+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Not sure why they did this for SP JAIN, I am from IMI New Delhi and I didn't have to share anything extra, they recognized the degree. Providing AIU and AICTE would help.

Reactions: sekar90

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi,

I was in a similar situation.

I submitted letters from institution stating the aicte accreditation.

Unfortunately, they didn't change their decision

I remember someone had a similar issue and they wrote WES an email requesting them to reconsider their decision. Probably also provided an explanation that their Institute was recognized by their Country etc. I also think WES re-evaluated and changed their decision. Maybe give that a try.

All the Best.

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You need to prove that your program is approved (not just your institution)

While you await reply from WES, try to arrange for docs that support the AICTE accreditation

Yes friends, I have already dropped them a mail requesting the same.

If there is any other way, kindly advise please....

marora.1985

Jun 22, 2017
So in that case I need to submit the application again along with these two documents. Not sure if that will work.

Not sure why they did this for SP JAIN, I am from IMI New Delhi and I didn't have to share anything extra, they recognized the degree. Providing AIU and AICTE would help.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
These are my results:

1. Without submitting AIU and AICTE documents:

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2014
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Institution Status: Non-recognized
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

2. After submitting these documents:

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Year: 2014
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Institution Status: Program-based recognition - recognized program
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree
Hi,
I was a student of XIMB from 2013-15. After I joined XIMB, it got affiliated to XUB, in 2014. I have an MBA degree now, which states that XIMB is an autonomous institute affiliated to Xavier University, Bhubanswar. Can you please guide me regarding the process. I have created my WES profile and made the payment. I have mentioned Xavier University Bhubansewar instead of XIMB in my profile as XUB is teh governing body now. I do not want my application to be rejected. Please help.

Thanks.

SinghAiroli

Oct 13, 2017
I had a bad experience with WES. Following is my report from WES:

Country of Education: India

1. Bachelor of Engineering: properly evaluated
Canadian equivalent: 4 year bachelors.

2. 2 year Post graduate diploma in Finance(Distance learning) from Welingkar institute of management and development(Mumbai)
WES say Course is from Non-Recognised institution.

I checked all the details on UGC-DEB.... This course is very well recognised and accredited by UGC-Distance Education bureau.

I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge and final said, "Course might be recognised but there is no Canadian equivalent "

My First Question to all:

Does Canada not have distance learning 2 year post graduate programs?

What can be alternate option to get it evaluated properly and get atleast some canadian equivalent?

I entered into EE pool in june 2017 and my CRS is 412.
My problem is I'm losing 32 points on CRS score because of it. Please help

SinghAiroli

Oct 13, 2017
Friends am too caught in same situation as WES stated the below. Is there any solution that the below will be considered by any ECA.
I saw one the internet that this course is approved by AICTE

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2015
Awarded by: Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research - Distance Learning
Major/Specialization: E-Business
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

I am also in the same boat.. I have done same course..

FYI.. these courses are approved by UGC DEB but not AICTE. I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge.

Finally they said, the course might be recognised by indian UGC but there is no Canadian equivalent... I told them..in that case WES should change the wording and atleast say something like "course from recognised institution but canadian equivalencey can remain uncomparable"

I got fedup following with them..

They won't change it.

I am in EE pool since june, I have CRS 412 and because of above problem i m losing 32 points which is a MAKE or Break..

I am trying to find alternate solution....

Have you got it recognised from any other ECA institute ? or What is WES saying? Please do reply...

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
I am also in the same boat.. I have done same course..

FYI.. these courses are approved by UGC DEB but not AICTE. I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge.

Finally they said, the course might be recognised by indian UGC but there is no Canadian equivalent... I told them..in that case WES should change the wording and atleast say something like "course from recognised institution but canadian equivalencey can remain uncomparable"

I got fedup following with them..

They won't change it.

I am in EE pool since june, I have CRS 412 and because of above problem i m losing 32 points which is a MAKE or Break..

I am trying to find alternate solution....

Have you got it recognised from any other ECA institute ? or What is WES saying? Please do reply...
Hi WES, havent yet replied.
my friend asked me to check if ICAS or other institute recognizes this course.

You too check if any other institute are recognizing the same.

Princesood

Oct 30, 2017
Hey Guys,

I did my PGPM (Finance) from SPJIMR and I got following result.

Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study at non-recognized institution.

Moreover, I got the information from SPJIMR that - AICTE has approved the PGPM Programme, under the nomenclature 'PGDM (Executive)'. I also wrote to AMBA, UK and they are ready to issue letter of recognition.

(You can find those AICTE approval letters on SPJIMR website)

While I am pursuing with WES, presently, am I eligible to claim for - "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"?

Please also share if someone could succeed getting PGPM recognized through WES.
Hi
Hey Guys,

I did my PGPM (Finance) from SPJIMR and I got following result.

Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study at non-recognized institution.

Moreover, I got the information from SPJIMR that - AICTE has approved the PGPM Programme, under the nomenclature 'PGDM (Executive)'. I also wrote to AMBA, UK and they are ready to issue letter of recognition.

(You can find those AICTE approval letters on SPJIMR website)

While I am pursuing with WES, presently, am I eligible to claim for - "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"?

Please also share if someone could succeed getting PGPM recognized through WES.
Hi, can you share your contact details, I'm also facing the same issue. Mine id pgpm2017.prince@spjimr.org

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
This is a very long message, but I hope it will help some!

I want to share my experience with WES regarding the evaluation of my PGDM degree.

My initial ECA report released on 6th September read:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Management Studies
Year: 2009
Awarded by: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Management Studies
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2013
Awarded by: SIES College of Management Studies
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

The repercussion - Lost 33 points on CRS.

On 7th September, I wrote to them mentioning that my institution is recognised by AICTE and also presented the link to check it.

On 16th September, received a specific reply from WES - Institution recognition is not important. It is the program that needs to be recognised. If I wish, my institution could submit documentary proof and they would consider re evaluating.

On 18th September, I submitted - Bonafide letter from college + Letter from AICTE mentioning the Reference ID for the institution and program in a sealed envelope.

On 20th September, it was received at wes and file went into review.

On 4th October, they replied that it is not recognised and the report stays as it is (It is an automated message with one or two sentences added).

On 5th October - I wrote to them (a little bluntly) asking what exactly do they want. I had submitted everything possible.

Lull period till 2nd Nov (with no response)

On 3rd November, received a mail stating my evaluation is complete on 6th September. I thought this meant PERIOD, we are not going to entertain more requests from you.
However, out of curiosity, went to recheck my ECA report and noticed the following:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Two Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Management Studies
Year: 2009
Awarded by: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Management Studies

2. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2013
Awarded by: SIES College of Management Studies

This means I can now claim for 2 or more post secondary degrees.

WHy I posted this is - Please do not lose hope by one or two negative responses from them. I know they take ages to respond. But please do take it up sincerely and persistently if you have enough proof and can provide the status of your institution. It took 2 whole months for me.

Hope this helps atleast someone :) :)

best wishes

daman_aurora

Sep 22, 2014
Hi,
I was a student of XIMB from 2013-15. After I joined XIMB, it got affiliated to XUB, in 2014. I have an MBA degree now, which states that XIMB is an autonomous institute affiliated to Xavier University, Bhubanswar. Can you please guide me regarding the process. I have created my WES profile and made the payment. I have mentioned Xavier University Bhubansewar instead of XIMB in my profile as XUB is teh governing body now. I do not want my application to be rejected. Please help.

Thanks.
I am on the same boat!
2011-2013 XIMB PGDM passout..
The report says not recognised! :(
Any pointers/ suggestions?

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I am on the same boat!
2011-2013 XIMB PGDM passout..
The report says not recognised! :(
Any pointers/ suggestions?
I am from 2015 batch and received an MBA degree due to the institute's affiliation to Xavier University. I received a positive report because of the affiliation and MBA degree. Some of the seniors with PGDM diploma, received a negative report at first. But after sending a mail to WES, with the details about XIMB's recognition under AIU or UGC, their reports were upgraded and they received a Master's equivalency. You can check AIU's website to get a list of PGDM institutes which are recognized by AIU and email the same to WES. They'll get back to you with the upgraded report in about 10-12 days. Rest assured that XIMB's PGDM is considered equivalent to MBA in Canada, but WES might take some time to upgrade the report.

Wish you luck!!

maryjantony

Nov 7, 2017
I have an MBA from SP Jain and they refused to recognize it. I asked for reevaluation and the same thing. Asked SP Jain to intervene and they said they are helpless on this issue.

They don't recognize bschools from India for some reason..
Hi - what was the decision of your reevaluation? Did you get a positive response?

I am in the same boat - my degree was not recognized as equivalent to a Canadian degree. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maryjantony

Nov 7, 2017
Guys, I see there have been posts on SPJCM/SPJSGM Global MBA questions after my post on this thread.

WES recognized my Global MBA degree in 2016; one of my batch mate also got his GMBA degree recognized as recent as in August 2017.

I am glad that many fellow GMBAs are coming to Canada. :)....

Please ensure you ask SP Jain (SPJCM) to send your transcripts to WES. SP Jain may take some fees for it; however its important SP Jain sends it to WES.

Cheers......

EDIT:
GMBA Folks: Do send me a PM and I will send you the SPJ contact person to contact to.

Hi,

I had the trascripts sent directly from the instituition, but WES has evaluated it as "post secondary study" and not equivalent to a Canadian degree. Any pointers on what can be done?

Thanks.