+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help to fill IMM5524E(PRTD) -- I received my COPR, I did not spent even a day in Canada

rg5432136

Jan 25, 2021
Hi, I'm also in same condition like you @sumitkamboj88 (inland CEC with COPR valid till May,2021) however, I also have my Post Graduate Work Permit valid till July 2021. Can I travel on WORK PERMIT VISA? I even applied for PR travel document in last week of Dec.2020 but have not got any response yet.
Please help if someone has any information regarding the processing times?

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi, I'm also in same condition like you @sumitkamboj88 (inland CEC with COPR valid till May,2021) however, I also have my Post Graduate Work Permit valid till July 2021. Can I travel on WORK PERMIT VISA? I even applied for PR travel document in last week of Dec.2020 but have not got any response yet.
Please help if someone has any information regarding the processing times?
For inland applicant , the time you get COPR , all your other visa become invalid. Hence you cannot travel on Work permit visa.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
So how can I travel back now?
If you were outside Canada when you received COPR then I guess in your COPR document there will be a email address mention to contact them and get advice what's the next steps to enter Canada

In my COPR email there is below paragragh. Also try to get advice by calling IRCC agent and they can also advice you the next step.

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact
us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information:
CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca

ppatel2106

Jun 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for PR CEC-inland and received COPR today. I am a temporary resident of Canada on work permit. I came back for a vacation before COVID-19 but could not return back to Canada because of travel restrictions. My work permit has been expired and I received my COPR. In order to travel back to Canada, I need a permanent resident travel document.

There is a requirement to prove the residency obligation but I have not spent even a day in Canada after getting COPR. What should I fill in IMM5524E form in following points?

15 - Time spent in Canada - This is for the time I spent in Canada since I became PR but I have not spent a day. should I leave this blank??
19- Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds - Should I leave this blank or should provide some explanation that why I am out of Canada?

To prove my temporary residance in Canada I have many documents, eg. bank statement, CRA notice of assessment, Mobile Bill, Gas bill. Should I submit these with my PRTD application?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Thanks
Sumit

Hello Sumit
Did you get PRTD ? how did you get stamp in your passport?

ppatel2106

Jun 29, 2019
HI Everyone
If we outside Canada, in India, and gets COPR, then can I apply for RPTD? and how to apply for stamping on passport?
thank you

ppatel2106

Jun 29, 2019
It took me 9 months. If you are already a PR then this thread is not for you and you dont need AL rather apply for PRTD. AL is for those who have not become PR yet
thank you. any idea why this takes 9 months? if copr approved while in india, can we come canada immediately using work permit, and at immigration we can say oh i dont know that my copr approved?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
thank you. any idea why this takes 9 months? if copr approved while in india, can we come canada immediately using work permit, and at immigration we can say oh i dont know that my copr approved?
I don't think you can do both. Better come on the work permit then later validate your COPR inland. Applicants are also receiving calls from IRCC to confirm their current residence before they are issued COPRs.

Link
You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions

ppatel2106

Jun 29, 2019
I don't think you can do both. Better come on the work permit then later validate your COPR inland. Applicants are also receiving calls from IRCC to confirm their current residence before they are issued COPRs.

Link
You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions
oh did you received any call form IRCC? if I come on work permit, then my copr approved how to validate copr inland?