+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

nikkidavi

Nov 4, 2018
I am from 2015 batch and received an MBA degree due to the institute's affiliation to Xavier University. I received a positive report because of the affiliation and MBA degree. Some of the seniors with PGDM diploma, received a negative report at first. But after sending a mail to WES, with the details about XIMB's recognition under AIU or UGC, their reports were upgraded and they received a Master's equivalency. You can check AIU's website to get a list of PGDM institutes which are recognized by AIU and email the same to WES. They'll get back to you with the upgraded report in about 10-12 days. Rest assured that XIMB's PGDM is considered equivalent to MBA in Canada, but WES might take some time to upgrade the report.

Wish you luck!!
Hi Tarun,
Could you please guide me with the process to get transcripts from XIMB, can it be done online?
-Nihitha

Akots

Nov 6, 2018
These are my results:

1. Without submitting AIU and AICTE documents:

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2014
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Institution Status: Non-recognized
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

2. After submitting these documents:

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Year: 2014
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
Institution Status: Program-based recognition - recognized program
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Hello, what documents did you provide to prove the following?
1. AIU equivalence of MBA
2. AICTE recognition certificate

Reactions: salmanmukkhi

fobindian

Nov 18, 2018
Hi People,

Can someone please help me out with this...I wish to emigrate to canada and am going to sign up for an MA-english degree with IGNOU to improve my CRS score. can someone tell me this degree's WES equivalency report??Do they recognise this ? If yes, then as a masters or just an additional degree?

spjalma

Nov 19, 2018
Hello mate, I also completed my GMBA in 2008 and it was twin city. which year did u complete your course and how did you manage to get a sydney certificate?
Also need help from this forum on how to get my 2008 GMBA approved by WES.
Thankyou!

I am not sure if you can really modify the WES application details for changing the location from Singapore to Sydney?? If you can not change the School location now, may be last resort is to create a fresh application again. I have seen WES been very adamant in such matters.
I graduated from Singapore(during my time it was still TWIN City program); however my degree certificate had Sydney. Hence I chose Sydney as School Location in my WES profile while submitting application.

salmanmukkhi

Nov 10, 2018
Hey can you plz share your contact no
I need to talk to you..brother i am stuck for the same reason as you were? WES sucks?

salmanmukkhi

Nov 10, 2018
Hey can you plz share your contact no
I need to talk to you..brother i am stuck for the same reason as you were? WES sucks?

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Hi,
After 2 months of long wait I finally received WES report today, but a disappointing one. I was expecting that my PGDM (approved equivalent to MBA by AIU) will be of Masters equivalency of Canada. But, it is reported as a Bachelors Degree (4 years). But the surprising part is my classmate who did the same course in the same year from the same class got it evaluated as Masters just 2 months back. I have raised this to WES through their Contact Us link. Anyone has any other suggestions to get it reevaluated?
ANY inputs from them ?

optimus87k

Nov 25, 2018
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
VADODARA
Hello guys,
I did my full time 2 years MBA(PGDM) from IIM Raipur. I recently got my WES evaluation report and was shocked to see that the IIM degree got a Postgraduate diploma(1 year) evaluation.

Can you let me know how to get it upgraded by WES to Masters equivalency?
Hi I am completed 2 PGP from IIM Trichy and I am currently in same dilemma.....What did you do?

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
Hi any progress? I am in the same boat year 2010
I am seeing a lot of ppl with issues with spjcm gmba not recognized. The thing is the Sydney one is recognized, but 2012-13 onwards. All gmbas before that are screwed. Dont bother with the second spjimr pgpm because thats not recognized either until 2012.

Heard IQAS recognizes it. But that is a 6 month procedure. Good luck!!

jd151218

Jan 3, 2019
same with IIFT also , they have changed policy i guess , and started awarding masters only to selective IIM's and IIT's .
I have done a 2 year full-time PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad - although it is recognized by WES, the ECA report mentions 'Post graduate diploma (1 year)'. Firstly, WES treated it as a 1 year program instead of 2 years and secondly, they treated it as PG Diploma and not Masters. Interesting fact is that my batchmates got the WES ECA evaluation as Masters about 10-12 months ago. Now, I am not only shocked but clueless too about how I can raise a dispute with WES.

Reactions: aamir69

chirag171987

Jan 9, 2019
Hi Canpri,

I can't thank you enough for highlighting this. I had been in a similar situation from a different institute though. My initial report was released on 15th Sep 2018 with my PG being not recognized. I followed up with WES just like you did. And voila, on 7th Jan I got an email WES evaluation completed. Without being much hopeful I logged in and downloaded the PDF stating my PG as 2 or more. :)

Those who are keen on re-evaluation, please make sure you send them a hard copy of your facts since emails are hardly read upon by WES.

Thanks CANPRI once again from the bottom of my heart for showing us the pathway.

P.S: I had already applied through IQAS as well after my rejection from WES and am expecting the evaluation by end of March 2019.

Thanks,
Chirag

This is a very long message, but I hope it will help some!

I want to share my experience with WES regarding the evaluation of my PGDM degree.

My initial ECA report released on 6th September read:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Management Studies
Year: 2009
Awarded by: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Management Studies
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2013
Awarded by: SIES College of Management Studies
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

The repercussion - Lost 33 points on CRS.

On 7th September, I wrote to them mentioning that my institution is recognised by AICTE and also presented the link to check it.

On 16th September, received a specific reply from WES - Institution recognition is not important. It is the program that needs to be recognised. If I wish, my institution could submit documentary proof and they would consider re evaluating.

On 18th September, I submitted - Bonafide letter from college + Letter from AICTE mentioning the Reference ID for the institution and program in a sealed envelope.

On 20th September, it was received at wes and file went into review.

On 4th October, they replied that it is not recognised and the report stays as it is (It is an automated message with one or two sentences added).

On 5th October - I wrote to them (a little bluntly) asking what exactly do they want. I had submitted everything possible.

Lull period till 2nd Nov (with no response)

On 3rd November, received a mail stating my evaluation is complete on 6th September. I thought this meant PERIOD, we are not going to entertain more requests from you.
However, out of curiosity, went to recheck my ECA report and noticed the following:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Two Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Management Studies
Year: 2009
Awarded by: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Management Studies

2. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2013
Awarded by: SIES College of Management Studies

This means I can now claim for 2 or more post secondary degrees.

WHy I posted this is - Please do not lose hope by one or two negative responses from them. I know they take ages to respond. But please do take it up sincerely and persistently if you have enough proof and can provide the status of your institution. It took 2 whole months for me.

Hope this helps atleast someone :) :)

best wishes

geetsmoudshar

Jan 21, 2019
Hi all,

I am MBA (International Business) from Panjab University. As per WES assessment, mine is one year PG Diploma! My friend from same university, but majoring in Finance had applied a few months ago and got a Masters equivalent. How do I go about correcting it? I have my IELTS next month and all this is creating a lot of stress! :(

geetsmoudshar

Jan 21, 2019
I have done a 2 year full-time PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad - although it is recognized by WES, the ECA report mentions 'Post graduate diploma (1 year)'. Firstly, WES treated it as a 1 year program instead of 2 years and secondly, they treated it as PG Diploma and not Masters. Interesting fact is that my batchmates got the WES ECA evaluation as Masters about 10-12 months ago. Now, I am not only shocked but clueless too about how I can raise a dispute with WES.
hi whats your course of action now? am in the same boat as yours..re-evaluaton or ces toronto university or IQAS?