+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for getting letter of drivers's license athentication from INDIA

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if the affidavit from Indian embassy, CGI Toronto is accepted for Ontario G2 license?
If not, anyone know how to obtain DL extract from Delhi RTO after leaving India?

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just went to Scarborough drive test centre and my affidavit form Indian embassy was rejected outright.

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What will u do now other than going back to india
I even tried to contact an agent in Delhi to get the letter from backdoor, but he mentioned I need to physically go there and provide finger prints for this letter. Regret not taking it while leaving India now. Anyone know any other work-around?

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
What will u do now other than going back to india
I'm trying to get this back form hometown, but not sure if I'll be successful. Its a pain to take family out without a car when you have a little one.
But I wonder why the CGI keeps giving this affidavit as a major service - all listed in their site etc. They could atleast give a warning that its not being accepted by Drive test centers so we dont spend time and money to get this done from CGI and end up nowhere.

I'm also not sure if its accepted in say some service ontarios and not on some drivetest centers as I clearly remember I was asked to get this affedevit by a service ontario a month before when I went there to enquire. I'll probably try walking in to the place where I went to enquire, just in case, though the process is supposed to be same across all centers

prescot

Jul 20, 2015
Any alternatives to name mismatch issue? As someone mentioned in this thread, DL only has first name and lists father's name separately. The letter has initial as last name. No clue how initial is kept as last name in RTO records. Read some posts that this name mismatch will fetch no credits. Going back to RTO does not help since they will refuse stating that is how their records are updated. Options?

Balis_zone

Sep 24, 2017
Hello Mr. Bhakti,

I read ur blog. Can u please send me also a copy of scanned certificate. That would be a great great help.

Thanks

Kamal.

Balis_zone

Sep 24, 2017
Hi friends,

I have recently shifted to British Columbia, I have to apply for my driving licence. Can someone please, send me the format of Driving Experience Letter on my Email: balis@rocketmail.com.

Also is there anyone from Delhi?

Thanks

Kamal

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
Guys, I've read the whole thread, the blog and found the DL extract format. However, like most people, I have few questions:
1) The DL extract is NOT issued on a letterhead. It is stamped and someone wrote that it is not valid. Any ideas? @thinkshady. Hope we can conclusively squash this one out!
2) My Surname is misspelt and my middle name is not included in the DL. I understand I need to get this fixed first.
3) Even bigger problem is My father's surname is incorrect too. Even I can get it corrected, it will still be wrong since he has since gotten his surname spelling updated in the Aadhar database. Looks like this is going to be a mess trying to navigate this mess!
4) Last but not the least, the DL extract format (which my RTO agent says won't be customized) doesn't have the purpose as supporting document for Canadian DL. It doesn't state the purpose.

Vishkeu22p

Oct 6, 2017
And additionally, I missed out on this - You get only once chance to attempt G with this certificate. If you fail that, you go back to G2. The advantage with the letter is that you have no wait periods at all, neither for G2 nor for G.
Hi...Can you please send me the letter from RTO ... my email address is : vishkey22pp@gmail.com Thank you..!!☺
And additionally, I missed out on this - You get only once chance to attempt G with this certificate. If you fail that, you go back to G2. The advantage with the letter is that you have no wait periods at all, neither for G2 nor for G.

Sahilsahni

Oct 6, 2017
Requesting someone to forward the scanned copy at sahil.sahni87@gmail.com.
Also, someone known to me went for his license test in BC. He was not asked for anything other than his license as proof of his more than 24 months driving experience. I wonder if this DL extract is actually required.

Reactions: cprasp

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
It is required only when you want to take 2nd or 3rd level test instead of beginner license. Also, its possible that some provinces don't need any proof other than license issue date.