+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

May 2, 2018
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, though I am following the group for quite many months now.

My query is: Does WES/any other agency evaluates Nursery Teachers Training diploma (this is one year diploma from All India Pre-Primary Teachers Vocational Training, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India)? Has anyone got it done so far?

I wrote to WES twice but they responded with a standard answer.

My IELTS score is 8 overall and a B.Com (3 years degree evaluated by WES). I just completed NTT and if this is accepted, my score will jump from 409 to a decent one.

Appreciate suggestions/responses.

Thanks!

May 16, 2018
Anybody on this thread from IIM and got their degree recognized as Masters from WES? Kindly suggest the steps..
Hi All,

I want to share how this thread helped me revise my WES evaluation for 2 year PGDM (mostly in IIMs, XLRI, XIMB etc.) from non recognized to Master's degree.

1. I obtained only the transcripts from my college (XIMB) and sent along with my graduation transcripts to WES on 30th March.
2. On 3rd May, 2018 I received my WES evaluation stating my graduation is recognized as 4 years equivalent to Canadian Bachelors but my PGDM is not recognized.
3. I came across this thread on 3rd May and immediately reached out to XIMB to send me the AICTE and AIU approvals for the years of study applicable to me along with a cover letter stating that the institute and the PGDM program is well recognized by AICTE and AIU.
4. On 7th May, I received through courier the documents from my college and the same day I raised a request for re-evaluation in the Contact Us section of WES and also couriered the documents to WES Canada.
5. No response from 7th May till 14th May, only update from my DHL courier was that the documents were received by WES on 9th May.
6. On 16th May, i.e. yesterday, WES replied "Your WES evaluation report will be reviewed. If it contains any errors, we will make the appropriate changes and reissue your evaluation report to you and any recipients. If we are unable to make the changes you are requesting we will notify you in writing."
7. On 17th May, I got another mail " We have reviewed and updated your evaluation report. A revised evaluation report will be issued to you and any recipients you had requested. We apologize for any inconvenience caused." and I also got my PGDM assessed as Masters.
8. All thanks to the people on this group who had shared their experience which helped me expedite and get my re-evaluation done faster.

kumar2222

Apr 25, 2018
Hi All,

I want to share how this thread helped me revise my WES evaluation for 2 year PGDM (mostly in IIMs, XLRI, XIMB etc.) from non recognized to Master's degree.

1. I obtained only the transcripts from my college (XIMB) and sent along with my graduation transcripts to WES on 30th March.
2. On 3rd May, 2018 I received my WES evaluation stating my graduation is recognized as 4 years equivalent to Canadian Bachelors but my PGDM is not recognized.
3. I came across this thread on 3rd May and immediately reached out to XIMB to send me the AICTE and AIU approvals for the years of study applicable to me along with a cover letter stating that the institute and the PGDM program is well recognized by AICTE and AIU.
4. On 7th May, I received through courier the documents from my college and the same day I raised a request for re-evaluation in the Contact Us section of WES and also couriered the documents to WES Canada.
5. No response from 7th May till 14th May, only update from my DHL courier was that the documents were received by WES on 9th May.
6. On 16th May, i.e. yesterday, WES replied "Your WES evaluation report will be reviewed. If it contains any errors, we will make the appropriate changes and reissue your evaluation report to you and any recipients. If we are unable to make the changes you are requesting we will notify you in writing."
7. On 17th May, I got another mail " We have reviewed and updated your evaluation report. A revised evaluation report will be issued to you and any recipients you had requested. We apologize for any inconvenience caused." and I also got my PGDM assessed as Masters.
8. All thanks to the people on this group who had shared their experience which helped me expedite and get my re-evaluation done faster.
great...good to hear that...one more thing...Only the transcript needs to be sealed envelope right? for degrees, we can just do a photocopy and send it? or am i missing out anything here? guide.

kumar2222

Apr 25, 2018
Guys - Quick help. Do we need to send just a photocopy of our degree certificates right? And only transcript of marks must be attested and sealed by respective college in the envelope . right?

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Guys - Quick help. Do we need to send just a photocopy of our degree certificates right? And only transcript of marks must be attested and sealed by respective college in the envelope . right?
Hi,

Your transcripts have to be sent by the university (or autonomous college) in a sealed envelope. Some universities also send a copy of the degree certificate alongwith the transcripts. In case the university does not send the copy of the degree certificate, you can send the copy separately.

mjacob18

May 10, 2018
Hello,

My masters from SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai, in PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology Management Studies) hasn't been recognized by WES. I sent an appeal to them last month with Bonafide Certificates from College, proving course equivalency to MBA and the AICTE approval for my College. I was the first batch from my college for this course and unfortunately my batch does not have AICTE approval for the course. Do I request WES once more? Any other document I could possibly provide? Has anybody else faced a similar situation and then eventually got WES recognition? Would really appreciate some help. Thank you!

Jun 19, 2018
Your PG Diploma in Management from Xavier Institute of Management was compared to a Master's by WES. So did you claim points for Masters when applying for Express Entry?
Hi Rubinderjit,

Can you tell me what were the final docs you sent from your institute for WES to consider it as a Masters?

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Friends,

Need your suggestion .

I have a question regarding evaluation of Degrees.
When i checked in WES DEGREE EQUIVALENCY TOOL, my institute ( IMT CDL - for Distance learning) name was not given ( not able to get in auto search and shows no search found ).

Moreover when i tried using actual process flow for credential evaluation after creating the WES account it is clearly accepting the institute name ( IMT CDL - for distance learning ) so i am really confused, will WES evaluate Masters from IMT CDL - for distance learning and provide canadian degree equivalency result or not.

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Friends,

Need your suggestion .

I have a question regarding evaluation of Degrees.
When i checked in WES DEGREE EQUIVALENCY TOOL, my institute ( IMT CDL - for Distance learning) name was not given ( not able to get in auto search and shows no search found ).

Moreover when i tried using actual process flow for credential evaluation after creating the WES account it is clearly accepting the institute name ( IMT CDL - for distance learning ) so i am really confused, will WES evaluate Masters from IMT CDL - for distance learning and provide canadian degree equivalency result or not.
write a message to them using web form.

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Similar status for me..
Did Executive part time MBA from IIFT, New Delhi.

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Capital and Financial Markets
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: Capital and Financial Markets
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

However, with their Canadian equivalency I am unable to find a suitable program on the below list
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
My husband's full time PGDM from IMT has not been given Master's equivalency, I know for sure some people from IMT got Masters equivalency. Can anyone please help what should be the next steps of action?

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
This Just came in - does this mean, they'd reevaluate? or do I need to do anything else?

"Thank you for contacting us with your concerns about your completed evaluation.

Your WES evaluation report will be reviewed. If it contains any errors, we will make the appropriate changes and reissue your evaluation report to you and any recipients. If we are unable to make the changes you are requesting we will notify you in writing."
Hi,

Did you just contact them from contact us page or follow any specific steps to re-open your case.. Also, did your report get updated?

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hi,
After 2 months of long wait I finally received WES report today, but a disappointing one. I was expecting that my PGDM (approved equivalent to MBA by AIU) will be of Masters equivalency of Canada. But, it is reported as a Bachelors Degree (4 years). But the surprising part is my classmate who did the same course in the same year from the same class got it evaluated as Masters just 2 months back. I have raised this to WES through their Contact Us link. Anyone has any other suggestions to get it reevaluated?

Reactions: aamir69

ritika1685

Aug 4, 2018
Guys, I see there have been posts on SPJCM/SPJSGM Global MBA questions after my post on this thread.

WES recognized my Global MBA degree in 2016; one of my batch mate also got his GMBA degree recognized as recent as in August 2017.

I am glad that many fellow GMBAs are coming to Canada. :)....

Please ensure you ask SP Jain (SPJCM) to send your transcripts to WES. SP Jain may take some fees for it; however its important SP Jain sends it to WES.

Cheers......

EDIT:
GMBA Folks: Do send me a PM and I will send you the SPJ contact person to contact to.
Hello , I am facing teh same issue..how can i reach you directly...I coundn't direct message you..