+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

Jo986

Jul 1, 2020
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well given the circumstances.

I am currently PWGP holder with the permit expiring on November 10, 2020.

The timeline of my approval is a follows:
Received graduation confirmation - May 27, 2019
Submitted PGWP application - May 28, 2019
PGWP approval - September 9, 2019
PGWP expiry - November 20, 2020 (Same date as my passport expiry, TRV also due the same day)

From the timeline above, you can see that I was not given the full 3-year permit because of my passport expiry date and I would like to apply for an extension WITH A NEW PASSPORT. My understanding that to extend the PWGP, it has to be paper application. However, I am currently back in my home country (Malaysia) for the time being because of COVID-19 and I am just a little frustrated on the actual process of applying for extension because the IRCC was sending me in circles despite they wrote specifically that the application has to be on paper. But I have seen people applied online and was granted the extension, is this advisable if I am applying outside of Canada? Would that be the same to reapply for the TRV? Again, I emphasize that I am currently back in Malaysia, not in Canada. I just do not want to risk anything to waste time and money. I would also want to know, as an outland applicant, where do I send my extension application to if it is still paper-based?

Edit: I also read that paper applications are not processing because of COVID-19.

Thank you very much in advance. Stay safe everyone!

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hi all. I am concerened about processing of paper applications. I do not know if this was a good decision or maybe I could ask for online applications. How if they lose our documents? The web says 39 days for processing though it is almost two months that I am waiting. Is there someone in the same boat? Do you have any advice? I am getting anxious as the time passes...
Hello there!
Any news from your application? Were you able to link your application to the online portal?

Anmol Arora

Sep 3, 2017
Hi everyone
I applied for PGWP extension on 18th March this year on paper. This application is still pending in process with ircc though it was got linked to my online account in June. IRCC replied through web form query that we will process it as soon as possible and it is being delayed due to critical shortage of staff. I fear they have stopped processing paper applications and only online applications are being processed.
Due to delay in processing, I am stuck in India from last six months as my pgwp and trv expired in May during my visit to India and subsequently got stucking due to lockdowns+travel restrictions. I am unable to come back to Canada.
Some one in the same situation please suggest some way out or any one other please suggest to come out of the situation.

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hi everyone
I applied for PGWP extension on 18th March this year on paper. This application is still pending in process with ircc though it was got linked to my online account in June. IRCC replied through web form query that we will process it as soon as possible and it is being delayed due to critical shortage of staff. I fear they have stopped processing paper applications and only online applications are being processed.
Due to delay in processing, I am stuck in India from last six months as my pgwp and trv expired in May during my visit to India and subsequently got stucking due to lockdowns+travel restrictions. I am unable to come back to Canada.
Some one in the same situation please suggest some way out or any one other please suggest to come out of the situation.
Since March?? Woww! That's abnormally long! I think the best you can do is keep writing to them or have an acquaintance in Canada give them a call on your behalf.
Could you tell me how your application got linked to your online portal?

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi everyone

Hey Anmol,

I was in the same situation, I applied on paper for a PGWP extension on January 21,2020. I Link my application to the ICC website so I could follow the process on line. Luckily I just got the approval yesterday September 12, 2020. Although, It was a long time I got my permit so I hope yours will come soon.

Regards

Anmol Arora

Sep 3, 2017
Since March?? Woww! That's abnormally long! I think the best you can do is keep writing to them or have an acquaintance in Canada give them a call on your behalf.
Could you tell me how your application got linked to your online portal?
Keep on trying to link by entering your details on their website link for linking paper applications to online account. Of course you must have an online account before trying this. If not create it first. The day ircc enters your data in their server it will get linked to your account. After that you can track it online. That's all.

Anmol Arora

Sep 3, 2017
Hey Anmol,

I was in the same situation, I applied on paper for a PGWP extension on January 21,2020. I Link my application to the ICC website so I could follow the process on line. Luckily I just got the approval yesterday September 12, 2020. Although, It was a long time I got my permit so I hope yours will come soon.

Regards
Thanks for sharing. That means they are processing or have started processing the paper applications. I hope mine will also be processed by the end of this month. I am out of Canada and loosing my valuable months due to not working and can't complete 3 years experience. What about you?Did you remain in Canada on implied status after expiry of wp or there was sufficient time to expiry of wp. Is there any way out to get the lapsed time included in the next extension?

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Keep on trying to link by entering your details on their website link for linking paper applications to online account. Of course you must have an online account before trying this. If not create it first. The day ircc enters your data in their server it will get linked to your account. After that you can track it online. That's all.
Thank you so much for the information.
Have a nice day

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Thanks for sharing. That means they are processing or have started processing the paper applications. I hope mine will also be processed by the end of this month. I am out of Canada and loosing my valuable months due to not working and can't complete 3 years experience. What about you?Did you remain in Canada on implied status after expiry of wp or there was sufficient time to expiry of wp. Is there any way out to get the lapsed time included in the next extension?
Hey,

Yes, I remained in Canada and worked with an implied status for 2 months, my employer knew about the situation. Also, I changed Jobs while being in implied status and they were not worried about my situation. I

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
I was able to link my paper application to my online account. Please, does this mean they have started processing the application?

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I was able to link my paper application to my online account. Please, does this mean they have started processing the application?
it means they opened your application, verified it was complete and entered in the system.When did you apply? Did you receive an AOR?

Reactions: Mouftaou

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I sent it by mail on July 21st and they received it on July 23rd.
What is AOR?
Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is a letter that states that IRCC has received your application.. I applied the same date, they received it on July 22nd but I haven’t been able to link my application...

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is a letter that states that IRCC has received your application.. I applied the same date, they received it on July 22nd but I haven’t been able to link my application...
I have not received any postal mail from them until I linked my application to the online CIC portal. As soon as I linked it I received an email saying my paper application was successfully linked and that any future correspondence will be sent there. On my online CIC account I can see the file, its number and the day it was received.
But in your case how do you know the day they received it when you have not linked it yet?

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I have not received any postal mail from them until I linked my application to the online CIC portal. As soon as I linked it I received an email saying my paper application was successfully linked and that any future correspondence will be sent there. On my online CIC account I can see the file, its number and the day it was received.
But in your case how do you know the day they received it when you have not linked it yet?
I actually finally linked after I saw your post. I know they received that date because I paid for the Canada post tracker and checked when it was delivered.. my profile is exactly as yours.. now we have to wait.. I believe they are working with applications from April/may still...