+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed urgently

Taariqq

Oct 5, 2012
Leon said:
Overstay history in the US and deportation could make it very difficult for you to get a study permit in Canada.
You stopped me dead in the tracks Leon! I never thought of that. As much as I was happy, I am depressed now. But thank God I mentioned this and it came out, so at least I will be prepared ahead of time.

Leon said:
If this turns out to be a problem, you could try to see if you can get sponsored for PR directly before you even enter Canada. This may be possible with a skilled job offer and employee sponsorship. That is, instead of your cousin sponsoring you under family stream, he sponsors you as a worker in his store. However, the experience as a store manager may become a problem there. Another method you could try, if you do not qualify for PNP, look at the skilled worker program with an AEO. I believe that they are not quite as strict about having work experience in your AEO job offer.
Now, by God's grace, actually my last two years in US, I did work at a convenience store cum gas station as a night shift person. I can, perhaps, ask the owner to do me a favor and give the reference as a night shift manager. That job was only 7 years ago, so falls within the required 10-year period too.

Now I have to choose between 3 possible avenues, is that correct, if I want to use the shift manager experience. At least one of them seems like a federal program avenue, and federal skilled worker immigration is not only on hold for now, it would take years under that program (more like 5 years), correct? Well, it would from Pakistan anyways.

Skilled job offer and employee sponsorship, where my cousin sponsors me as a worker instead of family, still falls under SINP?

"However, the experience as a store manager may become a problem there." - could you elaborate on this? Did you mean to say that not having store manager experience may become a problem?

To me, being a bit unclear, it seems like there are two good options using the store manager option, family sponsorship and an employee.

By the way, that 2-year stint at the store, in Middleboro, MA, I worked under the table, that is I got paid cash ... would that cause a problem? Perhaps if CIC want out to confirm the job or something? ah man.

Leon, thanks much for all your detailed messages ... they are proving like a guiding light to me. I do have another friend, a partner with my cousin, who is very good in immigration issues. I will take your points and discuss with him as well. Hopefully we can come up with the best workable scenario.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taariqq said:
Now I have to choose between 3 possible avenues, is that correct, if I want to use the shift manager experience. At least one of them seems like a federal program avenue, and federal skilled worker immigration is not only on hold for now, it would take years under that program (more like 5 years), correct? Well, it would from Pakistan anyways.

Skilled job offer and employee sponsorship, where my cousin sponsors me as a worker instead of family, still falls under SINP?

"However, the experience as a store manager may become a problem there." - could you elaborate on this? Did you mean to say that not having store manager experience may become a problem?

To me, being a bit unclear, it seems like there are two good options using the store manager option, family sponsorship and an employee.

By the way, that 2-year stint at the store, in Middleboro, MA, I worked under the table, that is I got paid cash ... would that cause a problem? Perhaps if CIC want out to confirm the job or something? ah man.

Leon, thanks much for all your detailed messages ... they are proving like a guiding light to me. I do have another friend, a partner with my cousin, who is very good in immigration issues. I will take your points and discuss with him as well. Hopefully we can come up with the best workable scenario.
The federal skilled worker is not on hold for people with job offers, only for they most wanted occupations where a job offer is not needed. Unfortunately Islamabad is among the slowest visa offices. PNP directly for PR is also slow, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp 41 months for 80% of applications and for skilled worker, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp 44 months for 80% of the applications from 2008 - 2010.

I meant that the store manager experience could be a problem for you if you didn't have it but since you do have it, that's good. Ask your former boss to write you an experience letter. Canada immigration will not care that it was under the table work. They don't care if you overstay and work under the table as long as it is not in Canada.

Employee sponsorship would also be through the PNP, yes. Once you have been nominated by the PNP, you could try to apply for a work permit. You do not need a labour market opinion if you are a PNP nominee and your overstay would also be less of a problem.

Taariqq

Oct 5, 2012
Leon said:
It actually says that your job offer must be skilled and you must have at least 1 year experience in the past 10 in this "intended occupation" of yours. A job offer from your cousin would therefore not work for family stream unless he can offer you a position as a shift manager and you have some such experience in the past 10 years, see http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/family-referral
The family referral website mentions that the job offer has to be in NOC A or B. That does not cover store manager, does it? Another one we can strike off, perhaps :(

Taariqq

Oct 5, 2012
Leon said:
Employee sponsorship would also be through the PNP, yes. Once you have been nominated by the PNP, you could try to apply for a work permit. You do not need a labour market opinion if you are a PNP nominee and your overstay would also be less of a problem.
That's it then! My cousin sponsors me as a worker under PNP and it should not take 4-years either.
Okay Leon, I won't bother you anymore today. I will discuss this option with my cousin and his partner and will come back to get in touch with you, if need be, after a week or so.

God Bless.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taariqq said:
The family referral website mentions that the job offer has to be in NOC A or B. That does not cover store manager, does it? Another one we can strike off, perhaps :(
There is a "retail sales supervisor" in the NOC Matrix which is a skill level B job, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6211

Taariqq

Oct 5, 2012
Leon said:
There is a "retail sales supervisor" in the NOC Matrix which is a skill level B job, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6211
WOW, you day man. I think my case has just become stronger in front of my cousin, who was saying it is very tough and can't be done. Leon, if I do get to Canada, I will have God and then you to thank for.

Talk to you in a few days.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taariqq said:
WOW, you day man. I think my case has just become stronger in front of my cousin, who was saying it is very tough and can't be done. Leon, if I do get to Canada, I will have God and then you to thank for.

Talk to you in a few days.
Good luck.