+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help to fill IMM5524E(PRTD) -- I received my COPR, I did not spent even a day in Canada

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
oh did you received any call form IRCC? if I come on work permit, then my copr approved how to validate copr inland?
Not me, they confirm the current residence before issuing COPR. Search the various threads. Maybe not all cases, I dont know on what basis

How to validate inland? https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

Covid:
If you got your COPR, but haven’t landed

If we sent you a COPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information. You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your COPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way. Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a COPR for this new process if you are in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Last edited:

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
thank you. any idea why this takes 9 months? if copr approved while in india, can we come canada immediately using work permit, and at immigration we can say oh i dont know that my copr approved?
you can read this thread to know why takes 9 months. There are lot of people stuck and IRCC is processing very slow.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/

Also , if you pr is approved then you can't travel on any other permit.

rg5432136

Jan 25, 2021
The new COPRs mention that you are a permanent resident now. I sent an email to IRCC and they told me that I will be contacted by IRCC and issued a travel document to travel back to Canada. But I also have the PGWP which is not expired yet so can I travel based on that.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
The new COPRs mention that you are a permanent resident now. I sent an email to IRCC and they told me that I will be contacted by IRCC and issued a travel document to travel back to Canada. But I also have the PGWP which is not expired yet so can I travel based on that.
Nope, you need a travel document (visa) to travel.

ace_narn

Jan 5, 2019
@sumitkamboj88 I have been reading this forum to help me apply for PRTD to return to Canada, I'm a new PR. Can you help me with the following questions

1. Which SIN number should I share in my PRTD? I haven't renewed my SIN after becoming PR so I still have the one based on WP starting with 9xxxxxx should I provide that

2. Did you attach the scanned photos separately or with the same single pdf of documents

Thank you! You have been a savior for so many of us.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
@sumitkamboj88 I have been reading this forum to help me apply for PRTD to return to Canada, I'm a new PR. Can you help me with the following questions

1. Which SIN number should I share in my PRTD? I haven't renewed my SIN after becoming PR so I still have the one based on WP starting with 9xxxxxx should I provide that

2. Did you attach the scanned photos separately or with the same single pdf of documents

Thank you! You have been a savior for so many of us.
Hi,
1. I provided the old sin number as did not have the new one at that time. there should be no issue providing old sin number.
2. I attached the photo separately.

sanky297

Feb 1, 2021
Has any inland CEC applicant on this thread received a PRTD document while in India? Want to understand what is the timeline now that VACs are open in India.

I need to travel to India in May and am expecting my COPR in the same month.

@sumitkamboj88 @pat40 @rg5432136

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Has any inland CEC applicant on this thread received a PRTD document while in India? Want to understand what is the timeline now that VACs are open in India.

I need to travel to India in May and am expecting my COPR in the same month.

@sumitkamboj88 @pat40 @rg5432136
hi

I have submitted the application for PRTD on 4th Feb 2021 and I received the Passport submission request on 11th Feb 2021 ( which I guess its approved ) .

Once I received the passport submission request I . Below are steps to follow once you receive passport submission request .

1. Raised the passport submission request with VFS using webform ( link https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/)
2. Next day VFS will send the link to pay the fees for courier .
3. Once you pay the fees , next day courier company will pick up the passport and will send to Delhi visa office day after
4. then it takes 3-4 days to process the visa and send the passport back.
5. Received the passport with visa which is single entry and valid for One year.

So overall it will take 20-25 days for overall process.

Hope this helps !!

amit

Last edited:

sanky297

Feb 1, 2021
hi

I have submitted the application for PRTD on 4th Feb 2021 and I received the Passport submission request on 11th Feb 2021 ( which I guess its approved ) .

Once I received the passport submission request I . Below are steps to follow once you receive passport submission request .

1. Raised the passport submission request with VFS using webform ( link https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/)
3. Once you pay the fees , next day courier company will pick up the passport and will send to Delhi visa office day after
5. Received the passport with visa which is single entry and valid for One year.

Hope this helps !!

amit
Thanks @Bafnamit for sharing this info.

Couple more questions:
- Have you already received your PRTD? If so on which date?
- Can you please share the process for raising PRTD along with the documents thay one needs to submit?

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Reactions: sanky297

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
you can read this thread to know why takes 9 months. There are lot of people stuck and IRCC is processing very slow.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/

Also , if you pr is approved then you can't travel on any other permit.
Hello Everyone,
I have a situation where I need some advice/guidance
I got my COPR here and I applied for a PR card... after 60 days I received a letter saying my photos were not according to the specifications(rookie mistake) and then I posted the photos again.
NOW,
I have to go to India urgently due to some unavoidable reasons...
I called IRCC and they said that I will have to apply for a PRTD(Permanent Residence Travel Document) from India once I land in India.
Q1. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the PRTD application to get approved plus the time to send my passport to get it stamped???
Q2. What if I get my PR card here in Canada while I am there and my friend sends that via express mail after I have already applied for PRTD in India
Q3. Do you guys know how much time it takes for the PR card to arrive once I have resent the correct photos?

Anyone in this situation before could throw some light or know someone who has been in this situation

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have a situation where I need some advice/guidance
I got my COPR here and I applied for a PR card... after 60 days I received a letter saying my photos were not according to the specifications(rookie mistake) and then I posted the photos again.
NOW,
I have to go to India urgently due to some unavoidable reasons...
I called IRCC and they said that I will have to apply for a PRTD(Permanent Residence Travel Document) from India once I land in India.
Q1. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the PRTD application to get approved plus the time to send my passport to get it stamped???
Q2. What if I get my PR card here in Canada while I am there and my friend sends that via express mail after I have already applied for PRTD in India
Q3. Do you guys know how much time it takes for the PR card to arrive once I have resent the correct photos?

Anyone in this situation before could throw some light or know someone who has been in this situation
Hi
Please read the above post. For me it took 25 days from day I send all my documents to ircc to receive my passport stamp with prtd visa. Any queries pls do let me know.

shrunkensouls

Apr 8, 2021
hi

Hope this helps !!

amit
Hi,
How did you raise the application for PRTD to VAC ? Online, email or via Mail ?

Last edited:

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Hi does anyone know what to do in case, PRTD is approved but could not get stamped because VACs are closed?