Help for getting letter of drivers's license athentication from INDIA

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Can you share the scanned copy on prasoon.sharma487@gmail.com
Hi,

can someone plz send me sample copy of Abstract...Need it badly n urgently

I am here in Toronto...
Also,need to know if MOT accepts Abstract on letter head and stamp both or only Letter head would do..
My RTO in India (lucknow) doesnt issue anything of this sort and also dont give anything on letter head...

Anyone aware of how this can be done now....
can someone plz revert on this.

nithinpaih

May 23, 2018
Hi Doddi,

RTOs not only have different formats for this letter as some friends have mentioned, but they also call it different names, at least that's my observation. At some RTOs they call it "Driving Experience Letter", at some others they call it "Driver's Abstract", etc etc. So depending on what you called it and what your RTO understood it as, can also make a difference.

I can send a scanned copy of one such letter to your email id. Please note though, that every RTO has different formats and yours might not be exactly the same as the one I send. One more forum friend has faced the exact same issue as yours but he is no longer active here. I will ask him how he managed to get it ultimately and let you know. But for that, as Mitali has asked, it will be helpful if you can say which RTO you belong to. Also give me your email id.

Oh and lastly, one clarification. If you have this letter, you can take the G test directly i.e. you can skip G2 if you want. Or another flexibility it can offer (if you do not want to go for G directly) is that you can take the G2 without any wait period after your G1.

Best,

BhaktiUjjwal
Hello Bhakti Ujjwal,

Could you mail DLE format please. I am.aksijg this so that i can get an idra how it looks, for me to ask for my extract. My email id is nithinpaih@gmail.com.

Thank you so much,

Regards,
Nithin

mihirp83

Nov 8, 2014
Vadodara
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
Nomination.....
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
Med's Request
06-04-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
08-05-2017
I have my DL Abstract and DL certificate issued last year. I had asked the authority here in Canada that do we need both document and I was told that only DL Abstract will suffice the need to consider experience. But I had got the DL Certificate as well just to make sure nothing holds up. Below is the link with sample of both. I hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fx5cgm6fwcr3dwo/AAC1uWx0c9BVoDhTFGyRKmDaa?dl=0

Last edited:

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
I am seeking information for DL Extract , In chandigarh I went to the DSP traffic Office, they asked me to give a application requesting a driving history along with copy of driving licence, they will issue a driving record in 2 days, this service is free.
However on https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice16/stateSelection.do website they also give an option to apply for DL extract online, Although I will be going to RTO chandigarh tomorrow along with the form generated from saarthi vahan website. But my question is out of these two options which option is the one which is required for toronto.. Please help

Namit

Feb 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I live In Waterloo. I have got my Indian driving licence authenticated from the Indian high commission in Toronto. They just attested the affidavit. When asked, they said that would suffice for the driving test here in Ontario.
Am I missing something here?

Thank,
Ari
Hi ,It seems a very old thread.But still if you can respond please.I am here in Toronto but missed getting my extract.I am thinking to by the same procedure as you did .Please share your experience .Were you able to get DL based on the affidavit attested by the Indian High Commission.Please reply.Thank you !

Namit

Feb 5, 2017
I am also in a similar position like yours. I also have old license not the modern chip enabled one. Did you find any solution to this problem ?
Hi..were you guys able to manage your DL without the extract and non chipped Indian DL.Please share your experience.Need help on this .Thank you