+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

I need to renew my PGWP due to expiry of passport. If I mail the documents, can you please let me know if the transctipts and the letter of completion of program should be original or photocopy?

Also, can I include the transcript that was issued and dated last year or should I ask for new one?

I really appreciate if you can please advice. Thanks so much

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi all

I need to renew my PGWP due to expiry of passport. If I mail the documents, can you please let me know if the transctipts and the letter of completion of program should be original or photocopy?

Also, can I include the transcript that was issued and dated last year or should I ask for new one?

I really appreciate if you can please advice. Thanks so much
The transcript from last year should be good. I'm not sure about if a regular copy would be accepted, probably a notarized copy yes (but in this case maybe is easier to send the originals and ask in your university/college for a new one).

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Thank you so much. I am also struggling with the question on the form 5710 for expected employment " from.......to........". Is from the date that I will submit or the date that I originally submitted the PGWP application for the first time? Also, is from the date that I originally submitted or the date of issue of first PGWP? I submitted my documents in July 2018 but received the first PGWP on Oct, 2018. In this case what should I write for ....from .....to......?
I really appreciate your guides. Thanks so much

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Thank you so much. I am also struggling with the question on the form 5710 for expected employment " from.......to........". Is from the date that I will submit or the date that I originally submitted the PGWP application for the first time? Also, is from the date that I originally submitted or the date of issue of first PGWP? I submitted my documents in July 2018 but received the first PGWP on Oct, 2018. In this case what should I write for ....from .....to......?
I really appreciate your guides. Thanks so much
The date you will submit until the date which you would complete a total of 3 years work permit (considering the date of issue of your first pgwp).
In your case seems 'date you submit' to Oct, 2021.

Anyway, the most important as well is a good 'Letter of Explanation' to the immigration officer understand the case (you got the first pgwp up to the date of expiry of your old passport, now you have a new passport and you're applying to the obtain the possible total of 3 years work permit that you would be eligible). The documents should be basically the same as the first pgwp application + photocopy of current pgwp + photocopy of old and new passport.

• Sad
Reactions: Parisuzy

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Thank you so much for all your helpful advice, much appreciated. I hope you all the best. I will let you know if I face any other questions. Thank you so much again for all your advice and guidance, and your time. Many thanks

Reactions: danlb34

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi, Thanks again for your help. Just another question re form 5710. I am in the process of renewing my PGWP due to expiry of passport. I feel it is a bit complex.

1. For the form 5710, when it asks "what is your current status in Canada ", should I say "worker"?

2. Re the question for "original purpose of coming to Canada"_ I first came as a student. Should I say student?

3. Re "What type of work permit are you applying for"_ should I still select PGWP I guess, yes?

4. Re "The latest document number"_ should I refer them to my previous PGWP number?

It is very tricky as this might be confusing. Sorry for this but I appreciate all your help. Thank you so much again

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
To renew PGWP by mailing the documents, should we include a photo? How about a bank statement for financial support? Thank you so much again for all your help.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi, Thanks again for your help. Just another question re form 5710. I am in the process of renewing my PGWP due to expiry of passport. I feel it is a bit complex.

1. For the form 5710, when it asks "what is your current status in Canada ", should I say "worker"? Worker

2. Re the question for "original purpose of coming to Canada"_ I first came as a student. Should I say student? Study

3. Re "What type of work permit are you applying for"_ should I still select PGWP I guess, yes? Post Graduation Work Permit

4. Re "The latest document number"_ should I refer them to my previous PGWP number? Yes if the Pgwp is your latest valid permit.

It is very tricky as this might be confusing. Sorry for this but I appreciate all your help. Thank you so much again

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
To renew PGWP by mailing the documents, should we include a photo? How about a bank statement for financial support? Thank you so much again for all your help.
Yes. All documents requested in the first PGWP application (you're basically just doing the same application again), please be sure to take the photos as they requested (e.g. date stamped in the cover, some document number filled in the cover, etc.. Make sure to double check the instructions). But, don't worry, it's going to work.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Yes. All documents requested in the first PGWP application (you're basically just doing the same application again), please be sure to take the photos as they requested (e.g. date stamped in the cover, some document number filled in the cover, etc.. Make sure to double check the instructions). But, don't worry, it's going to work.
Thank you so much for all your help. I am a bit struggling woth photo. In the application checklist for mail venue, it doesnt state photo but online it does state. I am confused. What do you recommend? If a photo is required for mail applicantions, what requirements/size should it follow and how many photos are needed? I really appreciate your advice. Thank you so much again

Last edited:

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Re bank statement, I cannot recall we included in the first PGWP. Do you advise to add this for mail application? Thanks again for your help

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Thank you so much for all your help. I am a bit struggling woth photo. In the application checklist for mail venue, it doesnt state photo but online it does state. I am confused. What do you recommend? If a photo is required for mail applicantions, what requirements/size should it follow and how many photos are needed? I really appreciate your advice. Thank you so much again
I would recommend to add the photo. At least 2 photos (one with the specifications in the back [Name and Date of Birth...], and one without it).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Re bank statement, I cannot recall we included in the first PGWP. Do you advise to add this for mail application? Thanks again for your help
You can include, in my opinion. In general, there's no problem to add some extra documents that are not required in the document checklist and you think can be helpful to your application (E.g. Bank statements, Job Verification Letter, etc...). Just make sure to everything make sense through the Letter of Explanation.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
You can include, in my opinion. In general, there's no problem to add some extra documents that are not required in the document checklist and you think can be helpful to your application (E.g. Bank statements, Job Verification Letter, etc...). Just make sure to everything make sense through the Letter of Explanation.
Thank you so much for all your help. That makes sense, I will include them accordingly. Hope everything goes well with this. Will keep you posted if I face any other questions. Thank you so much again for your generosity to share your input and experiences. Wishing you all the best.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Thank you so much for all your help. That makes sense, I will include them accordingly. Hope everything goes well with this. Will keep you posted if I face any other questions. Thank you so much again for your generosity to share your input and experiences. Wishing you all the best.
Found this link about the pictures, with a a document to download with examples of pictures: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/temporary-resident-visa-application-photograph-specifications.html

Also if you simulate an 'online' application, in the document checklist there'll be an interrogation button for each item. Clicking on it, that would also give instructions about the related item.