+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and immigration

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Hi nana twum
Thank you for your response and thank you for giving me hope..

I already got my result to my gastro in st.lukes my viral load went up to 179 IU/ML still in low viral load then my SGPT/ALT went down to 21 U/L...

I will be having my MEDICAL IN CIC at the end of this month, i pray and hope that i'll be given a chance to pass my medical and have my visa..
Sure smiley04,
My prayers are with you!
Just be positive and hope for the best.
I am 100% sure you will pass the Medical Test and you will post all your smiles right here to also encourage others.
Thank You!

Reactions: smiley04

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Sure smiley04,
My prayers are with you!
Just be positive and hope for the best.
I am 100% sure you will pass the Medical Test and you will post all your smiles right here to also encourage others.
Thank You!

Hi Nana Twum
May i ask do you have a friend or do you know someone who also a hepa b carrier who got a visa and passed his/her medical in CIC?

Honestly im worried but with your inspiring words im not loosing hope ..it's really hard to have this kind of disease i tried many times lot of rejection bec of my hepa i tried to apply in a cruise ship but i was rejected but im still not loosing hope..

Thanks again nana twum for taking time to read my post.

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Hi Nana Twum
May i ask do you have a friend or do you know someone who also a hepa b carrier who got a visa and passed his/her medical in CIC?

Honestly im worried but with your inspiring words im not loosing hope ..it's really hard to have this kind of disease i tried many times lot of rejection bec of my hepa i tried to apply in a cruise ship but i was rejected but im still not loosing hope..

Thanks again nana twum for taking time to read my post.
Hi smiley04,
Yes of course! I know not one but a lot of people who has passed the Medical Test with hepatitis b and c. They know we are all not perfect. And what are really don't want is you spreading the disease in Canada or you having to spending a lot of money on your health while your proof of finances is considerably low.

The treatment of hepatitis is really expensive if it gets to the stage which badly affects ones liver. But for people with very low readings on their viral loads, their liver will be fine and they live a normal life. [My brother is a Medical Doctor who specialized in the hepatitis b virus. ]

[[About 90 to 95 percent of adults with acute hepatitis B infection will clear the virus on their own within six months, and develop lifelong protection against it.]] - This is from https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/diseases/hepatitis-b (The Canadian government website ).

Once you have developed a lifelong protection against hepatitis b, they will give you the pass.
And if you have a scan which shows your liver and spleen is in a good condition, you should take it along.
With your liver in good health and your body developing a lifelong protection, you are not at risk.

I hope this helps!
Let us know how it will go so that a lot of people will also be encouraged to chance their dreams and make it a reality.

You should concentrate on the other factors like:
Filling the application forms completely
Making sure your name and address is correct
Writing the best letter of explanation
Having a good Proof of Finances
Being as transparent as possible

You have to convince them that you will come back to your country after you are done with what you're going to do. You have to make them believe you!! [Although you might not want to come back but you have to make them believe you will].

They dislike people who just want to travel to Canada and make money. They want people who want to go to Canada and come back to their countries after finishing their business in Canada.

You can always apply to extend your stay ones you're in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: smiley04

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Hi smiley04,
Yes of course! I know not one but a lot of people who has passed the Medical Test with hepatitis b and c. They know we are all not perfect. And what are really don't want is you spreading the disease in Canada or you having to spending a lot of money on your health while your proof of finances is considerably low.

The treatment of hepatitis is really expensive if it gets to the stage which badly affects ones liver. But for people with very low readings on their viral loads, their liver will be fine and they live a normal life. [My brother is a Medical Doctor who specialized in the hepatitis b virus. ]

[[About 90 to 95 percent of adults with acute hepatitis B infection will clear the virus on their own within six months, and develop lifelong protection against it.]] - This is from https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/diseases/hepatitis-b (The Canadian government website ).

Once you have developed a lifelong protection against hepatitis b, they will give you the pass.
And if you have a scan which shows your liver and spleen is in a good condition, you should take it along.
With your liver in good health and your body developing a lifelong protection, you are not at risk.

I hope this helps!
Let us know how it will go so that a lot of people will also be encouraged to chance their dreams and make it a reality.

Hi Nana Twum
Yes i'll keep you posted about my medical result.
I also had my liver ultrasound when i went back to my gastro.

My ultrasound liver findings was
THE LIVER IS NOT ENLARGED WITH A SPAN OF 11.5Cm And shows areas of mild increased reflectivity of it parenchyma. NO DISCRETE MASS LESSION SEEN. Portal vein is not dilated.

Impression : MILD PATCHY FATTY LIVER

My doctor told me that my liver is normal since there looking for cirrohsis..but im confused with the mild patchy fatty liver..

Reactions: Nana Twum

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Hi Nana Twum
Yes i'll keep you posted about my medical result.
I also had my liver ultrasound when i went back to my gastro.

My ultrasound liver findings was
THE LIVER IS NOT ENLARGED WITH A SPAN OF 11.5Cm And shows areas of mild increased reflectivity of it parenchyma. NO DISCRETE MASS LESSION SEEN. Portal vein is not dilated.

Impression : MILD PATCHY FATTY LIVER

My doctor told me that my liver is normal since there looking for cirrohsis..but im confused with the mild patchy fatty liver..
Hi Smiley04,
Fatty liver is reversible so please you shouldn't worry.

If you have fatty liver because of obesity or unhealthy eating habits, your doctor may also suggest that you increase physical activity and eliminate or add certain types of foods to your diet. Reducing the number of calories you eat each day can help you lose weight and heal your liver.

In the early stages, you can improve and reverse fatty liver disease by reducing or eliminating fatty foods and foods high in sugar from your diet. Choose a balanced diet with healthier foods such as fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats like those in nuts and avocados. Replace red meats with lean proteins such as soy, chicken, turkey, and fish. Sweetened drinks, juices, and sodas should be avoided.

[https://www.healthline.com/health/fatty-liver#treatment]

Reactions: SERKAT and smiley04

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Hi Smiley04,
Fatty liver is reversible so please you shouldn't worry.

If you have fatty liver because of obesity or unhealthy eating habits, your doctor may also suggest that you increase physical activity and eliminate or add certain types of foods to your diet. Reducing the number of calories you eat each day can help you lose weight and heal your liver.

In the early stages, you can improve and reverse fatty liver disease by reducing or eliminating fatty foods and foods high in sugar from your diet. Choose a balanced diet with healthier foods such as fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats like those in nuts and avocados. Replace red meats with lean proteins such as soy, chicken, turkey, and fish. Sweetened drinks, juices, and sodas should be avoided.

[https://www.healthline.com/health/fatty-liver#treatment]

Hi Nana twum.
The result of the mild patchy fatty liver its bec of my unhealthy eating habits
I dont even drink alcohol..
I just need to change my lifestyle because i love sweet foods and i dont even do exercise

but when i got my result i started to eat more vegetables and fruits but i dont have time for physical activity because of my work but ill do my best at least once in a week to have a physical activity..

Thank you very much nana twum for all the tips and advise..

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Hi Nana twum.
The result of the mild patchy fatty liver its bec of my unhealthy eating habits
I dont even drink alcohol..
I just need to change my lifestyle because i love sweet foods and i dont even do exercise

but when i got my result i started to eat more vegetables and fruits but i dont have time for physical activity because of my work but ill do my best at least once in a week to have a physical activity..

Thank you very much nana twum for all the tips and advise..
Hi Smiley04,
That great.
For the exercise, 5 minutes daily is enough. It just has to be continuous.
I think you can spare only 5 minutes of your 24 hours in a day; for the greater purpose, right?

jessa8725

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
hi.I am new here.
i just want to ask if i will pass the medical exam in canada immigration.i refused to take an IELTS last year 2017 because someone discouraged me to do not do it (advised from the person who worked or processed the papers in canada and he told me that hep b is a communicable disease.)because i wouldnt pass the med. exam.I have hepatitis b and my gastroenterologist told me that i dont need a treatment because my sgpt is normal..all tests were normal excluded the reactive only...please give me an advice for this matter.

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
hi.I am new here.
i just want to ask if i will pass the medical exam in canada immigration.i refused to take an IELTS last year 2017 because someone discouraged me to do not do it (advised from the person who worked or processed the papers in canada and he told me that hep b is a communicable disease.)because i wouldnt pass the med. exam.I have hepatitis b and my gastroenterologist told me that i dont need a treatment because my sgpt is normal..all tests were normal excluded the reactive only...please give me an advice for this matter.
Hello jessa,
All that the Officers want is, not to spread any kind of disease in Canada. Hepatitis B doesn't mean you are forever doomed for visa to Canada. If your Hepatitis is undetectable for your viral load or its not reactive, then it means you can not spread the disease. The same applies to AIDS. The only reason to refuse your visa application is when it is possible you can spread the disease or the stage of your illness is very bad or will be bad very soon.

So ask your Doctor if its possible to spread the disease (He might test you again for current medical information). So it would be better to apply and go for the test at the designated medical center approved for the Canadian Officials. That way you will save money and you will know if you have pass.

Don't be afraid to try.
If you never try, you will never know!

(For most people, their body nullify to virus some how, and they live with it without spreading it or dying prematurely. So it depends on your body chemistry and how it functions)

All the best my friend!

jessa8725

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hello jessa,
All that the Officers want is, not to spread any kind of disease in Canada. Hepatitis B doesn't mean you are forever doomed for visa to Canada. If your Hepatitis is undetectable for your viral load or its not reactive, then it means you can not spread the disease. The same applies to AIDS. The only reason to refuse your visa application is when it is possible you can spread the disease or the stage of your illness is very bad or will be bad very soon.

So ask your Doctor if its possible to spread the disease (He might test you again for current medical information). So it would be better to apply and go for the test at the designated medical center approved for the Canadian Officials. That way you will save money and you will know if you have pass.

Don't be afraid to try.

(For most people, their body nullify to virus some how, and they live with it without spreading it or dying prematurely. So it depends on your body chemistry and how it functions)

All the best my friend!
Hello jessa,

Don't be afraid to try.

All the best my friend!
yes my liver is in good condition...my sgpt is always normal... is that true that the immigration will have to test all of my family member for they know if they will have also this hep b.?

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
yes my liver is in good condition...my sgpt is always normal... is that true that the immigration will have to test all of my family member for they know if they will have also this hep b.?
Yes but only if you will travel with them.
And they don't test children for hep b.

jessa8725

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Maybe, but it will be worth it if you get into Canada.
You can work in a week and have enough money.
Food is cheap but accommodation is not, yet still you can manage if you get a good job.
my brother wanted to get me last year but he cancelled my documents for process for the reason that i am positive of this...
they want me to apply because they have a filipino store there in saskatchewan so they are the employer but the Filipino(i think the an agency there) incharged of processing the documents advised them...