your marks in CBSE amd IELTS, you have a high rate of visa approval. (By high, mean like really good.)

If you chose this diploma, just as a mode of entry in this country, then rather go for a course in GTA colleges. They are low in tuition fees , and GTA is the education hub. Here you can connect with academicians and professionals from different areas, and explore further opportunities.

No,.definitely it's not a fault being confused. But as I said, be confident about your choices.
Yes i am confident about my choice and i have seen course descriptions of my course and courses fascinated me. But i won't like to go to college , i want to be in university. My aim of doing diploma is that after doing my diploma , i will get admission in third year of degree . Thus i will keep pursuing my studies in computer information technology or computer science in same or big university like SFU ,UBC and on the other hand apply for PR

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa

Yes i am confident about my choice and i have seen course descriptions of my course and courses fascinated me. But i won't like to go to college , i want to be in university. My aim of doing diploma is that after doing my diploma , i will get admission in third year of degree . Thus i will keep pursuing my studies in computer information technology or computer science in same or big university like SFU ,UBC and on the other hand apply for PR

All the best. :)

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Colleges in Greater Toronto Area.

Like NCR is to Delhi.

GTA is to Toronto.
Oh . You seem to have good knowledge of canadian education system . Are you going to apply for study permit as well?
I have another question - how do i transfer money for GIC - from my account or my mom's account? I am asking this as my agent is saying being a minor , transfer from a joint account. But bank is saying you cannot have joint account with your mom as you are minor . Now i am too confused

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I applied for a study permit back in 2013 for myself, then for my wife in 2016, my work permit, our PR, our university applications for Masters,PG Diploma and a PhD. So, its been a long journey bro.

Bro, what bank is that? I had a bank account with my father in SBI, they did that for me.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
No
I applied for a study permit back in 2013 for myself, then for my wife in 2016, my work permit, our PR, our university applications for Masters,PG Diploma and a PhD. So, its been a long journey bro.

Bro, what bank is that? I had a bank account with my father in SBI, they did that for me.
Neither Punjab national bank nor SBI is letting me have a joint account. But were you a minor when you transferred GIc? As being minor my case may be different