+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

jayaram89

Mar 23, 2018
Hi,

I am also an alumnus of XLRI. I have understood something from the post. The credential and major mentioned in the revised ECA is exactly the same mentioned in our degree certificates. And the first evaluation had them wrongly mentioned. Is that the reason why it was categorised as unrecognized course in the beginning?

WES revised my ECA

Jan 16. 2018 (original ECA)
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Awarded By: Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential

After submitting AICTE and AIU reports

Feb 06, 2018 (Revised ECA)

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Major/Specialization: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Hope this helps?
WES revised my ECA

Jan 16. 2018 (original ECA)
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential

After submitting AICTE and AIU reports

Feb 06, 2018 (Revised ECA)

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Major/Specialization: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Hope this helps?

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

I am also an alumnus of XLRI. I have understood something from the post. The credential and major mentioned in the revised ECA is exactly the same mentioned in our degree certificates. And the first evaluation had them wrongly mentioned. Is that the reason why it was categorised as unrecognized course in the beginning?
WES is just unwilling to grow up that's all :)

The data that you see against the degree is fed by us and not them, so they made some mistake in their own evaluation and later rectified it.

philipgeo88

Apr 14, 2018
No doubt XLRI is top institute. Not sure if the issue is with cat vs xat institute or college vs university. You may check with them why XLRI isn't recognized. Send them url of AICTE approved college list.

I have done pgdm from mdi. They said institute is recognized but degree equivalence was given as 2 or more bachelor degree. Upon query, they revised the Wes report and updated equivalence as masters. Hence there is possibility of error in Wes evaluation.
Having done a PGDM from an AICTE approved college, Whom should I contact for the attestation of my Statement of Marks/Marks Sheet?

WES says, "Mark sheets must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the State Board of Technical Education."

Who is this Authentication officer? & Is AICTE/my College the State Board of Technical Education?

philipgeo88

Apr 14, 2018
WES is just unwilling to grow up that's all :)

The data that you see against the degree is fed by us and not them, so they made some mistake in their own evaluation and later rectified it.
@shinyjoshua what should I select as Type of Education (PGDM from AICTE approved college)
Whom should I contact for mark sheet attestation/sealed envelope? - My college/AICTE ?

I have PM'd you as well.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
@shinyjoshua what should I select as Type of Education (PGDM from AICTE approved college)
Whom should I contact for mark sheet attestation/sealed envelope? - My college/AICTE ?

I have PM'd you as well.
Having done a PGDM from an AICTE approved college, Whom should I contact for the attestation of my Statement of Marks/Marks Sheet?

WES says, "Mark sheets must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the State Board of Technical Education."

Who is this Authentication officer? & Is AICTE/my College the State Board of Technical Education?
Contact your college, they will send the marksheet either to WES or to you in a sealed and stamped envelop that you can further send to WES

Type of education is Masters degree

kumar2222

Apr 25, 2018
Hi guys , Give an idea do we need a separate certificate to show 2 year course of PGP/PGDM (IIM) is AIU/AICTE certified or same declaration at the overleaf of marks sheet will do?

Also, Is AICTE certification also necessary? My degree as only AIU certification. Guide.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi guys , Give an idea do we need a separate certificate to show 2 year course of PGP/PGDM (IIM) is AIU/AICTE certified or same declaration at the overleaf of marks sheet will do?

Also, Is AICTE certification also necessary? My degree as only AIU certification. Guide.
You don’t need to declare anything besides what WES has asked you for. I see a lot of questions about "shall I send AICTE / AiU" etc. etc.

What probably is not clear from this forum is that not everyone needs to submit AICTE ACCREDITATION

It’s only when WES asks you or you want to challenge their output that’s when these measures are needed

No point sending it proactively because they seek these letters in specific format besides the accreditions need to be for your course in the year when you did it.

Just send what they have asked for in the format they have asked for

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018

Hey you got any response???
As I am planning for MBA from university which is AIU approved but not AICTE.

kumar2222

Apr 25, 2018
Hey you got any response???
As I am planning for MBA from university which is AIU approved but not AICTE.
I am still in early stage. As far as i know now, Just go ahead with the WES evaluation and if they ask then show them accreditation. I don't know at this stage whether only AIU approved will work, somebody who has faced the similar situation and has been through the evaluation can comment.

as i understand your case, you are still to do an MBA and are planning for canada stuff via PR route post -MBA, is it?

shini.oommen

Apr 27, 2018
Hi,
I am from XIMB as well 2009 batch

My degree was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to arrange AIU equivalence certificate awarded to XIMB for your batch and AICTE approval certificate for both years of study awarded to our college.

Chk with Dean's ofc, they will give it and send it along with a cover letter and transcripts

u can PM me if u need further information
Hi, Did you send the AIU and AICTE certificates by post? I shared the required links with WES through the Contact Us page, but they are not ready to look into it. And they don't have an email ID to which I can attach files and/or screenshots?

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
Their list contains some local college, not even IIMs, IMT, MDI etc. but my colleagues from these institutes got their degrees assessed as 'Masters' from 'Recognized' institutes.
Hi,

Do you have any idea what is WES equivalent of PGDM(Finance) regular 2 years from IMT Ghaziabad, is it masters or two or more certificates.

kumar2222

Apr 25, 2018
Hello guys,
I did my full time 2 years MBA(PGDM) from IIM Raipur. I recently got my WES evaluation report and was shocked to see that the IIM degree got a Postgraduate diploma(1 year) evaluation.

Can you let me know how to get it upgraded by WES to Masters equivalency?

Any update on what you did? Any movement? any suggestions?

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
They even not assess Sikkim Manipal University, India Degrees, So I applied through IQAS and successfully received my report with all the degress considered.