+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
I actually finally linked after I saw your post. I know they received that date because I paid for the Canada post tracker and checked when it was delivered.. my profile is exactly as yours.. now we have to wait.. I believe they are working with applications from April/may still...
Yes, i just hope we shall be getting it latest December. They always put forward Covid-19 as the reason of the delay. It's hard to find a serious job without a work permit that stretches to a minimum of one year. I have already missed opportunities of good employment for this reason.

sjy

Apr 2, 2017
Just received approval for my work permit extension (PGWP). Applied paper based
Documents arrived: 21st Oct
Profile linked: 15th Dec
Approved Email: 24th Jan
Took about 3 months.
Hi,

did you mail it to "station202" or "station 555" ? and when did you receive AOR?

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
So I have received approval message for my work permit extension through my cic account. I applied on paper on July 21st. I linked my paper application to the online platform 2 months later and got approved one month later. So my application for extension took 3 months in total. My post graduate work permit will be valid till April 2023.

sjy

Apr 2, 2017
So I have received approval message for my work permit extension through my cic account. I applied on paper on July 21st. I linked my paper application to the online platform 2 months later and got approved one month later. So my application for extension took 3 months in total. My post graduate work permit will be valid till April 2023.
Hi Mouftaou,

Congratulations on your permit renewal. Can you tell me whether you mailed it to "station202" or "station 555". and also did you get Acknowledgement letter when CIC initially received you application? My PGWP will expire in february 2021 and is issued till passport expiry (November 2021 otherwise). I recently renewed my passport and applied for PGWP extension through mail on (through UPS) and tracking information says that they left it at mail room on 6th October 2020.

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hi Mouftaou,

Congratulations on your permit renewal. Can you tell me whether you mailed it to "station202" or "station 555". and also did you get Acknowledgement letter when CIC initially received you application? My PGWP will expire in february 2021 and is issued till passport expiry (November 2021 otherwise). I recently renewed my passport and applied for PGWP extension through mail on (through UPS) and tracking information says that they left it at mail room on 6th October 2020.
Hello,
Application for any work permit renewal is done on paper and sent by mail. For PGWP renewal, you should mail it to : Case processing centre in Edmonton. Immigration refugees and citizenship Canada. C/o work permits/new employer, station 555, 9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55, Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3. It's always good to use a tracking number to know whether your mail was delivered. Then you should try to link your paper application to your online CIC account. You will be able to do that one month or 2 months later. Thereafter, you can receive all correspondence about your application through your cic account. Hope I answered your questions. Good luck.

sjy

Apr 2, 2017
Hello,
Application for any work permit renewal is done on paper and sent by mail. For PGWP renewal, you should mail it to : Case processing centre in Edmonton. Immigration refugees and citizenship Canada. C/o work permits/new employer, station 555, 9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55, Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3. It's always good to use a tracking number to know whether your mail was delivered. Then you should try to link your paper application to your online CIC account. You will be able to do that one month or 2 months later. Thereafter, you can receive all correspondence about your application through your cic account. Hope I answered your questions. Good luck.
Mouftaou,

All my doubts are cleared. thank you very much for your timely reply.

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Hello all,
Just want to share my pgwp extension timeline.
Application may 5th
Was able to link it on May 29th
Approval November 16th valid till November 16 2021.

Thank u everyone for helping me through this process.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi, Can experienced people share what application guide to use for PGWP extension? And where to find the mailing address for application package?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi,

1.) Yes it will be a new application so you have yo pay the fee I guess its CN$255 ( you can pay the fee online. and once you paid it, an electronic receipt will me emailed to you and include that to your supporting documents and on your letter of explanation stating that together with this application is the proof of payment.

2.) Might as well do it via MAIL just to be safe.

3.) Provide a letter of explanation emphasizing that you are were initially issued 8 months PGWP due to validity of your passport but you have renewed your passport and applying for an extension as reference to note/remark on your existing PGWP.

4.) You can submit the same supporting documents you used when you first apply. You will only need to change the Letter of Explanation. ( Ask other members as well for their feedback.)
Hi, Can you share what checklist and application guide you used please?

Ashkanian

Nov 25, 2020
Hello,
I just got approval through the online account and want to share my experience:
I have applied online and submit my application on August 06th and got approval today so overall it takes 16 weeks from the date I submitted till getting the approval on the system.

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
hello all! I skimmed through last few pages but could not get an exact answer to my questions...

My questions as below:
1) what are the documents we need to submit? just the forms, passport, letter and fee receipt? or do we need to submit photos, job letter, old work permit, bank statement etc.??
2) also, do I need a medical done?

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
Hello all,
Just want to share my pgwp extension timeline.
Application may 5th
Was able to link it on May 29th
Approval November 16th valid till November 16 2021.

Thank u everyone for helping me through this process.
congratulations!

can you share your list of documents?
and was it paper?

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
congratulations!

can you share your list of documents?
and what about medicals?

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hello,
I just got approval through the online account and want to share my experience:
I have applied online and submit my application on August 06th and got approval today so overall it takes 16 weeks from the date I submitted till getting the approval on the system.
So everybody and even on cic site , it says you must apply online pgwp extension due to expiry date of passport , so did you apply for extension online and if you did please tell me did you call cic agent before applying online?