+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Restoration of status

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
I just applied and i submitted the imm5710 form to restore as worker and apply for new permit. I called several agents and they said its ok to do this
Did you apply online or through paper?
I was in a similar situation and i was advised by my school advisors to apply for restoration of status as a visitor online and apply for pgwp through paper application.

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
online. Do you wanna know the details? are u out of status as well?
I’m currently awaiting restoration and my pgwp since I already applied.
do you know how long Your application is gonna take? The processing times for restoration of status as a worker? Did any of the agents tell you this? Please and thank you.

maggielufw

Oct 14, 2019
I’m currently awaiting restoration and my pgwp since I already applied.
do you know how long Your application is gonna take? The processing times for restoration of status as a worker? Did any of the agents tell you this? Please and thank you.
how did you apply? did you submit in one application?

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
its pretty much the same as normal processing time. currently on CIC it says 114 days.
Thank you so much. Please reply to this thread if you have any updates on your application. It will be much appreciated.
just one more question for you, how much fees did you pay all together?

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
Hey guys! I am in a similar situation as you guys. I will submit my application (restore as a worker/pgwp) tomorrow. Let's keep each other posted on how it's going!

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
how did you apply? did you submit in one application?
Hi Maggie! Sorry I cut in your discussion. I want to ask you guys how you did your application? I applied for restoration/PGWP few days ago, I made the applications in one submission and wrote a letter of explanation stating why I made the restoration.

LBKLG

Oct 26, 2019
Hello I'm applying online to restore as worker with a PGWP application as well.

I was wondering how you guys got to upload the form online please? When I tried to upload mine, I keep on getting the following error: https://imgur.com/k3fqJES

For Question 3 ("I am applying for one or more of the following:") of the IMM5710 form, I have checked the following boxes:

• Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
  • Restore my status as a worker
As well in Question 7, under the Status section I left it as "Other" and Other section I said "Out of status,need restoration". The dates were left blank.

I'm not sure what else I could've done differently to fix this error. Any help please would be appreciated. Thank you!

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019

I was wondering how you guys got to upload the form online please? When I tried to upload mine, I keep on getting the following error: https://imgur.com/k3fqJES

For Question 3 ("I am applying for one or more of the following:") of the IMM5710 form, I have checked the following boxes:

As well in Question 7, under the Status section I left it as "Other" and Other section I said "Out of status,need restoration". The dates were left blank.

I'm not sure what else I could've done differently to fix this error. Any help please would be appreciated. Thank you!
Hi! I am sorry I don't know the answer...I hired a consultant to help me upload the file from their portal.

jkab167

Sep 3, 2019

I got the same issue with you. Then I asked the IRCC agents, they said I can only apply on paper for this situation.... just sent out my applications for restoration and PGWP to Edmonton last month.

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hello all I am also in the same situation as my student permit had expired(aug 3) 2 days before my completion letter(Aug 5) was provided so I ended up submitting for the restoration of status
as a worker and open post grad work permit.. I couldn’t find anything do it together online so I applied it on paper (aug 15) and was finally able to link it only last week( oct 25)....my question is that I did apply for it within the 90 days but now that it’s about to get over and the pgwp is still under processing..can I even apply for visitor visa just to obtain a valid status in Canada?