+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and immigration

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Health grounds

• 38(1) A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition
    • (a) is likely to be a danger to public health;
    • (b) is likely to be a danger to public safety; or
    • (c) might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.
  • Marginal note: Exception
    (2) Paragraph (1)(c) does not apply in the case of a foreign national who
    • (a) has been determined to be a member of the family class and to be the spouse, common-law partner or child of a sponsor within the meaning of the regulations;
    • (b) has applied for a permanent resident visa as a Convention refugee or a person in similar circumstances;
    • (c) is a protected person; or
    • (d) is, where prescribed by the regulations, the spouse, common-law partner, child or other family member of a foreign national referred to in any of paragraphs (a) to (c).
Source: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-9.html#docCont
Perhaps you are not aware of the costs of hep C treatment. Not saying he will be 100% refused but it is an incredibly large omission.

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,
I have chronic Hepatitis B,but my doctor said to me"you do not need any treatment because you are in a good condition".But for safty I should take medical exam every 6 months.
Do you know I can get visa from CIC?

Please let me know,
Hi, did you able to get your visa?

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,
I have chronic Hepatitis B,but my doctor said to me"you do not need any treatment because you are in a good condition".But for safty I should take medical exam every 6 months.
Do you know I can get visa from CIC?

Please let me know,
My husband had the same case. What we did was we provided the DMP with my husband's lab results, abdominal xrays, and certification from his hepa consultant that his hepa B is "inactive" and non-communicable. I think it will depend on the SGPT/SGOT result of your lab, if its normal, hepa B carrier will pass the med test.

Actually, CIC looked more on his previous TB history, though it was inactive. My baby and I had no issue eith health. But my husband was requested for a sputum test and before/after sputum test xray. This has caused us delay of 8 weeks for the sputum test result.

We got our visa yesterday, apr 21. But, there was an attached medical surveillance form on his COPR probably because of the TB history.
Hi good to hear about your wonderful news. I have the same case with my husband. Can you please give me more ideas on what to do? If you will read my reply please message me ativoj3@yahoo.com. I badly needed some advice and I will highly appreciate your help. Thank you and God bless.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Hi good to hear about your wonderful news. I have the same case with my husband. Can you please give me more ideas on what to do? If you will read my reply please message me ativoj3@yahoo.com. I badly needed some advice and I will highly appreciate your help. Thank you and God bless.
It will purely depend on his lab values.

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
Hi
hello! I am from Philippines. I just would to ask about health problems. My brother is in toronto now as a skilled worker. His visa is Worker. He wanted to transfer from his present job to other but he is hepatitis b reactive, a healthy one. He is worried about it. He has hesitations to apply for a new job because there might be medical exams to be pass. Is canada very strict about it? Can he find a job there where he will not be discriminated with his situation? I really badly need your help.. Looking forward for your response. Thank you so much!
Hi I read your comment here and it's been long ago though. How's your brother in Canada? I was about to apply for AIPP in Canada and I can bring alonf with me my family, my husband is hepatitis b reactive but his healthy. I am wondering and looking for advices on what to do. If I'll continue my application would I be able to bring my husband with me?

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
Hi
Hai kazuko30...I am new here...I would like to get some advise from you regarding Hepatitis B, I am just about to do medical exam in 2 week, I am hepatitis B too but I don't know how bad the virus in my blood, do you think they will denied my visa ? they will check as well for Hepatitis B during the Medical exam ? please could you share your experience, do you get approved your visa ?

Looking forward to hearing from you...thanks
Hi I just read you comment here and it's been quite a while though but I wanna hear from you if you were able to go in Canada given your health condition? You have same situation with my husband and I am consolidating ideas from people with same cases with him if it's possible to go there? I hope you can help me. Thank you

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
It will purely depend on his lab values.
I wasn't able to bring him yet for laboratory. Can I ask for your messenger or email add ma'am/sir. Please I need advice. My husband is so upset because he was disappointed when he applied way back 2008 in middle east and failed because of his medical result. Now, I am an AIPP applicant but I'm in chaos state now because I don't know if I have to c9ntinue my application because I am too afraid my husband can't go with us. I am the one applying in AIPP Canada and if I get hired and passed I will be able to bring my family but I don't know if my husband will have a chance knowing that he is hepatitis b reactive. Please enlighten me. Please help me. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I wasn't able to bring him yet for laboratory. Can I ask for your messenger or email add ma'am/sir. Please I need advice. My husband is so upset because he was disappointed when he applied way back 2008 in middle east and failed because of his medical result. Now, I am an AIPP applicant but I'm in chaos state now because I don't know if I have to c9ntinue my application because I am too afraid my husband can't go with us. I am the one applying in AIPP Canada and if I get hired and passed I will be able to bring my family but I don't know if my husband will have a chance knowing that he is hepatitis b reactive. Please enlighten me. Please help me. Thank you
Either your whole family will be approved or will be refused. I do not give out my private information. It will be purely up to his current viral load, liver enzymes, etc.

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
Good day. Anyone please help me, ideas will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
I am applying for AIPP in Canada included in my application is that I can bring with me my family but I have a problem with my husband's medical condition. He is Hepatitis B reactive but his healthy. Is hepatatis b included during medical exam? Is it possible foe him to go with us? Please help me, I badly needed some honest and helpful advice. Thank you and God bless.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day. Anyone please help me, ideas will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
I am applying for AIPP in Canada included in my application is that I can bring with me my family but I have a problem with my husband's medical condition. He is Hepatitis B reactive but his healthy. Is hepatatis b included during medical exam? Is it possible foe him to go with us? Please help me, I badly needed some honest and helpful advice. Thank you and God bless.
Nobody will be able to answer you. It will depend on your husband’s health and viral load. If your husband gets denied your whole family gets denied.

Cynthia03

Sep 15, 2020
If we will be able to manage his health condition and have a certificate that he's healthy and no longer reactive. Is there greater chance?