+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for getting letter of drivers's license athentication from INDIA

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi can someone please send the format of the DL authentication letter please I need to apply for a driving license in Canada.

thanks

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
could someone post the copy of the DL Exact here, please hide the personal details before posting it.

it would be a great help

jaskarandh

Nov 29, 2017
Hi,

I am in India now and arrive Toronto in December so i also need a authentication letter from Indian RTO, can someone please send me the scanned copy of the letter so that i can get one from my RTO.

bj86

Dec 1, 2017
Did anyone of you receive a sample from members who have obtained the same in India? Can you please share the same on ind.write@gmail.com
The transport officer says he has never seen such a letter, however, he will consider issuing one if I show him an actual sample.

Madhu Babu

Dec 6, 2017
Can someone share me the sample letter to my mail id madhuchowdary9@gmail.com.

Can we contact Indian Consulate for this letter, I am not sure. I was guided by Service Ontario people to check with Indian Consulate.

By the my DL was issued by KR Puram(Bangalore. Can someone help me with sample Authorization letter?

Can this be given to anyone in RTO office? Since I am here in Toronto, I am planning to send my cousin to apply/collect from RTO(Battarahalli-KR Puram-Bangalore.

Madhu Babu

Dec 6, 2017
Hi all,
I have gone through the process today and here are points.

If you could not bring your authentication letter from India and if you are able to produce only original DL, they will consider as 1 year exp and can go to G2. This some people will accept and some not, since service Ontario doesn' have clear picture on this.

Instead you can apply for "sworn affidivit", which is also works as equalent to authorization letter from RTO.
Procedure to obtain this
* Take 19$ DD on name of "Consulate General of India"
* Take original and one photo copy of DL
* Take original and one photo copy of Passport
* Take original and one photo copy of address proof(PR card or rental agreement etc)
* One photo
* Fill application
== Produce all of above documents between 9:30 to 12:30, you will get your sworn affidavit on same day.

This will work and take driving experience from the day of your Indian DL issued.

If you have more than 2 years of your Indian Driving experience, you can directly go to G test from the day you clear G1. No need to wait even for a single day after cleaing G1.

Hope this helps. If any help needed, you can reach me at 647 678 4894.

karanvij87

Dec 17, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I reside in Brampton. Can a member here please send me the sample DL experience letter on karanvij87@gmail.com.
Struggling a lot to get driving experience approved.

It would be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
i posted this already. hope it helps.

i just got my extract today from Sheikh Sarai RTO, Delhi. here are the steps i followed:
1. went to information desk, and asked for process- i had to explain what i need and she told me it was called an experience letter. asked me to take a written application for the same to the inspector
2. went to the inspector who informed me it was called 'Extract'. took a copy of the driving license and letter- signed the letter and asked me to submit fees.
3. waited for a long time for the fee submission. checked online, there is no option for paying this fee online. i will try the helpline.
4. after paying fees, went to data entry desk- they asked me to check details and go back to Inspector.
5. the inspector took a look at my fees and gave to his assistant.
6. assistant asked me to get printout from one of the other desks and the inspector signed/stamped it immediately.

the overall process is very smooth and transparent. no hassles or requests for bribe. inspector extremely polite and courteous. explained things to me even though there is a huge line. saw him behave well with others as well.

for those interested, you may see the redacted version of the extract here. https://imgur.com/a/DWMu4

please like my post if i helped