+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hey I am in the same boat as well. My PGD-PMIR got a similar evaluation (two yrs of study at a non-recognized institution). I have used the contact us page to send them the urls to AIU / XLRI official site containing relevant recognition-related documents and hoping for a positive response from them. Do let me know if yours gets amended to a Master's degree.
Will do - please keep me posted as well, I did the same for now.

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
Guys, I see there have been posts on SPJCM/SPJSGM Global MBA questions after my post on this thread.

WES recognized my Global MBA degree in 2016; one of my batch mate also got his GMBA degree recognized as recent as in August 2017.

I am glad that many fellow GMBAs are coming to Canada. :)....

Please ensure you ask SP Jain (SPJCM) to send your transcripts to WES. SP Jain may take some fees for it; however its important SP Jain sends it to WES.

Cheers......

EDIT:
GMBA Folks: Do send me a PM and I will send you the SPJ contact person to contact to.
Hi

I just got my WES report and GMBA was not recognized. Is it because I chose Singapore as campus ? How should I rectify this? Any help would be appreciated

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Hi

I just got my WES report and GMBA was not recognized. Is it because I chose Singapore as campus ? How should I rectify this? Any help would be appreciated
I am not sure if you can really modify the WES application details for changing the location from Singapore to Sydney?? If you can not change the School location now, may be last resort is to create a fresh application again. I have seen WES been very adamant in such matters.
I graduated from Singapore(during my time it was still TWIN City program); however my degree certificate had Sydney. Hence I chose Sydney as School Location in my WES profile while submitting application.

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
I am not sure if you can really modify the WES application details for changing the location from Singapore to Sydney?? If you can not change the School location now, may be last resort is to create a fresh application again. I have seen WES been very adamant in such matters.
I graduated from Singapore(during my time it was still TWIN City program); however my degree certificate had Sydney. Hence I chose Sydney as School Location in my WES profile while submitting application.
Thanks for the reply. I also had Twin city program (Dubai / Singapore ) so I chose Singapore. My degree doesn’t have Sydney written on it as I graduated in 2010. Was your GMBA evaluation done straightaway or you also had to write to WES and get it recognized ? If you wrote to them and got it done then if you can share the details it would be really helpful. What about any other agency apart from WES which will recognize GMBA ? Also if you can share your email id/ contact no., I will be more than happy to get in touch with you. My personal email id is mayank9183@gmail.com

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Thanks for the reply. I also had Twin city program (Dubai / Singapore ) so I chose Singapore. My degree doesn’t have Sydney written on it as I graduated in 2010. Was your GMBA evaluation done straightaway or you also had to write to WES and get it recognized ? If you wrote to them and got it done then if you can share the details it would be really helpful. What about any other agency apart from WES which will recognize GMBA ? Also if you can share your email id/ contact no., I will be more than happy to get in touch with you. My personal email id is mayank9183@gmail.com
Mine was straight through. At your time was SPj GMBA degree from NSW Australia? Can you tell what entities names mentioned on the degree ? And what locations mentioned on the degree ?

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
Mine was straight through. At your time was SPj GMBA degree from NSW Australia? Can you tell what entities names mentioned on the degree ? And what locations mentioned on the degree ?
At my time it was not from NSW Australia. Name mentioned on degree are SP Jain Center of Management Dubai, Singapore and SPJIMR, Mumbai

Jj80

Jan 26, 2018
Hi All ,

I passed out from SCMHRD and my PGDM has not been recognized as well.

Will it suffice to send across the links of AICTE and AIU or does one need to get letters from the college and send it to them ?

Is it better to get the evaluation done again from ICAS or one of the other parties as such ?

Look forward to your inputs ! Not recognizing the masters degree alters the score by a whopping 35 points ! Appreciate everyone’s views.

rohitgpta699

Feb 2, 2018
Not sure why they did this for SP JAIN, I am from IMI New Delhi and I didn't have to share anything extra, they recognized the degree. Providing AIU and AICTE would help.
Hi,

I came across your post mentioning that you did your post graduation from IMI, Delhi.
My wife graduated from the same college, however we are finding it difficult to understand how to enter IMI details in WES.
The question where we are stuck is at Institution Type? Which option in the drop-down to select?
I would really appreciate if you can advise us on how enter IMI details?

Thanks

ssukrit

Jan 29, 2018
Hello guys,
I did my full time 2 years MBA(PGDM) from IIM Raipur. I recently got my WES evaluation report and was shocked to see that the IIM degree got a Postgraduate diploma(1 year) evaluation.

Can you let me know how to get it upgraded by WES to Masters equivalency?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello guys,
I did my full time 2 years MBA(PGDM) from IIM Raipur. I recently got my WES evaluation report and was shocked to see that the IIM degree got a Postgraduate diploma(1 year) evaluation.

Can you let me know how to get it upgraded by WES to Masters equivalency?
try another agency if you want. you have to realize the education levels around the world are not the same. so what is a master's somewhere isn't one elsewhere

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
WES revised my ECA

Jan 16. 2018 (original ECA)
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Awarded By: Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential

After submitting AICTE and AIU reports

Feb 06, 2018 (Revised ECA)

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Major/Specialization: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Hope this helps?

sourav.sg

Jan 17, 2018
WES revised my ECA

Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution

Hope this helps?

Thanks. They revised mine too. Whatever made them see the light of day! BTW will they be sending across a hard copy of the revised report or do we need to order it separately after paying again? Also, is the hard copy required at any stage of the PR process ?

Reactions: baggy

ravi4919

Feb 22, 2018
WES revised my ECA

Hope this helps?
Hi shinyjoshua,

Congrats... which reports did you send ?
Can you share an exact copy with me, please ?

regards
ravi p

CandaianDream

Feb 25, 2018
WES revised my ECA

Hope this helps?
Hi, I am from XLRI too, and I also got the assessment of Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution for my 2 year full time PGDM HRM course. Can you please share the documents you sent to WES when you applied for a re-evaluation

sourav.sg

Jan 17, 2018
Just send them a mail using their online enquiry page stating your reference no and mentioning that the evaluation has been incorrectly done. Also include hyperlinks to the XL website where all the necessary accreditation-related documents have been uploaded. That should suffice. No documents need to be sent physically based on my experience.

Hi, I am from XLRI too, and I also got the assessment of Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution for my 2 year full time PGDM HRM course. Can you please share the documents you sent to WES when you applied for a re-evaluation