+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

RedDevil21

Aug 10, 2017
I am on the same boat!
2011-2013 XIMB PGDM passout..
The report says not recognised! :(
Any pointers/ suggestions?
Hi,
I am from XIMB as well 2009 batch

My degree was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to arrange AIU equivalence certificate awarded to XIMB for your batch and AICTE approval certificate for both years of study awarded to our college.

Chk with Dean's ofc, they will give it and send it along with a cover letter and transcripts

u can PM me if u need further information

CanadaAim

Nov 8, 2017
Hi Did anyone got their XLRI degree assessed as Master's Degree for PGDBM course (2 years regular Business Management course), Any guidance will help.
What additional documents needs to be submitted. How do we submit that, and how do we get those documents. Anyone from XLRI, if they have done that it would be great help.

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Guys, I have the same question like as people have.
I tried evaluating my Masters degree on WES Tool for Canada immigration purpose, but unfortunately it is not in list ( although it is renowned university ).
Can someone help me here, i tried finding out the answers on this forum but did not get them completely.

Please help , Any alternate.
Inder

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
These are my results:

1. Without submitting AIU and AICTE documents:

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2014
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Institution Status: Non-recognized
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

2. After submitting these documents:

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Institution Status: Program-based recognition - recognized program
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree
Your PG Diploma in Management from Xavier Institute of Management was compared to a Master's by WES. So did you claim points for Masters when applying for Express Entry?

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Hi there, I got my ECA done and MBA from spjcm is marked as masters from non recognized institution, how should I take it forward? Do I have to mail them some proofs of University?
The course which you did from SPJAIN, should be AICTE recognised.
if its recognised then gather the same details from your college, and then open the query to WES.

Also check on google and this forum as to which all courses are recognised by WES.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Their list contains some local college, not even IIMs, IMT, MDI etc. but my colleagues from these institutes got their degrees assessed as 'Masters' from 'Recognized' institutes.
Hi, I am on the same boat, XLRI alum got my ECA done from WES and it says - can you guide me how to get this resolved?

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Awarded By: Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential

1. I have used their 'contact us' page to reply to them with URLs of AICTE and AIU - do I need to get those documents mailed to WES?
2. Is there anything else I can say write to make them reconsider?

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Hi, I am on the same boat, XLRI alum got my ECA done from WES and it says - can you guide me how to get this resolved?

1. I have used their 'contact us' page to reply to them with URLs of AICTE and AIU - do I need to get those documents mailed to WES?
yes you have to open your case again with WES and provide them the AICTE and AIU details.
make sure you explain the same

Reactions: shinyjoshua

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
yes you have to open your case again with WES and provide them the AICTE and AIU details.
make sure you explain the same
This Just came in - does this mean, they'd reevaluate? or do I need to do anything else?

"Thank you for contacting us with your concerns about your completed evaluation.

Your WES evaluation report will be reviewed. If it contains any errors, we will make the appropriate changes and reissue your evaluation report to you and any recipients. If we are unable to make the changes you are requesting we will notify you in writing."

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
This Just came in - does this mean, they'd reevaluate? or do I need to do anything else?

"Thank you for contacting us with your concerns about your completed evaluation.

Your WES evaluation report will be reviewed. If it contains any errors, we will make the appropriate changes and reissue your evaluation report to you and any recipients. If we are unable to make the changes you are requesting we will notify you in writing."
Yes, they would indeed issue corrected ECA report.. Faced similar issue with IQAS for NITIE's masters evaluation but on following up with proofs, they issued corrected report. It got evaluated as 'Two Year Graduate Diploma program' though and not Masters!

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Yes, they would indeed issue corrected ECA report.. Faced similar issue with IQAS for NITIE's masters evaluation but on following up with proofs, they issued corrected report. It got evaluated as 'Two Year Graduate Diploma program' though and not Masters!
Thank you so much for the response - when you say 'following up with proofs' did you email or physically mail them? Or sharing URLs is enough? Just trying to find out what I need to do.

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Thank you so much for the response - when you say 'following up with proofs' did you email or physically mail them? Or sharing URLs is enough? Just trying to find out what I need to do.
Emails with screenshots and URLs of authentic sources such as AICTE, MHRD, NBA etc.

sourav.sg

Jan 17, 2018

Hey I am in the same boat as well. My PGD-PMIR got a similar evaluation (two yrs of study at a non-recognized institution). I have used the contact us page to send them the urls to AIU / XLRI official site containing relevant recognition-related documents and hoping for a positive response from them. Do let me know if yours gets amended to a Master's degree.