+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and immigration

jessa8725

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
To answer your question, Hep B is not a problem to come to Canada. I didnt read the whole thread, but just be honest at your medical exam, let them know about your condition, your treatment ect, don't hide anything. The doctor will have requisition to check your liver function. I passed medical exams for both Study permit and PR step while under medication. As long as your live function is at good standing, don't worry much.
wow! congratulations!

Reactions: kumori

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
do you mean you have a hepa b? and you pass the medical? should I need to tell them that I do have a hepa b? about treatment, my doctor said that I dont need any treatment because of low viral load . . .
That means you have even less reason to worry about. I’d call you a virus-carrier, dont know the medical term, but yeah, you have the virus in your blood, but it’s “sleeping”, your liver is working well. I have been taking medication for more than 10 years already, I enclosed my medication history both times I needed to do medical exams for Canada immigration, and this few more bucks than normal people so they can check my liver function, that’s it. Again, if you have Hepatitis B, and you have medical exam soon, just tell the doctor about your condition, like you know you have it and your family doctor said you dont need medication.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
do you mean you have a hepa b? and you pass the medical? should I need to tell them that I do have a hepa b? about treatment, my doctor said that I dont need any treatment because of low viral load . . .
Yes not declaring your hep b status is misrepresentation.

Reactions: YVR123

jessa8725

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
How are you all here? Unfortunately, my brother is still undecided to get me because of this hep b problem. he is scared because if I did not pass the medical exam...all your comments encourage me to do the same thing but the source of financing is in his hands.