+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed urgently

himz786

Oct 29, 2012
Hi everybody ...here is my situation ..I got my SINP but missed to apply for my work permit before expiry so have to apply for restoration and work permit which I already applied ..so now concern is shud I eligible to work till I get my work permit or not ?

If somebody know regarding this kind of issue please reply.

Thank you in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you had applied before your work permit expired, you would have had implied status and could have continued to work until you'd heard back. However, now your permit is expired, you did not apply for anything before it expired and therefore, you can not work until you have a new permit.

himz786

Oct 29, 2012
Thank you Leon and Chrishenders... I also come to know that i cann't work ..but i have heard that I can request a CIC for Authorisation letter to work till I get my New Work Permit ..is it possible?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never heard of it. Who told you that? You can try calling CIC and asking them.

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Hey Leon ,
could you please help me here

i got a bad news today my company went bankrupt .....what should i do now ? do i need to inform PNP now ?

what are the chances they will cancel my application .

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huh001 said:
i got a bad news today my company went bankrupt .....what should i do now ? do i need to inform PNP now ?

what are the chances they will cancel my application .
As far as I know, if you lose your job by the PNP sponsor before you get your PR, that usually means that you lose your application.

However, I think you should wait a bit before you tell them. The owner of the bankrupt company may find a way to keep things going after all. If you have truly lost your job, I think you have no choice but to tell the PNP.

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Thanks Leon , for you input.

i am an accountant . so i got rehired by trustee to help them in liquidation.but it will be temporary may be for a week or two. who knows ?should i wait to until i truly lose my job?

i called the PNP office today and she said it depend case by case .As i already did my medical more than four months ago. they said it is possible that they will continue with my application or put an hold until i find a job.they suggest me to inform them by a fax.

so my question is should i fax them tomorrow or should i wait until i am done there ?

how long usually we have before we inform them ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would still wait until you lose your job completely. Then you can fax them that your employer went bankrupt and you have lost your job. If you fax them now, you will say that your employer is bankrupt but you are still working. Then you'd have to fax them again in 1-2 weeks to tell them that you have lost your job.

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
True ....i will wait until i lost my job completely.

I have talked to my boss as well and he said he is willing to write a letter to PNP explaining what happen with company and his recommendation for me .

you think that will help ?

if so what i should get him to write on letter ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea if it will help but I am sure it will not hurt. You should also start to look for another job in case the PNP goes with the idea of waiting until you find another employer. Have you asked the PNP if you can use your nomination to apply for a work permit with a new employer so you don't need an LMO? If you can, it would make it easier for you.

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Thanks Leon . i really appreciate your help in this situation.

ya i already start looking for new job . hopefully i will get it soon.

i am on open work permit which is good for another 2 years so that is not a problem. but i just don't want to go through the whole process again ...it is very painful.

I did my medical back in July .and Ottawa mentioned that if i don't hear from them within 120 days of that letter .i should contact them. my 120 days are over today. but i am scared to contact them now as i don't have a job .

you think it will be a good idea to email them and ask for the status ?

according to them i should have got my PPR by today.but i think they don't really respect their own timeline.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So your application is very close to being completed then. That's good. Open work permit is also good. You don't have to worry about contacting them after exactly 120 days. I am sure they are not waiting for you to call. They will get in touch when they are ready.

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Thanks Leon.....i will wait until i lose my job completely .and will inform them after that...lets see what happens.

i hope there is nothing wrong in it as i am working for same company its just trustee gonna pay my salary.

no one know how long is Ottawa taking theses days?...i heard people saying when they email them after 120 days they gave them new timeline of 16 months even tho the initial email says 10 months.